British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

I think people are thinking Dilger might be back due to the fact that Rathbone apparently sponsors him. I'd hope that that connection is not taken into account as Dilger is one of the last people I'd want back there! There's got to be someone else out there better than that!

If they are truly considering DILGER on the basis they haven't got much left to fill the last spot then surely a young Brit from the NL is the one to go for.

• Like 3

If they are truly considering DILGER on the basis they haven't got much left to fill the last spot then surely a young Brit from the NL is the one to go for.

Could be good news i.e. Adam will be at 6 or 7 with a strong 1-5.

To fill a 3 point position (Dilger is 3.04)unless there is a promising youngster out there I'd give Dilger four to six weeks - new equipment, new season he may just deliver the goods, but then again . . . . . . . Who would want to be a promoter!

To fill a 3 point position (Dilger is 3.04)unless there is a promising youngster out there I'd give Dilger four to six weeks - new equipment, new season he may just deliver the goods, but then again . . . . . . . Who would want to be a promoter!

Dilger must be mid-20s and has never done a thing, he's not going to now. Yet a sub-21 Brit with limited experience may just, given the opportunity grasp it and become a hit.

We gave Dilger 3 months last year and he was complete pants from start to finish.

A young British rider from the NL is definitely the way to go.

Morley, Perry, Phillips, Halsey etc

Edited by bigcatdiary

Bigcatdiary, Simon Lambert looks a world beater next to that list. Surely the new management will learn from last year, & have decent reserves ? Watching Barrett & Dilger having 10+ rides between them when we used RR was one of the most depressing memories of my time supporting Panthers.

• Like 1

Bigcatdiary, Simon Lambert looks a world beater next to that list. Surely the new management will learn from last year, & have decent reserves ? Watching Barrett & Dilger having 10+ rides between them when we used RR was one of the most depressing memories of my time supporting Panthers.

Yep certainly one of mine.

A young British rider from the NL is definitely the way to go.

Morley, Perry, Phillips, Halsey etc

None of those will average above 3 points Edited by Shads

None of those will average above 3 points

About the same as Dilger then.

• Like 1

Lambert on a 3.73 average is worth taking a punt on, he could add a point to that, and some meetings score double figures, Morley wouldn't be bad, but Perry and Phillips couldn't do a job. Halsey wasn't bad last season, but not great.

Lambert on a 3.73 average is worth taking a punt on, he could add a point to that, and some meetings score double figures, Morley wouldn't be bad, but Perry and Phillips couldn't do a job. Halsey wasn't bad last season, but not great.

OMG once we were talking of Crump,,Pedersen and,Sullivan..

• Like 2

Lambert S would average half a dozen in the current EL.

Morley and Halsey are small track men and the latter has been around for an awful long time without getting any better. I'd have thought someone like Greaves, Kingston or Stokes would be a better bet, they are only ever going to improve.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Tom Perry and Dan Halsey have had experience in pl and elite and done well and looking at most other teams reserve s they would hold their own no problem

Sarjeant was the best available 3pointer and Glasgow got him Greenwood would of been ok but he was never going to return to a team who let him go for Barrett as for the rest of the 3 pointers a tail and a donkey come to mind

OMG once we were talking of Crump,,Pedersen and,Sullivan..

and that was back in the day, sadly you have to live for the moment, and for the moment we are in the premier league, so for the options available, you will see riders like Lambert linked with us, a case of deal with it comes to mind.

Elite League isn't what its all cracked up to be, we all know that.

• Like 2