British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

I may have missed it. How much cash are the people proposing to run the Panthers in 2015 putting in?

I may have missed it. How much cash are the people proposing to run the Panthers in 2015 putting in?

maybe they (GED) donated the secret £10K

Wouldn't surprise me at all.... ;)

PANTHERS NEED 'ONE LAST PUSH'

GED Rathbone has called for ‘one last push’ as Peterborough bid to hit their survival target.

Rathbone has teamed up with long-serving club official Trevor Swales in an attempt to keep Panthers alive in 2015 and beyond.

He reports they have now raised around three-quarters of the £40,000 required to bring the club to the tapes next season.

And, with the British Speedway Promoters’ Association (BSPA) annual meeting taking place between Friday and Sunday, Rathbone hopes there is still time to hit the all-important figure.

The club will be represented at the AGM in Kenilworth. They want to either be in a position to declare they can race on or seek an extended period of time in which to do so.

Rathbone said: “The response so far has been terrific. It has told myself and Trevor that speedway is definitely still wanted in Peterborough.

“But we are not there yet and one last push ahead of the AGM could make all the difference. We have to stress that we cannot consider racing on in 2015 unless we have the right amount of money in place.

“We will not fall into the trap of letting our hearts rule our heads because we have to make sure it can work both next year and beyond.”

Rathbone reports excellent take-up of sponsorship deals which were announced last week.

He also revealed there is plenty of interest in season tickets. Prices will be announced if the club is in a position to continue racing.

Rathbone says a number of riders have made contact to ask to be considered for a team berth if Panthers come to the tapes next year.

Anyone keen to donate to the Panthers survival fund or take up sponsorship opportunities should email pantherspledge2015@gmail.com

Sponsorship packages available have also been added to the Panthers website http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/sponsorship

maybe they (GED) donated the secret £10K

Wouldn't surprise me at all.... ;)

If you wanted to inspire confidence in the people you want to invest money into your scheme, surely you'd want to show you're putting your own cash in and not keep it a secret?
  • Like 3

If you wanted to inspire confidence in the people you want to invest money into your scheme, surely you'd want to show you're putting your own cash in and not keep it a secret?

I'm impressed a 25 year Rye House fan is interested in investing in Peterborough Speedway.

Tel

What would worry me IF i was a Peterborough fan ( Big Fan of the Track here) Is there is a still a common denoninator there from the past failures. Yet He thinks he has something to bring to the party, begs the question why didnt he bring it to the party under any of previous regimes ?

• Like 2

What would worry me IF i was a Peterborough fan ( Big Fan of the Track here) Is there is a still a common denoninator there from the past failures. Yet He thinks he has something to bring to the party, begs the question why didnt he bring it to the party under any of previous regimes ?

I agree Swales has been at the club a very long time and has seen the good times and now the bad and you are spot on in what you are saying .If Swales and Rothbone really want the club to continue and they are by what's been reported 10k short I make it 5k each to make up the short fall that's the least they can do when fans have put the rest of the cash up .
  • Like 1

maybe its Rick Frost then?

Seriously it was somebody at the recent forum. What are the odds on "Phil Wing"

I'm impressed a 25 year Rye House fan is interested in investing in Peterborough Speedway.

Tel

Taken from your strap line

8th September 1985 to 8th September 2010 ... Celebrating 25 years as a Rye House supporter

Perhaps it needs updating!! :lol:

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-survival-bid-is-on-the-home-straight-1-6413878

Panthers survival bid is on the home straight

A make or break few days lie ahead according to one of the men driving Peterborough Panthers survival bid.

North-East businessman Ged Rathbone has teamed up with long-serving official Trevor Swales to spearhead a rescue package for the city club.

Rathbone revealed they are three-quarters of the way to hitting their £40,000 funding target with the British Speedway Promoters Association (BSPA) annual meeting looming large.

Club bosses are due round the table in Kenilworth over the next three days, Friday (14 November) to Sunday, to thrash out the sports make-up for 2015 - and Panthers still hope to be a part of it.

They will either need to be able to declare an intention to race or seek an extended period of time in which to be in that position.

Rathbone said: We may not reach the target by tomorrow when the AGM starts, but one last push could make all the difference.

We will be represented at the AGM regardless of whether or not we are in a position to declare our intention to run next season.

At the very least we hope to be given the chance to put forward a case to the BSPA to be granted late entry just as was the case last winter.

Hopefully they will be understanding again, but it is safe to say everything hinges on the next few days which are going to be make or break.

We have said all along that the club needs to be a viable proposition both for 2015 and beyond, and we need to make sure we have the money in place that we feel is necessary.

We cannot allow the club to be in a situation again where the finances run out. We are not here to make money, but we need to break even and we certainly cannot contemplate the sort of losses that have been reported during the 2014 season.

Peterborough Speedway has been Trevors life for a long time and it has become mine in the past few months.

But we will not fall into the trap of letting our hearts rules our heads. This has to work and by that I mean we are able to track a team that can challenge to win the league.

We will not settle for merely making the numbers up and we are in a fantastic position of having riders get in contact to ask to be considered for a team spot if we are able to continue racing.

Rathbone revealed he is actively pursuing several potential major sponsors as Panthers bid to boost their commercial income.

He also reports a terrific take up of advertising packages that have already been released. Several race sponsors have already been found and a number of air-fence banners have been sold at a cost of £250 plus VAT.

Rathbone added: We were very conscious of making our sponsorship deals affordable when pricing them and the response has astounded us.

People are proving over and over again that they want speedway to continue in Peterborough.

There is also a hell of a lot of interest in the VIP packages we are offering and season tickets although we cant set the exact price until such a time that our participation for next season is known.

All the money that has been donated or provided for sponsorship is being looked after by the Supporters Club.

Every single penny has been documented and invoiced and if we are not able to race on in 2015 every penny will be returned.

But we obviously hope that is not the case.

Anyone keen to donate or take up sponsorship opportunities should get in touch by email to pantherspledge2015@gmail.com.

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-survival-bid-is-on-the-home-straight-1-6413878

Panthers survival bid is on the home straight

A make or break few days lie ahead according to one of the men driving Peterborough Panthers survival bid.

North-East businessman Ged Rathbone has teamed up with long-serving official Trevor Swales to spearhead a rescue package for the city club.

Rathbone revealed they are three-quarters of the way to hitting their £40,000 funding target with the British Speedway Promoters Association (BSPA) annual meeting looming large.

Club bosses are due round the table in Kenilworth over the next three days, Friday (14 November) to Sunday, to thrash out the sports make-up for 2015 - and Panthers still hope to be a part of it.

They will either need to be able to declare an intention to race or seek an extended period of time in which to be in that position.

Rathbone said: We may not reach the target by tomorrow when the AGM starts, but one last push could make all the difference.

We will be represented at the AGM regardless of whether or not we are in a position to declare our intention to run next season.

At the very least we hope to be given the chance to put forward a case to the BSPA to be granted late entry just as was the case last winter.

Hopefully they will be understanding again, but it is safe to say everything hinges on the next few days which are going to be make or break.

We have said all along that the club needs to be a viable proposition both for 2015 and beyond, and we need to make sure we have the money in place that we feel is necessary.

We cannot allow the club to be in a situation again where the finances run out. We are not here to make money, but we need to break even and we certainly cannot contemplate the sort of losses that have been reported during the 2014 season.

Peterborough Speedway has been Trevors life for a long time and it has become mine in the past few months.

But we will not fall into the trap of letting our hearts rules our heads. This has to work and by that I mean we are able to track a team that can challenge to win the league.

We will not settle for merely making the numbers up and we are in a fantastic position of having riders get in contact to ask to be considered for a team spot if we are able to continue racing.

Rathbone revealed he is actively pursuing several potential major sponsors as Panthers bid to boost their commercial income.

He also reports a terrific take up of advertising packages that have already been released. Several race sponsors have already been found and a number of air-fence banners have been sold at a cost of £250 plus VAT.

Rathbone added: We were very conscious of making our sponsorship deals affordable when pricing them and the response has astounded us.

People are proving over and over again that they want speedway to continue in Peterborough.

There is also a hell of a lot of interest in the VIP packages we are offering and season tickets although we cant set the exact price until such a time that our participation for next season is known.

All the money that has been donated or provided for sponsorship is being looked after by the Supporters Club.

Every single penny has been documented and invoiced and if we are not able to race on in 2015 every penny will be returned.

But we obviously hope that is not the case.

Anyone keen to donate or take up sponsorship opportunities should get in touch by email to pantherspledge2015@gmail.com.

thought it was children in need today not Panthers in need Swales and Rathbone has taken the speedway begging bowl to a whole new level on this one .

Taken from your strap line

8th September 1985 to 8th September 2010 ... Celebrating 25 years as a Rye House supporter

Perhaps it needs updating!! :lol:

On the 8th September 2015 I will