British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Fever

Leicester V. King's Lynn Thursday Sept 11th

Plenty of good genuine passing tonight and a well deserved win for Kings Lynn

• Like 1

Makes such a difference when Puk and Lewis R's replacements score well. Great to see Kenneth stepping up to the plate in the last two meetings too. Everybody chipped in tonight which was very pleasing, maximum points on Tuesday ought to see us finish to of the pile which means a lot after a tremendous season, and means we can pick Coventry in the semis.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Makes such a difference when Puk and Lewis R's replacements score well. Great to see Kenneth stepping up to the plate in the last two meetings too. Everybody chipped in tonight which was very pleasing, maximum points on Tuesday ought to see us finish to of the pile which means a lot after a tremendous season, and means we can pick Coventry in the semis.

That would be great as alot of us bees fans want to finish top so we can pick Kings Lynn in the semi. So win win situation. X

That would be great as alot of us bees fans want to finish top so we can pick Kings Lynn in the semi. So win win situation. X

Great win for the Stars tonight - good show by all and even the guest thank goodness! Certainly helps us in our bid to finish top.

Coventry can't overtake Lynn now unless Lynn lose points at home v. Lakeside, leaving Poole as the main threat - they need to get 2x 4pt away wins to make sure though at Coventry and Leicester. Hopefully the Bees can ruin their hopes and maybe finish above them to boot :P

Current top 3

Lynn +21 (max poss +25) (min +18)

Coventry +15 (max poss +19) (min +3)

Poole +14 (max poss +22) (min +14)

• Like 1

First visit to Leicester, very impressed with the set up, good bunch of fans and wherever you stood had a good view of the track. I am surprised at some of the comments on here and twitter about the racing, I thought there was some good racing, passing in most heats, not necessarily at the front but minor places were often good hard battles. Great win for the Stars, sad to see Mads struggle looked really out of sorts being passed by Harris and Lambert on the inside. Have to say great sportsmanship by Craig Cook clearing the track in heat 13, nice one!

Hope Leicester stay Elite I look forward to going back in 2015. Onwards and upwards!

• Like 2

Absolutely terrific performance to get 4 points in the bag :drink:

We so needed that. The boys have stepped up again so it's time us fans step it up Tuesday night #KLStarsFansDay and show our support :cheers:

Totally agree, step it up people, let's show our team how much we appreciate their efforts :-)

Great comeback for King's Lynn who looked to be riding with confidence again. Look to have the strongest reserve pairing along with Coventry out of the teams pushing for the title.

Glad they are back at the top as would like to see them finish there after leading for most of the season

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the live screening last night. Of those I've seen, this was comparable with the best, With the camera placed near a loudspeaker, we were kept up to date with all the results and riders.,, Having heard so much adverse remarks about the track I was pleasantly surprised of the quality last night. All this talk of a gate and go was completely wrong.

Pleased also, that the Stars appear to back on track again, after a few sub performances recently. I think the continuous string of injuries had taken it's toll and when Niels was known to be out for the remainder, it really knocked the stuffing out of some. But in Simon Lambert, he is proving a adequate replacement for Rose and performed well last night. Bomber, although not a Niels, also did well . Bomber is always a good guest and very seldom lets anyone down.

Leicester, battled hard. Some rode really well while others were below par. Hope they stay at the Elite level, and I sure they well benefit from it with time.....

I think I'm right in saying that, by winning 3 pts against Lakeside on Tuesday will all but assure us of topping the league this year. That in it's self is a tremendous achievement and should be rewarded. With 2 main riders missing through injuries, I am not confident about winning the play-offs. The replacements are of paramount importance it we are going to remain at the top of the honours.

I have always voiced against the logic of League Champions being acclaimed by winning the play-off and this year even more so. To me, it's ludicrous, that after 120 league matches stretching 7 months, honours will be awarded based on Rider replacements, Guests, and Rider availability.

Please don't tell me: 'That's good for the sport'...........

• Like 1

So witch rider I being replaced at leicester next week could it be Mads

He does not ride for Ipswich !!!

Sorry could not resist that

Can riders be sacked after the 'transfer deadline'?

Just worried that if Lions do sack Mads, he will be ineligible to guest for anyone in the play-offs as he will be club-less.

It's looking increasingly likely that in the play-offs Lynn and Poole will be 'battling' for guests such as Bjarne, Bridger, Watt, Nicholls, Cook and lets face it Poole will get whoever they want as they'll pay more.

Can riders be sacked after the 'transfer deadline'?

Just worried that if Lions do sack Mads, he will be ineligible to guest for anyone in the play-offs as he will be club-less.

It's looking increasingly likely that in the play-offs Lynn and Poole will be 'battling' for guests such as Bjarne, Bridger, Watt, Nicholls, Cook and lets face it Poole will get whoever they want as they'll pay more.

What an awful thought. Battling for the likes of those you mention to replace NKI.

• Like 1

Goodbye Mads Korneliussen.

Thanks for your half hearted efforts of the last month hope you enjoy riding for Kings Lynn in 2015 on your reduced average .

Nothing against Kings Lynn but i hope Norrie does sack Mads just so he can't earn money out of British Speedway by Guesting for Kings Lynn

Goodbye Mads Korneliussen.

Thanks for your half hearted efforts of the last month hope you enjoy riding for Kings Lynn in 2015 on your reduced average .

Nothing against Kings Lynn but i hope Norrie does sack Mads just so he can't earn money out of British Speedway by Guesting for Kings Lynn

What an awful thought. Battling for the likes of those you mention to replace NKI.

Tell me about it, Having Niels meant we pretty much won any heat 1, 13 and 15 no matter where we were. None of those guys listed are anywhere near him. Poole are in the same boat don't get me wrong but they're missing their top man because is he got pi55ed and not through an unfortunate injury.

If only Matej Zagar would guest : ) Best away rider around Lynn this season for me, inc. Piotr.

Just hope Kenny continues his recent good form.

• Like 2