British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Really, is what he said that bad? It's a bit cruel but its only words on an internet forum. Never understood why people get so upset when people say they wish another club would close down - unless mrcts is someone with any kind of power then his comment mean nothing in respect to closing clubs down!

Now come on, you should know full well that it's only a short walk from making half-childish comments about speedway stadia, to committing acts of mass terror or even genocide.

In fact I'm sure that mrcts is on worldwide terror suspect lists already. ;)

• Like 2

I do not support Coventry, but Leicester, it was a sad day when they closed down Long Eaton, whom I followed from the late 50's, it is a sad day indeed when any club goes under. I alway went to Weymouth when I was on Holiday down there went for quite a few years there, they keep saying they are still looking for land for a new stadium, but I think they have left it far to long now. There is no way we should wish any clubs to fold. Scunthorpe are in a very poor way at the moment just hope thay can manage to pull through.

Weymouth was such a shame , tucked away in the corner of the football club carpark , wasn't hurting anybody . your'e right about it never opening again, and neither will Cradley Heath , or anywhere else because ,although councils make positive noises . just in case any of their voters might be speedway fans , theres always some nimby who will stop any new development , once brandon is gone thats the end of Coventry speedway , and one less local derby , and another thousand supporters lost to the sport , It doesn't take the brain of britain to work out that we all need each other for speedway to survive , but that wont stop the odd halfwit trying to score points

Weymouth was such a shame , tucked away in the corner of the football club carpark , wasn't hurting anybody . your'e right about it never opening again, and neither will Cradley Heath , or anywhere else because ,although councils make positive noises . just in case any of their voters might be speedway fans , theres always some nimby who will stop any new development , once brandon is gone thats the end of Coventry speedway , and one less local derby , and another thousand supporters lost to the sport , It doesn't take the brain of britain to work out that we all need each other for speedway to survive , but that wont stop the odd halfwit trying to score points

No need to be so negative..it may have took a long while but eventually the Lions returned to the speedway fold and with the help of the local authority. When the Coventry situation first came to light last year I did advise all concerned, not to get stuck in protest but accept the fate of Brandon and spend all your energies finding an alternative venue. Tough task but not an impossible one.

Edited by 1 valve

Ha Ha.....what a laugh.

Same old morons rising to the bait.

Hook,line and sinker!

By the way Speedieberk I've been watching speedway from the mid seventies onward and have always despised Coventry and the dunderheaded asswipes that live there.

Ha Ha.....what a laugh.

Hook,line and sinker!

By the way Speedieberk I've been watching speedway from the mid seventies onward and have always despised Coventry and the dunderheaded asswipes that live there.

Ha Ha.....what a laugh.

Hook,line and sinker!

Thanks for that , keep digging the hole though ..

• Like 3

Ha Ha.....what a laugh.

Hook,line and sinker!

You really come across as an unpleasant person - I wish to make it clear that not all Leicester supporters are not as odious as you.

I would suggest you try apologising, but I don't hold out much hope.

• Like 4

Ha Ha.....what a laugh.

Hook,line and sinker!

I couldn't be further from being a Coventry fan - but your recent posts are just plain insulting.

• Like 3

You really come across as an unpleasant person - I wish to make it clear that not all Leicester supporters are not as odious as you.

I would suggest you try apologising, but I don't hold out much hope.

And you are?

I couldn't be further from being a Coventry fan - but your recent posts are just plain insulting.

You want to get out more.

I wasn't born when he rode for Leicester, I am told tho it wasn't long after that meeting that he had his big accident which I believe resulted in him dropping down to the national league I think it was back then, still a bit before my time tho.

He's doing well at the moment more into his Superbikes these days than Speedway but i'm tempting him to going to a grand prix hopefully this year

Your father was one of my boyhood hero's, And I remember your mum standing with you on the centre green at Exeter, He was an Exeter legend, glad to hear he is doing well, he had a great style round the county ground

Ha Ha.....what a laugh.

Hook,line and sinker!

And to think I just defended you. Yikes!

And to think I just defended you. Yikes!

We've been called worse to be fair :D

Ha Ha.....what a laugh.

Hook,line and sinker!

Meanwhile back in the real world shown up for the type of supporter you are. I couldn't be any more delighted.

• Like 2

Hook,line and sinker! and the dunderheaded asswipes that live there.

Really, did you dig the dictionary out for that one.

Meanwhile back in the real world shown up for the type of supporter you are. I couldn't be any more delighted.

??????????.Confused!

Why are you talking in riddles?

Edited by mrcts

??????????.Confused!

Why are you talking in riddles?

I apologise if you can't read plain English.
  • Like 2