British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tigers Premier League Knock Out Cup Monday 15th September 2014 1st Leg

As long as the play-offs exist with a cut-off date for league fixtures to count towards standings they will always have precedence in the mind of the clubs. Maybe a similar 'cut-off' for cup fixtures would force so-called 'early season' comps to be run more sensibly. Sure I can remember us lifting the league cup in late July/August in the triple winning 2010? prior to play-offs.

As long as the play-offs exist with a cut-off date for league fixtures to count towards standings they will always have precedence in the mind of the clubs. Maybe a similar 'cut-off' for cup fixtures would force so-called 'early season' comps to be run more sensibly. Sure I can remember us lifting the league cup in late July/August in the triple winning 2010? prior to play-offs.

should have scrapped them extra 2 home 2 away meetings when Peterborough joined the league C

• Like 2

should have scrapped them extra 2 home 2 away meetings when Peterborough joined the league C

You are right. :t:

Where's the logic in that?! <sigh> #britishspeedwayisbuggered-up

On that assumption Hettie the logic is probably in the same place that decided to start a cup competition in May yet have two protagonists waiting til Sept to actually be able to get cracking on it?

As far as I am aware, the draw for the first two rounds is made pre season so clubs can set a date for the first one at least, it is then left to the qualifying teams to set their own agenda for the rest, probably why the competition can never be completed before the seasons end, if, as I "suggested" qualifying teams were given a set timescale to arrange and race those ties we might not be in this position every year, that's all I'm saying!! ;)

• Like 1

On that assumption Hettie the logic is probably in the same place that decided to start a cup competition in May yet have two protagonists waiting til Sept to actually be able to get cracking on it?

As far as I am aware, the draw for the first two rounds is made pre season so clubs can set a date for the first one at least, it is then left to the qualifying teams to set their own agenda for the rest, probably why the competition can never be completed before the seasons end, if, as I "suggested" qualifying teams were given a set timescale to arrange and race those ties we might not be in this position every year, that's all I'm saying!! ;)

Sorry, that was my own very poor attempt to suggest that doing anything sensible in this sport is beyond the BSPA.

They can't even REarrange a party in pub :-(

Sorry, that was my own very poor attempt to suggest that doing anything sensible in this sport is beyond the BSPA.

They can't even REarrange a party in pub :-(

No worries, I had an inkling that was what you were doing, tho now I've extrapolated my own view on the subject I'm surprisingly happier with the outcome than I was before!! :D

Wonder if it's worth putting it forward, as a suggestion of course!! ;)

• Like 1

No worries, I had an inkling that was what you were doing, tho now I've extrapolated my own view on the subject I'm surprisingly happier with the outcome than I was before!! :D

Glad to be of service :)

Any idea is worth putting forward, because they come up with bizarre ideas anyway!

Edited by Had Enough Too

Weather pretty lousy at the min., but, according to MetOffice website it will improve early afternoon after light rain at about 1pm, with further rain not expected until around 10pm.

Any team news?

Millsy out, so another guest needed, but Robbo should be fit, I hear, which is good news.

Glasgow might have a change too.

If anyone can enlighten us it would be nice!

Weather pretty lousy at the min., but, according to MetOffice website it will improve early afternoon after light rain at about 1pm, with further rain not expected until around 10pm.

Any team news?

Millsy out, so another guest needed, but Robbo should be fit, I hear, which is good news.

Glasgow might have a change too.

If anyone can enlighten us it would be nice!

Yes, I expect it will be on. Most of the sheets were put down yesterday, and the rest are going down at 5.00pm, so anybody who can turn up and help would be most appreciated after such a poor response yesterday.

Don't forget it is a 7.30 start tonight.

PLRC

Getting nearer. We have only 10 places left on the bigger bus to Sheffield this Sunday, and the price is £16 per person. Anybody wanting to go, just get in touch with Malla Douglas tonight at Brough or ring him on his mobile 07939719183
Edited by Tsunami

11 heats gone and the boys are keeping it tight at 35-31.

C'mon the Tigers, let's keep it going.

Theo Pjiper - Has acted like a true captain last few weeks when we needed him. Good man!

Wolbert - Extract your friggin' digit.

• Like 1

11 heats gone and the boys are keeping it tight at 35-31.

C'mon the Tigers, let's keep it going.

Theo Pjiper - Has acted like a true captain last few weeks when we needed him. Good man!

Wolbert - Extract your friggin' digit.

Dont , i was saying nothing till it was over , things can still go pear shaped

• Like 1

Dont , i was saying nothing till it was over , things can still go pear shaped

Opps!

Like at home, I'll get the blame then. ;)

Opps!

I've learned from experience , dont post anything on the BSF during a meeting . It's the kiss of death every time . :P

Seriously ? Palovaara in heat 15 :shock:

Opps!

6 points from 4 heats since you said we were doing ok . Beware the curse of the BSF :shock:

I've learned from experience , dont post anything on the BSF during a meeting . It's the kiss of death every time . :P

Seriously ? Palovaara in heat 15 :shock:

6 points from 4 heats since you said we were doing ok . Beware the curse of the BSF :shock:

Oh shoot.

I'm off now to commit ritual harry carry.

Nice knowing everyone on BSF.

Have a nice Christmas when it comes.

Oh shoot.

I'm off now to commit ritual harry carry.

Nice knowing everyone on BSF.

Have a nice Christmas when it comes.

Dont be silly , Victor was good enough for heat 15 , and he wasn't last , surely something to celebrate :P

• Like 1