British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Vs Somerset ( P L Play-offs) - Friday, September 26th (7.30pm)

A great home win,really gutsy of Birks to ride( i enjoyed watching him at Swindon) he did a great job tonight.Skidmore 3 points for Douglas was disappointing Auty god he is frustrating at times mainly because he is a proper racer and a poor gater but at his best he can beat anybody in the PL.A good home win all is not lost, maybe Douglas could be back?i recon a easy home win against the witches but if we are honest if young Kurtz was fit they would take some stopping i believe.

Edited by sidney

Well done to Scunny for pulling off the win.

The Rebels in the driving seat for qualification but at least theWitches know whats required now.

• Like 1

Somerset should have won that. Nick really needs to control his emotions, and do what he does best. Ride a Speedway bike !!

• Like 3

Scunny will be thrashed at the OTA. A good battling win for them tonight but their season ends next Wednesday.

Scunny will be thrashed at the OTA. A good battling win for them tonight but their season ends next Wednesday.

A full side not thrashed, a makeshift one maybe.

Absolutely appalling the way the GB manager heckled Thomas Jørgensen and his mechanic on the way back through the pits after the completed ride once his surrogate son had finished throwing his dummy around. Man's a disgrace. Passion is one thing and banter is all part of the sport, but having a go trying to wind up the rider is wrong, virging on bullying

• Like 2

Absolutely appalling the way the GB manager heckled Thomas Jørgensen and his mechanic on the way back through the pits after the completed ride once his surrogate son had finished throwing his dummy around. Man's a disgrace. Passion is one thing and banter is all part of the sport, but having a go trying to wind up the rider is wrong, virging on bullying

Its hardly unheard of although Rossiter, as GB team manager, should know better.

Personally, I thought the referee called both decisions (Morris/Auty, Morris/Jorgensen) correctly although his decision to exclude Morris for tape touching was a bizarre one. Even the spectacularly biased if very :P Mr Godfrey didn't see it.

• Like 2

A competative meeting but not the best seen at the EWR. Our regular team riders gave it their all, by god the scoreline would have been different with Ryan and Klindt in, I think it could have been a convincing win. Dam the injuries, had to come when we needed a full team, but thats speedway! A massive well done to Ash, must admit my heart was in my mouth watching him race! hope his hand is OK. For the Rebels Allen and Morris didn't perform as I expected, Morris seemed hell bent on forcing riders into the bend. Anyway thats that one over. Good luck SCORPIONS for the return visit on Wed.

With Kurtz fit i believe the Rebels would retain their title, they have some bad luck with injuries come the play offs as the injury to Jason Doyle no doubt cost them too.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 1

Should of been a win for the Rebels.... Morris exclusion totally wrong... there was still room on the outside of him on the first corner. Then you look at the pairs where Morris was on the outside with less room and he was excluded again.!!!!!

Its time the referees got together to get consistent decisions so the riders know where they stand on what they can and cant do!!!!!!!!!!

.... Also there were plenty of fans standing near the start gates that that said Morris didnt touch the tapes.

Decisions weren't all the one way, though.

How about Nick Morris getting away with Josh Auty's fall in Heat 9. Ref's decisions balanced themselves out and best team on the night won.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

I think Morris was correctly excluded imo, there is definite dirt line that develops at that late stage of the meeting, morris new he had to be on it or Jorgensen was going round him. Morris was never far enough in front of him and kept taking his front wheel.

I didn't see Morris touch the tapes though. Have to say I was very impressed with Paul Starke, he had plenty of speed.

• Like 2

With Kurtz fit i believe the Rebels would retain their title, they have some bad luck with injuries come the play offs as the injury to Jason Doyle no doubt cost them too.

Somerset didnt miss Brady in this one. 9+1 from r/r is at least as good as his return would likely to have been. (7 from 5 in the league visit)
  • Like 1