It's on the Kent Kings Facebook page. Posted by someone who was at the meeting

It's on the Kent Kings Facebook page. Posted by someone who was at the meeting

Not good...

Also I cannot find the facebook page with this information

Edited by Hunty

Not good...

Also I cannot find the facebook page with this information

Kent Speedway Supporters Edited by Shads

Thanks, such a shame! Dont know what Kent do next but a 6:30 start time wont work in any league other than the NL!

Any more opertunities all alterations that could be made!

sad news but speedway has to accept that this modern world full of nimbys will have to be addressed by making things quieter somehow although i accept that the roar is part of the attraction

either that or build tracks in the sticks like quite a few of the Swedish clubs

From a selfish point of view I don't mind the 6.30 start time, but for the club to progress it needs PL racing. The sooner, the better.

Vote against 10-4

As my TV hero, Victor Meldrew of 'One Foot In The Grave" fame would have said: "I don't believe it..." A 10-4 against vote is ridiculous!

Vote against 10-4 Why do they have to be in bed by 9? Do you have a curfew in your house too?Berwick have a similar problem. One person has kept the curfew at 9.30pm despite one of his kids being a regular at Shielfield

No, but they are both under 7, and they find staying up later too much if they have school the next morning, I understand it doesn't suit everybody

No, but they are both under 7, and they find staying up later too much if they have school the next morning, I understand it doesn't suit everybody

Both my kids are out of school now, but we found that 8-9 hours sleep was plenty for them.

I guess everyone's different.

The noise situation is a farce. The bikes are running for 20 minutes and there are not enough people at most meetings to whip up a storm. There is significantly more noise at most football matches. I remember Romford having to close because one resident complained. Why are we such a nation of kill-joys?.

A 10-4 margin against changing the time curfew is pretty conclusive. My 'grapevine' tells me that there may well be concerns in regard to the future of the club...let's hope not.

A factor in all these council hearings is HOW MANY ACTUAL LOCAL PEOPLE attend the meetings? Their opinions are the ones that councillors have to accept - not those of people who come from outside the catchment area for where the track is situated. Harsh but very true.

It all reminds me of the closure of Hastings in 1949 which went to High Court because the 11 (or may be 13 people( who objected on noise grounds all owned property in close proximity to the Pilot Field.

The views of travelling supporters sadly do not count at the end of the day.

For all that, I am astounded and most disappointed at this possible blow to the long-term future of Kent Kings. Like others I eagerly await the view of the club on this matter.

Edited by Guest

I feel sorry for Roger Cearns and all the work,effort,finance etc to get this project off the ground.

The future of Kent Kings has got to be in doubt because of this poor decision.

So much for the Leader of the Council saying the things he did - a lot of good that was ?

Dont people get on your nerves, as a previous person said, its 20 to 25 minutes of actual bike noise lasting at most a couple of minutes each race. The world is full of stupid gits.

• Like 1