British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Berwick Pl 11-9-2014

Edinburgh will pick up the six points tonight that will put them top. I suspect their first pick will be Workington, leaving Somerset to choose Berwick. Edinburgh will then pick Scunthorpe, leaving you with Ipswich.

Somerset will also get points tonight, so it won't be settled until the weekend.

What might be clearer after tonight is who will be sixth, if Peterborough don't get a win at Plymouth, that'll open the door for Workington.

Scunthorpe will be last team picked. Neither of the top two will want them in their section. They're in form, they don't carry a travelling support and are a Friday track, meaning fixture hassles for either choosing club.

Edited by crescent girl

Somerset will also get points tonight, so it won't be settled until the weekend.What might be clearer after tonight is who will be sixth, if Peterborough don't get a win at Plymouth, that'll open the door for Workington.Scunthorpe will be last team picked. Neither of the top two will want them in their section. They're in form, they don't carry a travelling support and are a Friday track, meaning fixture hassles for either choosing club.

I was under the impression that today was the cut off date?

Scunthorpe have a couple of off race nights don't they?

Indeed... and rob godfrey alluded to this on Tuesday!

Berwick have a very good side for Owlerton so that was a good win for the Tigers and pity about heat 15 that we didn't take all the points but Bellego was on it all night and super fast. Great performance by Ben who's getting better every meeting at Owlerton and Steady who was excellent as usual and good points from the others, fair to say most people were surprised with the man of the match choice given Nico only scored 3 :o

Regarding the Playoffs, I saw Berwick at Shielfield on Saturday against Scunny and last night and they don't quite look as strong as they did earlier in the season, particulary out of the starting gate. Maybe saving themselves for the playoffs but will need a big improvement to advance past either Edinburgh or Somerset.

I was under the impression that today was the cut off date?

Sun14th is cut -off day Midnight.

Dont think either would want Scunny on their present form

Or Ippo for that matter!!

Looks like that apology I made to those who said Nico would be a decent rider was a bit premature. A 4.24 average so far and I was laughed for saying he'd do well to get 6 :D

Maybe,but I'm not sure Somerset would want both Ipswich and Scunthorpe

Scunthorpe are the form team right now, I`m sure Edinburgh & Somerset will want to avoid them, though with Edinburgh getting 1st pick I think Scunthorpe will end up with Somerset. IMO Edinburgh will pick Berwick.

Scunthorpe are the form team right now, I`m sure Edinburgh & Somerset will want to avoid them, though with Edinburgh getting 1st pick I think Scunthorpe will end up with Somerset. IMO Edinburgh will pick Berwick.

Edinburgh are favourites to get 1st Place but they have to win their 3 home matches and get a point at Glasgow if Somerset beat Worky tonight.

Edinburgh are favourites to get 1st Place but they have to win their 3 home matches and get a point at Glasgow if Somerset beat Worky tonight.

Edinburgh have 13pts to race for before the cut off date, there`s every chance they will get all 13 and finish top even with two matches still to race.