British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Ipswich Vs Scunthorpe ( P L Play-offs) - Thursday, September 25th

Happy with the score which in the play offs is the main thing.

Gotta feel a bit for Scunny who fought hard but just ran out of steam and riders.

Some excellent Witches performances not least Cam including a stunning race against Auty in 14.

My top man tonight though was Richie Worrall.Robbed of a deserved maximum only by the need to re run heat 15.

Guest WTF1

The only surprise on seeing this result tonight was that Ipswich didn't reach 60, Scunny's achilles heel no.6 berth pointless again and Ashley Birks replacement Mark Lemon (please retire now) scoring only 4 Scunthorpe were never going to keep it close but well done to Ipswich although my money is still on Somerset to win the group

Decent win in the end , will it be enough ? Time will tell .

My biggest annoyance of this evening was the ref , so inconsistent on pulling races back it was unbelievable ! Both teams were pulling rollers virtually every race , the worst one being Klindt in ht7 which the ref let go . Hope he's OK after he binned it under pressure from Worrall . I would also like to add my disappointment about some fans cheering when he went down , bang out of order in my opinion !

Also hope Gino is OK , not sure if he hurt himself when falling in ht5 ? Pretty unlucky evening for him , packing up in his first ride while leading as well .

So , overall a satisfying home win , could have been more had the unfortunate Gino had a better night but could just as easily been less but for Scunny's bad luck .

Now looking forward to next week against The Rebels , more of the same please !

• Like 2

The big issue for me if Klindt is not riding tomorrow and taking into consideration other injuries - just what sort of side are they going to put out!

Potentially gifting the points to Somerset which will mean no way back in the group for Ipswich?

Shame on a group of Ipswich fans cheering when klindt fell off.

The cheering was not because a rider had fallen it was celebrating a good ride from a rider who has been struggling with form. If you noticed the reaction soon change when the rider fell and hit the fence. I believe you are trying to make something out of nothing as per usual.
  • Like 2

Fair play to David and Josh, thought they rode really well, sadly the rest of the team struggled, and poor Lemmo looked like he needed an oxygen tank after his last ride bless him. Glad Nicolai was OK, didn't realise he was riding injured.

The Witches made hard work early on, with Gino spectacularly blowing up his engine whilst leading heat 3, never really recovered, and have to say he was a sad sight in the pits tonight, but he will bounce back.

Thought it was clever that the lads kept it close until heat 11 to allow only the one black and white (lol) in heat 12, but once they got going it seemed Scunny ran out of steam.

Have to just add, thought Josh Auty really knew how to work the track, and built up a lot of speed in his races, but Cameron bettered him in heat 14 WOW!!!

I think Chris Gay should pay for the repair of the burnt out clutches, such a lovely smell. Why does he feel he has to hold the tapes for so long. Another meeting which dragged on because of his incompetence, and again he forgets to put the green light on and just lets the tapes go like he did the last meeting he refereed at Ipswich. When Auty fell in the last race when he lost his steel shoe the green lights came on and then he changed it to the red lights.

Felt sorry for Richie as he was on for a paid max but sods law kicked in in the rerun and he only came third. Whole team perform well apart from poor G-Man who is counting the cost for a blown engine and his second bike didn't look set up for a small track and he was struggling to ride it. I think this group will come down to the results at Scunthorpe so hopefully Klindt will be back tomorrow at home and Scunthorpe win.

• Like 2

The cheering was not because a rider had fallen it was celebrating a good ride from a rider who has been struggling with form. If you noticed the reaction soon change when the rider fell and hit the fence. I believe you are trying to make something out of nothing as per usual.

Don't think so, they do it everytime an opposing rider falls, add to that they all started laughing with calls of, get up you useless twit

The only surprise on seeing this result tonight was that Ipswich didn't reach 60, Scunny's achilles heel no.6 berth pointless again and Ashley Birks replacement Mark Lemon (please retire now) scoring only 4 Scunthorpe were never going to keep it close but well done to Ipswich although my money is still on Somerset to win the group

Scunny nearly hit 60 when the witches visited the EWR in June,and Ipo had a full team and 2 x tac rides

Get through tonight by hook or by crook and Scunny are still in the game

Going to Places in the play offs is tough with full teams in tough,with half a team int tougher,get a full team out and its will be different!!

• Like 1

Good to see Worrall race like we know he can, and heeps continues his good form with some attacking racing.

After the first few heats I though it was just going to be one of those nights, when the opposition up their game and we don't. In the end it turned out to be a comfortable win, helped with the withdrawal of klindt and the poor for of Jorgensen.

I think we may just still be in the race to finish top, a lot really will depend on how good or badly we perform at the EWR next Friday. So just for the moment I shall refrain from starting a 2015 thread. Come on lads, you can still do this.

• Like 3

Good to see Worrall race like we know he can, and heeps continues his good form with some attacking racing.

After the first few heats I though it was just going to be one of those nights, when the opposition up their game and we don't. In the end it turned out to be a comfortable win, helped with the withdrawal of klindt and the poor for of Jorgensen.

I think we may just still be in the race to finish top, a lot really will depend on how good or badly we perform at the EWR next Friday. So just for the moment I shall refrain from starting a 2015 thread. Come on lads, you can still do this.

Do i detect a hint of cleverness form the Elite league reject,?? put 20 points on 4 man team!!! you got hammered proper at the EWR last time,plus 2 tack rides and a dodgy refs decison when Scunny sat on a 5-1 in heat 14

Score was made to look even better when Jorgensen on a max and sat on gate 4 shed a chain--- In other words last time at the EWR you were poor!!!

The cheering was not because a rider had fallen it was celebrating a good ride from a rider who has been struggling with form. If you noticed the reaction soon change when the rider fell and hit the fence.

No it wasn't.

The cheering I heard was directly after Nicolai fell off. I overheard one guy say: "Serves him right."

And then there was booing when Nicolai got to his feet. :o

I think the Ippo fans - well a section of them in any case - are the worst in British Speedway.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

I feel Ive got to comment here if only to say Well done Josh and David and hope Klindt is OK. he's struggled with an injury for weeks and when he withdrew the writing was on the wall. A team in the play-offs should have made mince meat of what was left of our side but you didn't. Beware when you come to Scunny! We can't get much weaker as a team. Injuries happen and its part of the sport. Scunny unlucky - last time in the play-offs we struggled with injuries BUT we won the league. Its not over yet!!! GO SCORPS!

Don't think I've seen Richie ride like that since he guested for us last season, great to see. Just hope Scunny are better tonight, if they can get all 3 point, then I fancy our chances.

Was surprised how mild it stayed last night for a fairly decent crowd, just hope the weather holds for a few more weeks. Someone mentioned earlier you're bound to get a big crowd for a cup final, usually I'd agree, but we got a shocker on that freezing cold Saturday night when Newcastle rode against us in the first leg 2 years ago. I think it snowed in the afternoon, the track was covered in sawdust, and from memory there was barely 400 there, it was a foul night!!

Not the best meeting I've seen this season, but what a fantastic heat 14! Worth the admission alone that heat, awesome riding from Heeps.

Edit: Not sure what has happened here, but you may need a magnifying glass to read this :lol:

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 1