British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stratton

Young Pawlicki Is He A Star In The Making Or Another Overated Young Pole.?

Some good points certainly about the speed element,and lets be honest how many can compare with Ward.? But a thing i have never done is to convert a EL average to a PL two different disciplines different tracks and different sizes.Some of the tracks in the Pl would of suited him down to the ground,ie) Scunthorpe,Workington,Somerset,Sheffield,as examples proper racing strips.I will stick my neck out and say he will certainly turn out a better rider than Cook i am hopefull that he has a great career ahead of him.

Morris i see everyweek and the quality is there,if he keeps working he will get higher up the ladder.A rider who i have kept an eye on and he has really impressed me is the Czech Eduard Krcmar he is promising.

I go too Swindon most weeks Sidney, must meet up for a pint!

Havent seen lambert race live but comparing him to Ward at 16 is pathetic

Ward topped the pl aves and actually got better when he moved up from reserve. In his first el season he was averagin about seven. In a stronger league

Ward a far bigger talent sadly seems to go off the rails alot.

Comparing their ability on the bike isn't pathetic at all, and that's from somebody who watched both week in week out at 16. But their gating is worlds apart and Robert's scores won't hit the heights until he gets that sorted. We probably won't be able to compare them properly until the end of 2016, if Lambert is averaging 9+ in the EL at eighteen then he will be round about where Darcy was at that age. Would like to see Lambert doing EL and PL next year and then hopefully Sweden and Poland the year after.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

TBH, what he's doing at 16, 17 or 18 it's clsoe to irrelevant. If Ward gets banned for 2 years now, comes back to the GP in 3 years time and never really gets over it while Robert takes until he's 25 to hit the big time and then wins 5 World titles in his 30s then Robert will have been the bigger success.

It would be nice if someone could work with him now to fix his gating - rather than doing a Bomber and waiting until he's 30!

We were talking about this at Lynn the other night, wondering if it was a technique issue or set up, or both. I don't think our track really helps him to be honest, the starts are the grippiest around and not the easiest to make a good getaway from, he seems to gate better away from home much of the time. If he can get it sorted soon the sky is the limit for him.

• Like 1

Havent seen lambert race live but comparing him to Ward at 16 is pathetic

Ward topped the pl aves and actually got better when he moved up from reserve. In his first el season he was averagin about seven. In a stronger league

Ward a far bigger talent sadly seems to go off the rails alot.

You are entitled to your opinion but comparing there ability at the same age is not Pathetic.Maybe hypothetical, but you have to say Lambert thrown straight in to the EL and he did not even start in March was a few weeks behind was at a higher level that Ward started at.Also as you said Ward averaged about seven in his first EL campaign( i admit the level was higher ) that was after a full season in the PL.Look nobody underestimates what a talent Ward is, Lambert if his gating can improve will progress no doubts in my mind injury free.
  • Like 1

Fair comment just think Ward at sixteen was an all round better rider and an accomplished number one. Dont think lambert would be at this stage.

Best debutant in the PL must surely be nicki pedersen tho, averaging 10+ in a very strong league. But thats going off topic a bit

Fair comment just think Ward at sixteen was an all round better rider and an accomplished number one. Dont think lambert would be at this stage.

Best debutant in the PL must surely be nicki pedersen tho, averaging 10+ in a very strong league. But thats going off topic a bit

Newcastle over the years have been masters in producing top class riders, some people in the know say if you can master Brough Park then you are half way there.!!

Nicki was about 22 though so a very unfair comparison.

The two best 16yo's were Ward and Woffy who got just over bad just under 9. David Howe got 7.5 in 1998. Can't think of any other 16 year olds who got over 6.

The two best 16yo's were Ward and Woffy who got just over bad just under 9. David Howe got 7.5 in 1998. Can't think of any other 16 year olds who got over 6.

Lee was an exception all those years ago better than all named,one young lad i really thought could of done well was Michael Graves it didnt happen for some reason.

I remember seeing Dave Jessup having his first rides as a 16 year old. Now he wasn't too shabby once he found his feet.

True just saying he was the best newcomer in the pl ive seen. Pure class

Peter Collins had an 8.4 average in his first full season in British League he was 18 though .

Now he was good, really good.