British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

I don't want to be a pessimist but I gotta say I think we have made 2 major errors signing Grondal(a low scoring rider in a poor Danish league and Konopka Who is arguably the worst rider in the premier league). This is my fear but I really hope I'm proved completely wrong and wish them all the best.

I don't want to be a pessimist but I gotta say I think we have made 2 major errors signing Grondal(a low scoring rider in a poor Danish league and Konopka Who is arguably the worst rider in the premier league). This is my fear but I really hope I'm proved completely wrong and wish them all the best.

well they proved you wrong yesterday.. ;)

Lets get Emil as an Asset and on a proper average for next season...! :t:

I agree..Emil looked the part but so did Barret when he first arrived so we shall see..early indications looked good though...not so sure about konopka.

• Like 1

So what do other panthers fans think of Grondal? From an armchair view looking at stats he only beat three opponents, one a retiree and the other two who couldn't beat anyone who actually finished!

Am I being harsh with that assessment, I understand he has had some practice round EOES so you would expect him to be reasonably quick, but riding round after meetings is a different ball game to having to gate against 3 others and also riding after two heats and not the full 15 gives different track conditions.

He is never going to adequately replace Allen (this season) but will he aide or hinder your quest for honours??

Grondal should do an ok job - he was struggling to find a setup apparently.

Should get to an ok middle order level.

Obviously replacing the weekly guest scores of Brady Kurtz with Grondal's will cause a bit of a reduction, but in fairness, Kurtz only scored 6 from 5 and then 9 from 5 in his last 2 guest appearances!!

But given the choice was r/r for Allen, or signing someone like Grondal, it was a choice that had to be made.

R/r for most of the season is too much of a strain.

As far as the other major error as pointed out by Lukas (Grondal was the first), I would say that Konopka needs to be given the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

OK he only "earned" one of his points yesterday, but he might just need better equipment.

There have been other slow developers in the past.

I just can't understand why we didn't play it safe and go for Roynan and someone like Bowen.. But we have what we have now so let's give them a chance and get behind them.

Roynon & Bowen - are you serious?

You wanted to bring in those 2 instead of Allen and ...??

Why are they both holding such low averages?

You know a like for like replacement has to average less than the rider is replacing, unless you want to redeclare the team?

And how were you going to have Brady Kurtz guesting for Ostergaard at Berwicj along with Fish for Grondal?

• Like 2

Yes I would rather have Roynan and Bowen than grondal and konopka...is that OK with you?..and i suggested Kurtz and fish as replacements for the Berwick match along with a few other riders as I wasn't sure about averages and couldn't be arsed to check so thanks for picking me up on that.

Anything else?

You really don't want the list.

Do you want a list of crap posts you've made?

Yes please - save me looking them up.

• Like 1

Yes I would rather have Roynan and Bowen than grondal and konopka...is that OK with you?..and i suggested Kurtz and fish as replacements for the Berwick match along with a few other riders as I wasn't sure about averages and couldn't be arsed to check so thanks for picking me up on that.

Anything else?

How about spelling Adam Roynon correctly for starters :P

• Like 2

Easy mistake for the terminally thick :icon_smile_clown:

what's wrong with this post . i put it in here to giggle your pin and it worked . don't see any harm in reminding your team who won the pairs, or have you forgot already ?

here,s a reminder . witches won you didn't . how hard can that be to take in.