British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Bridger was involved in the best race I've ever seen at Leicester and I've been to every home meeting since we reopened.

He scored 13 points and in heat 10 Leicester with Doyle and Stead gating for a 5-1 were both hunted down over all 4 laps.....hands down the best race I've seen at Beaumont Park.

If he can show that form I'll be well pleased.

Bridger was involved in the best race I've ever seen at Leicester and I've been to every home meeting since we reopened.

He scored 13 points and in heat 10 Leicester with Doyle and Stead gating for a 5-1 were both hunted down over all 4 laps.....hands down the best race I've seen at Beaumont Park.

If he can show that form I'll be well pleased.

Agree, he was the best rider on show that night, wasn't fazed by track rumour that you cannot pass, he was very fast and made calculated moves and worked out lines very quickly, and that was a very, very good race.

I really think this will be Lewis Bridgers final fling , if riders who are relatively stable are leaving the club and the reputation of the manager and promoter are as bad as Leicesters , what chance has a loose cannon got of making a go of it there , it's rather like giving an alcoholic a job in a pub . if we are to see the potential that many speak of realised , Bridger needs nurturing and guiding , Leicester is certainly not somewhere he will be getting that , so however long he lasts , I would consider that to be his Swansong ..

Leicester might just be the sort of place where Lewis does succeed. Having seen a lot of him at Lakeside he has undoubtedly improved as an rider over the last couple of years but he is not a team man . In some clubs that would count against him but with all the problems at Leicester Lewis is the type to ignore everything else and just get on with things.

The downside is that in his last season at Lakeside he had got himself two very good bikes but thesevhave of course now been sold off and he is starting from scratch. If he is riding Ollie Allens bike that is unlikely to be anywhere near as good as the ones he sold.

Leicester might just be the sort of place where Lewis does succeed. Having seen a lot of him at Lakeside he has undoubtedly improved as an rider over the last couple of years but he is not a team man . In some clubs that would count against him but with all the problems at Leicester Lewis is the type to ignore everything else and just get on with things.

The downside is that in his last season at Lakeside he had got himself two very good bikes but thesevhave of course now been sold off and he is starting from scratch. If he is riding Ollie Allens bike that is unlikely to be anywhere near as good as the ones he sold, and that may well be the problem..

What we need to remember also is that Bridger still has potential and nowhere near over the hill.

The lads still only 25

That's younger than some of the fast track rider's, but he is on last chance or he'll just become another Kennett, King, Allen type rider.

I'd like to see him knuckle down and quit showboating

Edited by screamer
  • Like 2

Double post

Edited by screamer

Leicester sign Sam Masters.

On his average a brilliant signing but unless they use the spare point what a waste.

Personally I am not sure about Masters and Bridger signings it will only work if Lewis shows his 2014 2nd heat leader form so much pressure on him now. I think Masters for Mikkel is good move we shall have to see how it works out.

Could have done better with the extra point in hand, DH is still acting if this is a PL club not in the EL, he may have put in some decent rides at but but he also had some howlers. Would have loved to have seen one of the Laguta's over here riding for the Lions. What has happened with the. "We will not be signing any more double up riders at BP again" didn't even last the season out that one.

Think it will be very hard work to claw their way off the bottom of the league. If this year is another failure, will DH be thinking of dropping back down to the PL, or will he have another go at the EL, with 7 decent riders Not the sort we have seen that just use the club for a few weeks until things start at their home tracks and riders who are only fit to ride in far lower leagues.

But riders who are true EL riders, We have 3 maybe 4 very good or decent riders the others are very questionable, to ride in this level of speedway.

I think DH needs to sit down around the end of August and start to put a list of names together, with Jason Doyle at the rop of the list, if they can get him to come back again, again he has been let down with the riders that where brought here to help make life at BP a pleasure not a big struggle. From the way he is riding at the moment he dosen't seem to have his full heart in the task.

You can't really blame him.

I thought Aussies couldn't double up / down ?

• Like 2