British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Ipswich Vs Scunthorpe ( P L Play-offs) - Thursday, September 25th

No it wasn't.

The cheering I heard was directly after Nicolai fell off. I overheard one guy say: "Serves him right."

And then there was booing when Nicolai got to his feet. :o

I think the Ippo fans - well a section of them in any case - are the worst in British Speedway.

That's a well over the top reaction - there are a few fans at every track who react negatively. I know it's not good to boo a rider who's fallen off, but you can see the frustration after Klindt was "rolling" (it's not as if he hasn't got a reputation).

Anyway, I'm sure there are one or two Scunthorpe fans who blight the sports good name - they might even get a chance tonight when a Rabble does something they don't like - especially if the Scorps are losing.

With fondest regards,

Dave

No it wasn't.

The cheering I heard was directly after Nicolai fell off. I overheard one guy say: "Serves him right."

And then there was booing when Nicolai got to his feet. :o

I think the Ippo fans - well a section of them in any case - are the worst in British Speedway.

All the best

Rob

I have no idea if they are the worst. However, the majority don't seem to be fully included in a meeting. What I mean by this is that there is no attempt to engage fans who are in the first and second bends and many sitting in the stands along the back straight who do so because the viewing is so good. But, the PA system is poor so no-one can hear the interviews with Kevin and he makes no attempt to venture away from the home straight area. A few seasons ago this was addressed, partially, by locating the rider presentations at these different parts of the circuit. At least, it had the feeling that more fans felt included in the proceedings. Perhaps the start should be relocated to the existing back straight. It might prevent riders continually walking out from the pits to build their next start!

Edited by tocha

I have no idea if they are the worst. However, the majority don't seem to be fully included in a meeting. What I mean by this is that there is no attempt to engage fans who are in the first and second bends and many sitting in the stands along the back straight who do so because the viewing is so good. But, the PA system is poor so no-one can hear the interviews with Kevin and he makes no attempt to venture away from the home straight area. A few seasons ago this was addressed, partially, by locating the rider presentations at these different parts of the circuit. At least, it had the feeling that more fans felt included in the proceedings. Perhaps the start should be relocated to the existing back straight. It might prevent riders continually walking out from the pits to build their next start!

I know that the presentations on the back straight and the crown of the first/second bend were abandoned because there was no reaction from the crowds.

Personally, I think lining up riders like that is incredibly outmoded, and at a wide open arena such as Foxhall is even less useful.

The PA is definitely patchy, but it also suffers from a lot of the sound being lost in the wide open spaces.

Poor old "All the best Rob" must have found the worst possible place to stand, what a shame ;)

Local rag report of the meeting via this link: http://www.lovespeedway24.co.uk/teams/ipswich-witches

Edited by Had Enough Too
  • Like 1

That's a well over the top reaction - there are a few fans at every track who react negatively. I know it's not good to boo a rider who's fallen off, but you can see the frustration after Klindt was "rolling" (it's not as if he hasn't got a reputation).

So you're defending cheering when a rider suffers a huge and alarming crash - and even worse, booing when he gets to his feet - simply because he moved at the start a bit. And yet you've got Rohan Tungate in your team, a guy who never stays still at the tapes. Pot, kettle and black. :wink:

With fondest regards,

Dave

Cheers Mr Love - it means a lot. ;)

All the very best

Rob

So you're defending cheering when a rider suffers a huge and alarming crash - and even worse, booing when he gets to his feet - simply because he moved at the start a bit. And yet you've got Rohan Tungate in your team, a guy who never stays still at the tapes. Pot, kettle and black. :wink:

All the very best

Rob

No I'm not defending them - I said that I know it's not a good thing to do. But, I also undertsand that frustration that people feel, and that we all react differently.

If you're genuinely unhappy, complain to Chris Louis - there's absolutely no point moaning on here.

I don't like it and I said so, but it does happen at every track, and it will happen at Scunthorpe when one of our riders goes down. I guess it's now part of the sport.

• Like 2

No I'm not defending them - I said that I know it's not a good thing to do. But, I also undertsand that frustration that people feel, and that we all react differently.

If you're genuinely unhappy, complain to Chris Louis - there's absolutely no point moaning on here.

I'm not unhappy about it - it just deserved comment on it. That's kind-of what a forum is for. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Anyway, I'm sure there are one or two Scunthorpe fans who blight the sports good name - they might even get a chance tonight when a Rabble does something they don't like - especially if the Scorps are losing.

With fondest regards,

Dave True including the EWR amazingly

I know that the presentations on the back straight and the crown of the first/second bend were abandoned because there was no reaction from the crowds.

Personally, I think lining up riders like that is incredibly outmoded, and at a wide open arena such as Foxhall is even less useful.

The PA is definitely patchy, but it also suffers from a lot of the sound being lost in the wide open spaces.

Poor old "All the best Rob" must have found the worst possible place to stand, what a shame ;) no it wasn't he could have been standing next to me

Local rag report of the meeting via this link: http://www.lovespeedway24.co.uk/teams/ipswich-witches

All the very best

Rob

You will do very well to find no rollers, no lets stay down for a rerun brigade , bad fans ,promoters ,announcers ........sadly they are evident everywhere but the saving graces is most fans are genuine despite being loyal to their team.

Come on you two return to your lovey dovey ways and kiss and make up.

With Due Regard to both of you.........................did he ride for Eastbourne?

• Like 1

You will do very well to find no rollers, no lets stay down for a rerun brigade , bad fans ,promoters ,announcers ........sadly they are evident everywhere but the saving graces is most fans are genuine despite being loyal to their team.

Come on you two return to your lovey dovey ways and kiss and make up.

With Due Regard to both of you.........................did he ride for Eastbourne?

It was just a post-meeting forum discussion, nothing more. It's ages since I bumped into Mr Love (used to a fair amount when Oxford fans used to stand on the back straight).

As for Klindt, I don't think he has ridden for Eastbourne (maybe as a guest at some point). His British clubs (may have missed one or two) have been Wolves, King's Lynn, Peterborough, Scunny, Swindon and Leicester.

All the best

Rob

I'm not unhappy about it - it just deserved comment on it. That's kind-of what a forum is for. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Fair enough, but calling Ipswich fans the worst in the league suggests a degree of unhappiness. And adding a signature to such a comment is a tad condescending.

If you are happy to acknowledge this is a forum, why go against all recognised convention and continue to sign your messages?

To try to be fair to both Klundt and Tungate (who does seem to tempt the tapes), it's clear that the ref didn't help at all. Chris Gay is not the most popular, which is definitely saying something!

To try to be fair to both Klundt and Tungate (who does seem to tempt the tapes), it's clear that the ref didn't help at all. Chris Gay is not the most popular, which is definitely saying something!

Aha, now that's something we can agree on. ;) Yup the ref didn't get control of the starts at all last Thursday. Several races had ragged starts.

All the best

Rob

(still trying to work out how signing a message is condescending, when it's actually general politeness - oh well, takes all sorts...)

With the large stands at Foxhall would it be possible to move the start line to the back straight? Eg like Vargarna in Sweden did. Just an idea. .....

You would have to move the refs box as well to the back straight, but I thought they were rebuilding the home straight stand anyway so the start line wouldn't need to be moved.

Sorry to go off topic here but this is the first page that I have been able to access. Could one of the Mods please sort out the Forum, on the majority of pages I only get a "DRIVER ERROR" message. Thanks.

• Like 1

(still trying to work out how signing a message is condescending, when it's actually general politeness - oh well, takes all sorts...)

Calling Ipswich fans the worst in the league, and then saying "All the best" is somewhat condescending. One signature does not fit all (and any signature is actually uneccessary in this type of forum).