British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Midland Development League Riders Championship

Uncle Len said he had an offer to hold it at Rye House (Probably on the 4th) but hasn't made a decision yet

awaiting confirmation but could be 4th or 11th

The 2014 Midland Development League Riders’ Championship looks set for a new venue with Leicester unable to offer a date this year after two successful stagings of the event in 2012 and 2013.

There were talks that Peterborough as a neutral venue might host it but they too now cannot offer a date so the league co-ordinators have approached Len Silver to see if he would stage it at Rye House. Subject to the costings being discussed Len announced to his crowd on Saturday that they were considering holding the MDLRC .

Dates of either Saturday October 4th or 11th have been pencilled in and confirmation is awaited.

With the riders at this level not receiving points money or travel costs the organisers have ensured they do not go away empty handed with each race sponsored to enable every rider to be given a voucher to be spent on the spares van.

Joint league co-ordinator Laurence Rogers outlines what is planned, “ We are looking for race sponsors at just £50 plus if a meeting sponsor is interested we can discuss with them what this would entail. Any firms or fans willing to sponsor a race or whatever can e-mail me at : laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk or text me on 07801429304 .”

“I already have sponsored body colours courtesy of my old Newport promoter Nick Mallett although we had to replace one as last year’s winner Shaun Tedham’s went missing!”

“The rider’s methanol is being provided and sponsored by Dave Roscoe again so a big thank you to him. The trophies for the 1, 2 and 3 are again hand made by Mick Chapman Trophies of Ashord , Kent are totally superb.”

“We have had two brilliant meetings at Leicester and I am sorry we can’t have a third this year but I am sure Uncle Len will be a great host for us.”

Each of the 10 clubs will have representation with one from each team with the final six spots going to the MDL in positions 1st to 6th a second rider and the meeting reserves from the teams in 7th and 8th place.

Is it still on for Rye on the 11th.? No mention of it on their website where it seems to be saying that the NLRC on this Sunday will be bringing the curtain down on the season there?

Is there a date and venue for this meeting (Rye House website lists next meeting as spring 2015)

As there are eight MDL matches not been completed due to lack of dates(!!!!!!!), I would imagine it will be difficult to find a club that is able to stage the riders final.

Pity a forward thinking club like Scunthorpe can't be approached and asked to stage all the outstanding fixtures one Sunday afternoon, it would still amount to less races than their wonderful Amateur meetings, and would leave the league table looking in a creditable position.

As there are eight MDL matches not been completed due to lack of dates(!!!!!!!), I would imagine it will be difficult to find a club that is able to stage the riders final.

Pity a forward thinking club like Scunthorpe can't be approached and asked to stage all the outstanding fixtures one Sunday afternoon, it would still amount to less races than their wonderful Amateur meetings, and would leave the league table looking in a creditable position.

Forum rule duly broken

No sensible posts allowed

Forum rule duly broken

No sensible posts allowed

Sorry about that, I'll try not to allow it to happen again :nono:

as it stands several potential venues have been approached to run the meeting but so far no success ..which is a great pity as this meeting has been superb the last 2 years .

I am still on the case !!