British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Norrie Or Mads

Wow mads is a good rider ok the lion had a bad season but look all the team changes .

I will be most surprised if Mads appears tomorrow,even though he is listed in the team. I, like most of the other Lions fans who have commented on here have been disappointed in Mads. He started off ok, but then his form dipped & only the home performance against Coventry really stands out lately. And for an rider like him who knows all the elite league tracks well, to only average 5.86 away from home is pretty poor.

According to my records he averages 7.13 at home & 5.86 away for the Lions. He has dropped 0.46 off his staring average.

In his defence, most EL 3rd heatleaders have seen their averages drop and a few 2nd heatleaders too.

To prove my points he's averaged more than PK, Kylamorkpi, King, MJJ(form his few meetings), Cook, Barker, Kennett and Schlein despite starting on a similar or lower average

Edited by SCB

Lost miserably. See below for report from Lions website.

Belle Vue 55 : Leicester 38 Posted: 09 Sep 2014 09:09

Leicester’s hopes of rounding off their first season in the Elite League with a win away from home never came off against an in-form Belle Vue side who won the match by 55 points to 38. Apart from the first two heats that were drawn the Rapid Solicitors Lions best spell came between Heats 9 and 12 when they shared the points with the home team. Nicolai Klindt was the Lions highest scorer with three wins, one of which was for double points, and Max Clegg impressed on his old track.

Scorers

Belle Vue 55 points: Matej Zagar 7+3, Michael Palm Toft 9, Scott Nicholls 11+3, Richie Worrall 8, Craig Cook 12+2, Paul Starke 5+1 and Lee Payne 3+3

Leicester 38 points: Jason Doyle 3, Sam Masters 8+1, Rohan Tungate 4, Nicolai Klindt 13, Simon Stead 1, Ben Hopwood 0 and Max Clegg 9

Meanwhile, the Lion Cubs went down 49-41 at Kent in the National Trophy and needing to win by a 22 points margin to reach the final the result brings to an end their involvement in the competition. The Cubs pressed the home side and at one stage they were level towards the end only for the Kings to pull ahead in the final races.

While I havent seen Mads ride this year so cant comment on his effort, nobody has explained how he can be fit to ride abroad on sunday and tuesday, but cant ride here on monday.

• Like 2

While I havent seen Mads ride this year so cant comment on his effort, nobody has explained how he can be fit to ride abroad on sunday and tuesday, but cant ride here on monday.

I don't like Mondays (in the UK) disease.

A condition which has now spread from Poland to Denmark.

Mads said that he shouldn't have ridden on Sunday cos it was painful and I guess come Tuesday after not racing Monday his injuries didn't hurt so much .,......Mads is no wuss!

• Like 1

If he has lowered his average, then maybe someone will reap the benefit of that next season. Mads is no gater, so Leicester cant really have been the ideal choice, as I recall it was almost the only choice.

• Like 2

Because if you're not feeling 100% and have to pick your meetings a bit more wisely, 2 play-off meetings will trump a bottom of the table clash every time. Also riding a tigher Monmore track will be harder on an injured thigh. Or maybe Mads is just uncommitted and doesn't give a crap but fans of Newport, Swindon and Kings Lynn would tell you different.

I don't like Mondays (in the UK) disease.

A condition which has now spread from Poland to Denmark.

MJJ has been a long term sufferer.

I think Mads tries hard but i guess that he keeps his best bikes in Poland and Sweden.

Mads - judging by Twitter this evening. Bizarre with only 1 match left.

• Like 2