British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

Sacking Riders After The Team Changes Deadline?

Only speedway fans...

Complain about riders taking the piss, picking and choosing meetings and clubs let them get away with it.

Clubs take a stand... complain again its not right.

I've got a feeling the ones complaining about the sacking have an ulterior motive.

And your posts about the play offs are positive are they ...pot, kettle, black . you been crying like a 2 year old for the last 2 weeks about them

The facts as they stand is that .Mads was sacked as he choose to ride all over Europe rather than for the lions 'Are you saying that he never has mads Said that's not the case If other riders do the same and there clubs turn a blind eye then that's there look out that does not make Lions wrong or Mads right does it ?

Nah, you got me wrong, I'm probably the most positive man you've ever meet. I always try to give the benefit of doubt, but speak as I find. To you, everything is black and white. As for the Mads thing, My argument was, the timing made it a rubbish decision, that nobody benefitted from it. Not Leicester, The promoter, The fans, least of all The sport. With only one match to go this could have been sorted in house once the season had finished, where both parties could have come to an agreement, Mouthing off over the mic and rubbish written over the media, is not the way to project an professional image.

As for the pot kettle black, and crying for 2 weeks about the POKC, again you are so wrong. I have an opinion that differs from you. But from the stuff you have written, I am well pleased about that. In my world there are usually two sides to an argument, not necessary right and wrong, just different, people see issues from other directions and put priority another way, Fine. No problems with that either.

As been said, the league rules say the season will conclude with a play-off to find the League Champions. Just because it says so in the Rules it doesn't make it right. You are putting forward an arguments trying to justify it, but quite obviously are not looking at it from both sides, purely because you like those PO's

I have tried to be logical and see what advantage/ disadvantages in both sides, and believe going with the POKC is a backward step and all it does is devalue the bread of league racing. Any system that will allows a team, some 15 pts adrift, to be in with a chance of being Elite League Champions has to be questioned. Surely this can't be right.......

Nah, you got me wrong, I'm probably the most positive man you've ever meet. I always try to give the benefit of doubt, but speak as I find. To you, everything is black and white. As for the Mads thing, My argument was, the timing made it a rubbish decision, that nobody benefitted from it. Not Leicester, The promoter, The fans, least of all The sport. With only one match to go this could have been sorted in house once the season had finished, where both parties could have come to an agreement, Mouthing off over the mic and rubbish written over the media, is not the way to project an professional image.

As for the pot kettle black, and crying for 2 weeks about the POKC, again you are so wrong. I have an opinion that differs from you. But from the stuff you have written, I am well pleased about that. In my world there are usually two sides to an argument, not necessary right and wrong, just different, people see issues from other directions and put priority another way, Fine. No problems with that either.

As been said, the league rules say the season will conclude with a play-off to find the League Champions. Just because it says so in the Rules it doesn't make it right. You are putting forward an arguments trying to justify it, but quite obviously are not looking at it from both sides, purely because you like those PO's

I have tried to be logical and see what advantage/ disadvantages in both sides, and believe going with the POKC is a backward step and all it does is devalue the bread of league racing. Any system that will allows a team, some 15 pts adrift, to be in with a chance of being Elite League Champions has to be questioned. Surely this can't be right.......

I see I argue for the play offs because I like them ..Don't tell me you argue against them because you don't like them :shock: Dr Watson awaits you Sherlock .

Any system that keeps the season alive and keeps clubs afloat is right . As said intill you factor in the money side of the sport then you will never understand why we have to have play offs . Your views are always based on what suits kings lynn ...No doubt your backing of Mads is because he is KL rider rather that any think based on fact .

I see I argue for the play offs because I like them ..Don't tell me you argue against them because you don't like them :shock: Dr Watson awaits you Sherlock .

Any system that keeps the season alive and keeps clubs afloat is right . As said intill you factor in the money side of the sport then you will never understand why we have to have play offs . Your views are always based on what suits kings lynn ...No doubt your backing of Mads is because he is KL rider rather that any think based on fact .

Your perception of me backing Mads is totally wrong. I don't disagree with the sacking of any rider, but not with only one match to play. That in itself is ridiculous.

Of cause I like support the Stars, but not blindingly to the extent of everything else. To me the sport of British Speedway far outweighs that of the support of our local team and any idea and views I have, are based that way..

However, nobody seems to remember Wolves getting a facility against Eastbourne for Pawlicki, who was sacked after the 28/8 deadline. The same scenario but different outcome!

I think your implication that GRW is a Mads fan is hilarious! NOBODY complained more about Mads when he was a Stars rider than GRW!!

However, nobody seems to remember Wolves getting a facility against Eastbourne for Pawlicki, who was sacked after the 28/8 deadline. The same scenario but different outcome!

Piotr was banned though, hence a facility was granted.

Mads was just sacked, hence no facility.

• Like 1

I think your implication that GRW is a Mads fan is hilarious! NOBODY complained more about Mads when he was a Stars rider than GRW!!

Piotr was banned though, hence a facility was granted.

Mads was just sacked, hence no facility.

Why were Leicester not granted the same facility, they must have asked for a 28 day ban so that they could have a facility. Plus the fact that no changes are allowed after the cut off date, so the only option should have been a 6 point PL rider in both cases. The usual BSPA action, the same situation, 2 different outcomes! Edited by DunRobin

Why were Leicester not granted the same facility, they must have asked for a 28 day ban so that they could have a facility. Plus the fact that no changes are allowed after the cut off date, so the only option should have been a 6 point PL rider in both cases. The usual BSPA action, the same situation, 2 different outcomes!

Mads rode for them again afterwards.

But in all seriousness, Mads is not that kind of rider. I've had the pleasure of watching teams with him in for a few seasons now and he is not the sort of guy who goes missing meetings at the drop of a hat. That's not Mads.

But surely the whole point is that he DID miss meetings for the Lions, so therefore he IS that kind of rider.

All the best

Rob

No it's not. Pawlicki refused to ride so Wolves declared him as withholding his services. Mads didn't refuse to ride - he was sacked for having a dr note for a meeting at BV.

No it's not. Pawlicki refused to ride so Wolves declared him as withholding his services. Mads didn't refuse to ride - he was sacked for having a dr note for a meeting at BV.

But if he had a sick note, why did Lions have to use a PL guest at BV. In his statement, Norrie Allen said Mads " dropped out of our fixture at BV, meaning i had to cover his absence with a PL guest." Surely if he had a sick note Lions could have used an elite league guest, which suggests no note was produced.

But if he had a sick note, why did Lions have to use a PL guest at BV. In his statement, Norrie Allen said Mads " dropped out of our fixture at BV, meaning i had to cover his absence with a PL guest." Surely if he had a sick note Lions could have used an elite league guest, which suggests no note was produced.

You didn't use a PL guest though. He's talking crap. You used Rohan Tungate. If he was withholding his services then Leciester should have said so then, not weeks later after he had ridden for you a few times since.

He only rode in 1 meeting after he failed to turn up at Belle Vue. I think it was the fact that simular to the rides he had in his last few meeting scoring again a mere 3 point and that you could plainly see that he couldn't be bothered if he was there or not, was the straw that broke the camels back.

To be quite honest I didn't understand why they gave he him the captains place in the first place, he started the season well then trailed off after part way through the season, to an extent that it was embarasing watch him race.

Sorry I don't think he will be missed at the Lions next season.

All I do hope is that they manage to bring in a team of good dedicated riders, not as this season when a couple came over then did a bunk when the seasons stated abroad. Like a lot of teams we where being used by these riders as a short stop over to earn a bob or 2. Brithish speedway would be far better off without these riders. There are plenty of decent riders around who would race here and put some dedication into the club for the whole year not just a few weeks or to come over and ride as If it didn't matter.

We need rule changes to stop this happening year in year out.

Good luck for British Speedway for 2015, they badly need it.

He only rode in 1 meeting after he failed to turn up at Belle Vue. I think it was the fact that simular to the rides he had in his last few meeting scoring again a mere 3 point and that you could plainly see that he couldn't be bothered if he was there or not, was the straw that broke the camels back.

To be quite honest I didn't understand why they gave he him the captains place in the first place, he started the season well then trailed off after part way through the season, to an extent that it was embarasing watch him race.

Sorry I don't think he will be missed at the Lions next season.

All I do hope is that they manage to bring in a team of good dedicated riders, not as this season when a couple came over then did a bunk when the seasons stated abroad. Like a lot of teams we where being used by these riders as a short stop over to earn a bob or 2. Brithish speedway would be far better off without these riders. There are plenty of decent riders around who would race here and put some dedication into the club for the whole year not just a few weeks or to come over and ride as If it didn't matter.

We need rule changes to stop this happening year in year out.

Good luck for British Speedway for 2015, they badly need it.

Can you name half a dozen "decent riders around who would race here and put some dedication into the club for a whole year " ??

There are riders that would love to race over here but I am afraid that the Polish and Swedish clubs are making it almost impossible for them to come over here to race. I know it would be a watering down of the EL but maybe it is now time to call the leagues as they stand to come to a well deserved end. There are lots of young British riders out there that would love the chance to be able to ride in a decent British League, plus young overseas riders that come over here to race and are dedicated to thier clubs over here.

I would rather go to watch a meeting where I knew that the riders would be the same every week, without seeing all the guests and RR we get now. I don't think the sport would lose out it would only get better after a couple of years.

If we had to do without the top GP riders over here, then so be it.

In the end it may just be the answer to the complete lack of up and coming British Riders. Yes we have a few but you can count then on both hands, some of those are well past thier prime and should have been moved up a long time ago, but none of the top clubs will give them a full team place.

It will be interesting to see what happens next season with the riders that are in the FTR scheme. The ones that are far above the standard of the other riders, what will happen to them, will they get to ride in the EL if it is still going, or is it back to NL or PL riding for them, are the promoter going to risk giving them a go, even when they have proved this year that they vcan do it.

I say lets have racing over here that we can enjoy going to watch, with closer racing, instead of one or two riders blazing off into the sunset not to be seen again until the end of lap 4.