British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

which is a shame and the promotion have gone very quiet both on this forum and in the local press.. ;)

I hope Rick sees that running PL on a Thursday/Friday night is a viable proposition and takes the plunge back into the murky waters of the BSPA...

Although I guess Ipswich would attempt to block any attempt to ride on a Thursday, Lakeside on a Friday and Rye House if they tried on a Saturday - all a bit of a joke really... :icon_smile_clown:

He doesn't really need to worry about viable though does he, and he'd already said as such, although he's also indicated that he's not keen on putting money down the drain? If he fancied another swim in the shark infested custard then I don't see him as a second best kind of guy, but who knows? If it was let us run on the night of our choosing or lose Peterborough full stop then I'm sure that the BSPA would be accommodating. It's all wishful thinking though (or perhaps not for those happy with what they have) from the no news zone of the EoES, but wouldn't be surprised at a change of sorts at the helm.

Edited by Crump99

No chance of that happening unless an average crowd of 250 is now viable & would make all the work by those involved seem worthwhile? Anyway, bigger flop than what?

A bigger flop than what is in place at present :P Nah, that's a bit harsh. The only flop is the race night...and the team replacements due to injuries. The PL, racing wise, I still enjoy.

which is a shame and the promotion have gone very quiet both on this forum and in the local press.. ;)

I hope Rick sees that running PL on a Thursday/Friday night is a viable proposition and takes the plunge back into the murky waters of the BSPA...

Although I guess Ipswich would attempt to block any attempt to ride on a Thursday, Lakeside on a Friday and Rye House if they tried on a Saturday - all a bit of a joke really... :icon_smile_clown:

I suppose the club don't have much to speak of at present :P

A bigger flop than what is in place at present :P Nah, that's a bit harsh. The only flop is the race night...and the team replacements due to injuries. The PL, racing wise, I still enjoy.

So you'd be happy for Peterborough & K Lynn to swop leagues. You could still visit the EoES and get you PL fix at the NA?

Edited by Crump99

So you'd be happy for Peterborough & K Lynn to swop leagues. You could still visit the EoES and get you PL fix at the NA?

Swap?! Well I'm not so sure about that. I'm not trying to say I don't enjoy the EL...but the racing over the past two seasons at least, generally speaking, has been better at Peterborough. No matter whether it's PL or EL, I just like the track. I can produce some great racing. Yes, I am repeating myself a lot on that subject these days on here but hey ho :lol: I have been going to Peterborough fairly regularly since 2010 and that was when we were PL, but I was also going to Peterborough as a "neutral" when we were both EL, so you know, it makes no difference to me personally which league either club is in :P At present, I'm still wondering if the league system will stay as it is for next year, but that's another topic subject entirely!

Much will depend on to what extent the Frosts are prepared to be involved in 2015

Much will depend on to what extent the Frosts are prepared to be involved in 2015

As we've not heard anything from them for the best part of a year then one assumes that nothing much has changed and they'd offload it if the right offer came along and are therefore not interested in being involved as they once were? Especially as Julie is down as promoter and therefore associated with this dogs' dinner of a season. Have you seen any explanation or cheerleading from the promoter at any time?

Edited by Crump99

As we've not heard anything from them for the best part of a year then one assumes that nothing much has changed and they'd offload it if the right offer came along and are therefore not interested in being involved as they once were? Especially as Julie is down as promoter and therefore associated with this dogs' dinner of a season. Have you seen any explanation or cheerleading from the promoter at any time?

From what I have gleaned Mr Horton will not be back and Panthers very future may well rest on Frost involvement actively or financially.

From what I have gleaned Mr Horton will not be back and Panthers very future may well rest on Frost involvement actively or financially.

That seems to be the rumour but just means a standard close season for us these days: will we, won't we and where!

Trev

I think Rick and Julie's involvement next year is more dependant on whether the BSPA has to/is prepared to offer them a large Olive Branch Tree!! If the Elite League falls below critical mass (breaches any Sky deal) the situation could get very interesting!!

There was also one of those rumours floating around our end of the Stadium, towards the end of this season that Rick would not entertain getting directly involved again, while MIck was still around.

Think Julie had to be a named Promoter to allow Mick and co to run this year!! (but I might have made that up). I was also told Mick was not permitted to promote the "Fours" because of the earlier debacle at Coventry.

Tel

Edited by TAST

Trev

I think Rick and Julie's involvement next year is more dependant on whether the BSPA has to/is prepared to offer them a large Olive Branch Tree!! If the Elite League falls below critical mass (breaches any Sky deal) the situation could get very interesting!!

There was also one of those rumours floating around our end of the Stadium, towards the end of thist season that Rick would not entertain getting directly involved again, while MIck was still around.

Think Julie had to be a named Promoter to allow Mick and co to run this year!! (but I might have made that up). I was also told Mick was not permitted to promote the "Fours" because of the earlier debacle at Coventry.

Tel

When they say run the EL with 8 (I've seen the suggestion on here at least) I do wonder how that fits with Sky? I'd imagine that they are showing EL speedway and the numbers matter not in whatever deal they have? That's why I don't think the current league structure itself will change apart from the usual tinkering, so unless they lose more tracks then I don't think the begging bowl will be out to Rick and Julie or anyone else. Any involvement would involve negotiation between the parties and they've only just put out the fire from last time!

That rumour hadn't filtered through to us in the Elite (excuse the pun) section of the stand Tel but did make me chuckle. If he wanted to be involved then I doubt Mick would be an obstacle. He'd say here's what you're owed or how much do you want to vacate the premises, we'll discuss :D

Had heard the last two points although know of no evidence to prove either are possibly true!

Edited by Crump99

Trev

There was also one of those rumours floating around our end of the Stadium, towards the end of this season that Rick would not entertain getting directly involved again, while MIck was still around.

Tel

If the point you make re Frost /Horton is correct, It is my understanding that others have the same view concerning the latter.

When they say run the EL with 8 (I've seen the suggestion on here at least) I do wonder how that fits with Sky? I'd imagine that they are showing EL speedway and the numbers matter not in whatever deal they have? That's why I don't think the current league structure itself will change apart from the usual tinkering, so unless they lose more tracks then I don't think the begging bowl will be out to Rick and Julie or anyone else. Any involvement would involve negotiation between the parties and they've only just put out the fire from last time!

That rumour hadn't filtered through to us in the Elite (excuse the pun) section of the stand Tel but did make me chuckle. If he wanted to be involved then I doubt Mick would be an obstacle. He'd say here's what you're owed or how much do you want to vacate the premises, we'll discuss :D

Had heard the last two points although know of no evidence to prove either are possibly true!

Trev

I agree on the "Evidence" point - the best example being the annual "AGM Statement" :-)

In terms of seats we've debated this before - I started watching speedway standing at the entrance to the first bend and always have ever since! When forced to have stood/sat in different locations and not enjoyed it as much - after 36 years watching speedway don't think I'll change now!!

Think any enforced action against the current promoter would have resulted in a very premature ending to the current season - and would have possibly changed supporters opinions!!

Trouble with a reduced number of Elite League tracks is that Poole will end up on TV every week!!

I have started to draft a fictional script of a potential conversation between The "BSPA" and "Rick/Julie" - as we get in to the close season (and after it has been refined), depending which way the wind is blowing, I might post it on here!! :-)

Tel

Think Julie was named as a promoter to protect Rick's investment. Hope Rick comes back as promoter, because we would have a cracking team, as he is highly respected by all the riders that have ridden for him. Whether he is interested is another matter.

Think Julie was named as a promoter to protect Rick's investment. Hope Rick comes back as promoter, because we would have a cracking team, as he is highly respected by all the riders that have ridden for him. Whether he is interested is another matter.

I think Rick still has a great interest in Speedway. I think I saw him at Cardiff this year, as usual, and he was at Sheffield for the PLRC last weekend.

I think Rick still has a great interest in Speedway. I think I saw him at Cardiff this year, as usual, and he was at Sheffield for the PLRC last weekend.

Think he does have an interest in Speedway but became disillusioned by the jokers who run the sport.