Peterborough Panthers 2015

Ully 8.00

Bellego 6.22

Howarth 6.30

Blackbird 6.31

Fisher 7.89

Greenwood 3.00

Roynon 4.78

Hear that Howarth wont be riding for Coventry next season, so could work out if didn't ride for another Friday club, will all depends on Roynon and if signs for Coventry though. Couldn't have a better top 5 than that though.

Ully 8.00

Bellego 6.22

Howarth 6.30

Blackbird 6.31

Fisher 7.89

Greenwood 3.00

Roynon 4.78

Hear that Howarth wont be riding for Coventry next season, so could work out if didn't ride for another Friday club, will all depends on Roynon and if signs for Coventry though. Couldn't have a better top 5 than that though.

I make that line up 42.72

Bellego 6.06

Greenwood 3.12

Howarth 6.57

Tel :cry:

Superb News :approve: :approve: :approve:

readypower.jpg

PETERBOROUGH co-owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney have given their full backing to the club’s survival attempt.

While they remain unable to assume hands-on control due to business and family commitments, they are ready to boost the rescue package put together by long-serving co-promoter Trevor Swales and Ged Rathbone.

Panthers have been granted a two-week extension by the sport’s governing body – the British Speedway Promoters’ Association – in which to arrive at a position in which they can declare an intention to race on. That extension expires on November 30.

Frost and Mahoney have offered to become main team sponsors for the 2015 season through their Readypower business. They are also willing to hand over the cash even if another major backer can be sourced.

Mahoney said: “We have offered for Readypower to act as main team sponsors. We are more than willing to step aside, while still putting in the money, if another major sponsor can be sourced.

“Trevor and Ged are the only people to have shown interest in keeping the club going and we have given them as much support as we possibly can.

“Myself and Rick very much hope the club can race on in 2015 and beyond.”

It is another act of generosity from a couple who have invested hundreds of thousands of pounds since saving Panthers from the brink of oblivion in the summer of 2008.

They initially paid £170,000 to purchase the club and also had to cover debts built up by the previous regime.

Frost and Mahoney then invested heavily in improving the East of England Showground facilities and on riding talent throughout their reign.

They eventually relinquished hands-on control last winter before striking an ill-fated two-year leasehold agreement with Coventry supremo Mick Horton. He has since pulled out after only one season.

Swales and Rathbone then stepped in to mount a survival mission. They are attempting to raise £40,000 to cover the club’s operational costs for Premier League racing in 2015.

That figure is in addition to approximately £24,000 of start-up costs which have already been covered.

They are currently three-quarters of the way to reaching their target. It means they have effectively have around 10 days to raise the remaining £10,000 they require.

Panthers will also have free use of the facilities and equipment belonging to Frost and Mahoney. That will instead by rented for a nominal fee by their East of England Showground landlords.

Mahoney added: “I want to place on record my thanks to both the BSPA management committee and those in charge at the Showground for allowing us to reach a position where survival can be achieved.

“Trevor and Ged are the only party to have shown a serious interest in keeping Peterborough on track and we very much hope they are successful in doing so.

“I know they have received some excellent backing from the supporters and hopefully that will continue to be the case in the next few days as they bid to raise the sum of money required.”

Any individuals or businesses keen to make a financial pledge can get in touch via email to pantherspledge2015@gmail.com

Cheers Matt!!! :t::P

Ok Ok, thought had the right averages, try:

Ulrich 8.10

Bellego 6.06

Proctor 6.20

Blackbird 6.30

Hansen 7.83

Greenwood 3.12

Roynon 4.78

Wolves will have to owe us something if want Lasse Bjerre for the season, and Proctor was always good value in the Elite League, so on a 6.20 average, would be a bargain so realistic, the rest of them are do-able.

I heard that It lives there with Zig and Zag! :D

Also, why would we offload North (if we have) and then pay a loan fee?

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-have-just-10-days-to-find-10-000-1-6427518

Panthers have just 10 days to find £10,000

Peterborough Panthers chief Trevor Swales has issued a public thank-you to the sports governing body... and a rallying call to supporters as the club faces a race against time to survive.

Swales successfully sought an extension in which to be in a position to declare an intention to race at Premier League level in the 2015 season when attending the British Speedway Promoters Association (BSPA) annual meeting last weekend.

Panthers stay of execution expires on November 30 which means they now have 10 days in which to raise £10,000.

Long-serving co-promoter Swales and North-East businessman Ged Rathbone, who joined the management team during last season, are around three-quarters of the way to hitting their £40,000 target to finance their operational costs.

It is understood that other start-up costs, totalling around £24,000, have been covered.

Swales said: It goes without saying that Im extremely grateful to the BSPA for the way they handled our situation.

We were not in a position to declare we would run at the annual meeting and we now have the next few days in which to get there.

We remain hopeful that we can hit our target and must stress again that we will not consider running if we fall short.

We are approaching businesses morning, noon and night to try to generate revenue and we are leaving no stone unturned.

It would be devastating if we didnt make it after working so hard and raising so much money.

I would urge all supporters to dig as deep as they possibly can or come to us with any leads for sponsorship they may have.

Co-owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney have thrown their weight behind the Panthers survival bid.

Business and family commitments have prevented them from taking an active role in the running of the club, but they have pledged financial support by offering to become the main team sponsors through their Readypower company.

They declined to reveal the exact value of the deal, but have promised to stump up the cash even if another major backer can be found.

Mahoney said: We offered for Readypower to act as main team sponsors. We are more than willing to step aside, while still putting in the money, if another major sponsor can be sourced.

Trevor and Ged are the only people to have shown interest in keeping the club going and we have given them as much support as we can.

Myself and Rick very much hope the club can race on in 2015 and beyond.

Frost and Mahoney have also agreed a deal whereby the speedway facilities and equipment they own at the Showground will be available for the club to use next season for free.

Any individuals or businesses keen to make a financial pledge can get in touch via email to pantherspledge2015@gmail.com.

So IF The 10k is not forthcoming from the supporters is that it ? Or will the 2 new owners stump up the balance themselves ?

So IF The 10k is not forthcoming from the supporters is that it ? Or will the 2 new owners stump up the balance themselves ?

What 2 new owners would that be then?

Ok Ok, thought had the right averages, try:

Ulrich 8.10

Bellego 6.06

Proctor 6.20

Blackbird 6.30

Hansen 7.83

Greenwood 3.12

Roynon 4.78

Wolves will have to owe us something if want Lasse Bjerre for the season, and Proctor was always good value in the Elite League, so on a 6.20 average, would be a bargain so realistic, the rest of them are do-able.

Sorry :sad:

But on reading the Coventry thread they are suggesting Hansen is NOT riding in the UK during 2015 due to family illness.

Tel

Also, why would we offload North (if we have) and then pay a loan fee?

Does North still have a viable Premier League Average ??

If not would he be excluded because his Elite League average is above 6.00 (same as Rory S.)

Tel

How much have you donated?

I'll make that public when everybody else does! ;)

yes it reads to me as 30k has been raised plus what readypower are now willing to put in...

It's not been made clear exactly how much this ReadyPower news has put into the pot. So we're still in the dark about what the situation is and how it's changed since last week.

Why can't they just say something like:

we needed £40,000 when we had the fans meeting, as at last week were up to £24,000 (or whatever), And now ReadyPower's sponsorship adds another £X, and we are now up to £Y. So we still need £Z

Commenting and debating on any subject on the forum doesn't constitute trolling, Look up the meaning in the dictionary. Keeping speedway running at Peterborough, should be a concern for all speedway fans, if nothing but to keep it open for the big meetings that everyone enjoys ever year. Keeping it open, of course, is now in the hands of the Peterborough fans themselves. Help it or lose it.

Judging by the standard of yours, I obviously wasn't the bottom mark. Anyway, time to get back in your locker.

You disappoint me Riggers. Having me on ignore means you miss out on what you would like to rubbish. I just hope someone tells you I have replied, but, as you say, 'it's impossible to avoid my posts'.

Advice comes in many bundles, but I must admit your biggest contribution is your pursuit of EL racing. Perhaps you should rethink it, and accept that no speedway means no speedway, but PL speedway means it could be possible to switch at another date. Seems sense doesn't it.

Must thank you for your praise in the last para. :D In terms of me and SKY Elite League, it started the same year that Newcastle opened, so just missed the boat. :rofl:

Noted the use of the word 'doomed'. Well, if everyone had your and a few of your friends outlook, Peterborough Speedway would be doomed. As it is, there are others that have a different persona, and I do hope they get what they have paid to see, PL racing at the The Showground in 2015.

Best of luck to Trevor and Ged, for being prepared to put their necks on the block, and especially the Peterborough fans who do kindly donate and keep it open. :t:

It's a mute point. We had most wins and would won it these days. After Exeter and Sheffield won on aggregate points the rules were changed because of their massive home track advantage. But you are right. Must give mention though to the massive and timely assistance that the Berwick team gave to Sheffield on the Saturday before our last away meeting with Stoke.

if only it was "mute"..........

you meant "moot" surely? :rolleyes:

p.s.

it's a Panthers thread, so STFU about feckin' Newcastle (and Berwick and Sheffield et al) Oh, and ffs stop bigging yourself up.

Edited by PE7Panther

Does North still have a viable Premier League Average ??

If not would he be excluded because his Elite League average is above 6.00 (same as Rory S.)

Tel

All too technical for me Tel, I don't do rules and averages. It was only a response to the resident loony!

Edited by Crump99

1 ? 2 ? 3 ? 4 ? 5 ? 6 ? 7 ? is that not nearer the Peterborough team unless i missed something

You've not missed anything apart from people getting ahead of themselves!

Swales said: “We were not in a position to declare we would run at the annual meeting and we now have the next few days in which to get there.

“We remain hopeful that we can hit our target and must stress again that we will not consider running if we fall short.

Edited by Crump99