British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Yet another track biting the dust....

Can't understand it personally. ?

Especially given the way that the promoters of the sport do such a great job in running it..

Horton sounds like a clown or someone who just continues to bite off more than he can chew..He has dumped more clubs than I've dumped women!..am I right in saying he messed up Oxford, Mildenhall, and now Panthers? and probably Coventry next when he gets bored of them!..specialy looking at the crowds they get now.

Sad times for us...Hope someone can come in and put us back in the elite where we belong.

And hello its not rocket science...give us a good team and regular race nights and there would be a 1000 plus there every week!...The fact is we have had a crap team in a tinpot league on the worst night possible.

Some weeks no meetings then 3 double headers on the trot which leave you bored out of your skull..and when they made the ridiculous changes that they did it made even me miss a meeting which I never do..The season started O.K but when Horton lost interest and Coventry started doing well it became a farce.

If there is someone out there who is thinking of saving our club or if Rick Has a change of heart maybe look at the stats from 2006 regarding team building and crowds and then you have a viable business...I mean as much as we all hate Poole and Mat Fraud...he gets it right every year and the truth is...we are all jealous!

a tinpot league???

you cheeky sod - u were grateful to be accepted into it

• Like 6

If somebody does decide to take Panthers on next season, the first person they need to persuade to return is Bratters. Brilliant at getting sponsorship,new & old.

Maybe RF & JM should just get Bratters back and let him run it.

It can't be any worse than this season. And it wouldn't be too hard to improve on the previous four!

Wonder who Bratters would want as TM? Has Sully actually left these shores? Hans back at No.1, no Bjerres......

[Paladin closes his eyes and drifts off into a dream scenario]

• Like 1

Horton is just a wide-boy wouldn't trust him to run a raffle,why do they keep giving him clubs to run ,guaranteed failure.Peterborough is one of the finest racing tracks in the country.

• Like 2

Yet another track biting the dust....

Can't understand it personally. ?

Especially given the way that the promoters of the sport do such a great job in running it..

Since all the promoters are doing such a bad job, maybe you can enlighten us with the solutions to save Peterborough and speedway as a whole.

• Like 1

no need, so many of the reasons why so many people no longer attend in the numbers required to make speedway viable at so many tracks are there for all to see having been well documented on here, the speedway star, and virtually every unofficial website which covers individual tracks over the past decade or so...

those that run the sport have decided (as is their wish) to ignore the feedback they have been given from paying (or should that be no longer paying) customers and are now reaping their rewards for their 'we know best/you take it or leave it' attitude,,,

I suppose I could 'enlighten them' by saying that 'when running a business, listen to your customer's feedback to help you grow' but I would suggest any business man or woman who needs someone to tell them that, shouldn't probably be someone running a business in the first place..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

no need, so many of the reasons why so many people no longer attend in the numbers required to make speedway viable at so many tracks are there for all to see having been well documented on here, the speedway star, and virtually every unofficial website which covers individual tracks over the past decade or so...

those that run the sport have decided (as is their wish) to ignore the feedback they have been given from paying (or should that be no longer paying) customers and are now reaping their rewards for their 'we know best/you take it or leave it' attitude,,,

I suppose I could 'enlighten them' by saying that 'when running a business, listen to your customer's feedback to help you grow' but I would suggest any business man or woman who needs someone to tell them that, shouldn't probably be someone running a business in the first place..

o.k all speedway promoters are not listening to the fans.This forum has shown that you ask 10 speedway fans what they want you get 10 different answers ! Imagine the chairman of the BSPA is reading this, what is your feedback that promoters are not listening to ?

• Like 1

o.k all speedway promoters are not listening to the fans.This forum has shown that you ask 10 speedway fans what they want you get 10 different answers ! Imagine the chairman of the BSPA is reading this, what is your feedback that promoters are not listening to ?

really??

a business can get too much free of charge, unsolicited, databased information to improve its performance and you think its a bad thing? :o

it should be manna from heaven...

if they so wanted, any promoter spending say just an hour on here would see more than enough clear common threads running through it to guide them in sorting out 'the key issues' which have driven so many fans away...

alternatively, they could simply cut through all this crap on here and do some professional market research as to what the fans really want...?

neither I would suggest will happen.. :neutral:

• Like 2

It really is high time that Mick Horton was kicked out of speedway once and for all.

All the best

Rob

aye some fans call our promotion at Newcastle,, so next time I see them i'll just say have a look at Peterborough and they might think twice about who they call,, hope yous are running next year

really??

a business can get too much free of charge, unsolicited, databased information to improve its performance and you think its a bad thing? :o

it should be manna from heaven...

if they so wanted, any promoter spending say just an hour on here would see more than enough clear common threads running through it to guide them in sorting out 'the key issues' which have driven so many fans away...

alternatively, they could simply cut through all this crap on here and do some professional market research as to what the fans really want...?

neither I would suggest will happen.. :neutral:

My point is on the Elite League 2015 thread we already have suggested ,1 big league,re introduce the KO cup, 13 heats + 2nd half, stick to 15 heats, promotion/relegation ,single race nights, 2 race nights, weekend speedway, squad system, fortnightly speedway, weekly speedway, scrap playoffs , scrap double points ,bin the GP riders, get the GP riders back, ditch the fastrack, keep the fastrack. What are promoters supposed to do ? all valid views but they can't implement them all can we !

• Like 2

If the panthers do fold, maybe the BSPA could stage some big meetings at the showground. It would be a tragedy for speedway to lose such a great venue.

• Like 3

I really cannot understand Horton's position in all this ...

Why has he not been seen at the Showground for months?

Why was he not at the Meeting yesterday? I thought he was a Speedway fan - and cannot even be bothered to Watch and support the team he supports in the KOC final?

Also where was Neil Watson?

• Like 1

I really cannot understand Horton's position in all this ...

Why has he not been seen at the Showground for months?

Why was he not at the Meeting yesterday? I thought he was a Speedway fan - and cannot even be bothered to Watch and support the team he supports in the KOC final?

Also where was Neil Watson?

Horton was there - sitting in the grandstand Block C !!

Unless he has an identical twin

Tel

P.S Thought we had been knocked out the KOC!!! :cry:

Edited by TAST