British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

the biggest stumbling block to me appears to be is who will provide the financial clout should there be cash flow issues?

who will guarantee wages and other payments if Panthers suffer a series of rain offs for example?

Someone should also guarantee with hard cash that the club won't fold mid season - To his credit at least Horton didn't pull out mid season - at least he stayed until the end of the season..

Also I wonder If Ready Power will be a major sponsor of the team? Rick and Julie are big Panthers fans and they run successful businesses so It would make sense that they sponsor the team and protect their initial investment and the value of their Assets...

the biggest stumbling block to me appears to be is who will provide the financial clout should there be cash flow issues?

who will guarantee wages and other payments if Panthers suffer a series of rain offs for example?

Someone should also guarantee with hard cash that the club won't fold mid season - To his credit at least Horton didn't pull out mid season - at least he stayed until the end of the season..

Also I wonder If Ready Power will be a major sponsor of the team? Rick and Julie are big Panthers fans and they run successful businesses so It would make sense that they sponsor the team and protect their initial investment and the value of their Assets...

Readypower are in no position to be a sponsor, Rick and Julie have taken on another company, and have that and Readypower to look after.

So are we doing the direct debit thing, say 20 quid a month to keep with the ongoing costs?

Edited by Panthers89

Having been a Season Ticket Holder for many years at those prices I will be giving them a miss this year.

It's too early to make a decision on these as we don't know what's included or how many matches, until the AGM is concluded that won't be finalised.

• Like 1

Readypower are in no position to be a sponsor, Rick and Julie have taken on another company, and have that and Readypower to look after.

So are we doing the direct debit thing, say 20 quid a month to keep with the ongoing costs?

What effort does being a sponsor need? It's a financial issue, not a time one, In fact it could be delegated to someone in the marketing department? The company makes a lot of money (not my words) and this wouldn't scratch the surface so I don't quite understand what the problem is to be in no position?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

The sponsorship prices quoted above are for a full season aparantly. According to an email I got back asking the same thing.

At which point, they dont sound toooo bad.

• Like 1

It's too early to make a decision on these as we don't know what's included or how many matches, until the AGM is concluded that won't be finalised.

Season tickets include programme & parking.

Concession price is 200 pounds.

So 15 matches puts you ahead for concessions but 17 for full payers.

All assuming the prices stay at 15 and 10.

Kids tickets are 75 pounds - don't know the age limit.

Bit of chicken & egg situation here.

Without our commitment they won't be at the AGM.

But some will not commit till they know what's from the AGM.

What effort does being a sponsor need? It's a financial issue, not a time one, In fact it could be delegated to someone in the marketing department? The company makes a lot of money (not my words) and this wouldn't scratch the surface so I don't quite understand what the problem is to be in no position?

Well said - couldn't agree more Trevor! :t:

OMG we agree on something!! :D

Kenneth Bjerre was sponsored for this season by readypower, the previous Peterbrough team sponsorship was I seem to recall a good tax offset deal for their main company , maybe they cannot sponsor the team further with there ownership of the company that is directly connected with the team

I do not see that this should be an issue, they can sponsor but not be involved. Perhaps they will if they are that interested

• Like 1

Well said - couldn't agree more Trevor! :t:

OMG we agree on something!! :D

It's looking a bit like Del & Boycie's poker game or Fletcher and Blanco playing Monopoly!

Anyway better go for lunch and fresh air bearing in mind our agreement :D

Edited by Crump99

From official site:
SURVIVAL UPDATE - Tuesday November 04, 2014
The men bidding to keep Peterborough on track say they are ‘overwhelmed’ by the response to their survival package.

Long-serving club official Trevor Swales and Ged Rathbone, who joined the management team during this year, have teamed up in a bid to ensure Panthers race on in 2015.

They staged a hugely successful fans’ forum at the East of England Showground last Friday night at which they revealed the need to raise £40,000 to cover set-up and operational costs . . . and they are already more than halfway to hitting that target.

An anonymous pledge of £10,000 was made during the event while subsequent donations have seen the total doubled.

Swales said: “I must apologise for not providing an update sooner, but I’m sure everyone can appreciate that we have been mega-busy since the event on Friday.

“I cannot thank the fans enough for such a good turnout and they were nothing but positive about our plans.

“The amount of financial backing we have already received has astounded us. It clearly shows how much passion there is for speedway in Peterborough.

“We are now just over halfway towards raising the amount of money we feel is required to make the club a viable proposition.

“There are still some hurdles to be overcome and we clearly still have a lot of hard work to do, but I am optimistic that we will be in a position to go to the British Speedway Promoters’ Association annual meeting at the end of next week with the intention of racing on.

“We will provide further updates whenever possible. I would urge everyone to check this website and local media outlets on a regular basis.”

Swales and Rathbone told those gathered in the Peterborough Suite that they will return to the traditional Friday race-night for home meetings if successful in their bid to keep the club going.

Panthers will again race in the Premier League if they receive the green light for 2015 and Swales confirmed he is in daily contact with co-owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney.

He and Rathbone are determined to increase commercial revenues and are already searching for major team backers.

They are also putting together a number of other sponsorship packages which will appear on this website soon.

An email account has been created to allow anyone interested in making a donation to get in touch. It is – pantherspledge2015@gmail.com

........ Also I wonder If Ready Power will be a major sponsor of the team? Rick and Julie are big Panthers fans and they run successful businesses so It would make sense that they sponsor the team and protect their initial investment and the value of their Assets...

Somebody will correct me if my memory is playing tricks, but I'm sure somebody asked about this at the meeting. And the answer from TS was a clear and definite 'no'.

To be honest, TS did seem to be talking in riddles at some stages. He told us that neither RF/JM nor ReadyPower will be involved in any way next season. We also heard that RF/JM are "the owners", i.e. of everything connected with Panthers, from the airbags to the stuff in the ref's box. Somebody asked a question from the floor about that, meaning is the plan to take it all over from RF/JM? If so, how and how much will it cost, etc. The reply from TS was a vague and rather dismissive waffle about "everything is in place to run next season...".

Somebody has commented in another thread that TS has a tendency to play the "I know something you don't know" game, also that he operates on the basis that fans don't need to know any more than what's absolutely necessary. In hindsight it rings little bells and it makes me feel slightly uneasy.

One 'big' question is why the f*ck don't they just phone Bratters and ask him to get involved, i.e. to help?

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

Somebody will correct me if my memory is playing tricks, but I'm sure somebody asked about this at the meeting. And the answer from TS was a clear and definite 'no'.

To be honest, TS did seem to be talking in riddles at some stages. He told us that neither RF/JM nor ReadyPower will be involved in any way next season. We also heard that RF/JM are "the owners", i.e. of everything connected with Panthers, from the airbags to the stuff in the ref's box. Somebody asked a question from the floor about that, meaning is the plan to take it all over from RF/JM? If so, how and how much will it cost, etc. The reply from TS was a vague and rather dismissive waffle about "everything is in place to run next season...".

Somebody has commented in another thread that TS has a tendency to play the "I know something you don't know" game, also that he operates on the basis that fans don't need to know any more than what's absolutely necessary. In hindsight it rings little bells and it makes me feel slightly uneasy.

One 'big' question is why the f*ck don't they just phone Bratters and ask him to get involved, i.e. to help?

I suspect that Panthers "Supremos" are and have been over the years riddled with "Personality Clashes"

• Like 2

Your minds not playing tricks I asked the question and as you say Trevor gave a very clear no which was one of his clearer answers because some of them were as you say very vague.

He didn't need to phone Bratters as he was at the meeting standing at the back, Trevor never spoke to him all evening.

Your minds not playing tricks I asked the question and as you say Trevor gave a very clear no which was one of his clearer answers because some of them were as you say very vague.

He didn't need to phone Bratters as he was at the meeting standing at the back, Trevor never spoke to him all evening.

Refer to my earlier post re "Personality " clashes. Yes that is a euphemism.

From what I gather the same could be said re Phil Wing