British Speedway Forum
SCB

The "fans Trophy"

Shouldn't it be called the Fans' Trophy (with the apostrophe)?

With the interest generated plus the acknowledged tightness of posters on this forum, I think it would be more accurate if the apostrophe was before the "S"and not after it.
  • Like 1

With the interest generated plus the acknowledged tightness of posters on this forum, I think it would be more accurate if the apostrophe was before the "S"and not after it.

That thought did cross my mind as I made my post!

Shouldn't it be called the Fans' Trophy (with the apostrophe)?

Depends how many dig in to their pockets.

So a few people have moaned a fair bit now that there's no recognition for the team that finishes top of the league so shy don't the fans do something?

All that's needed each season is a modest trophy and 10ish medals for each of the riders in the team. £100 a year would be enough. Wouldn't take many fans to put in a small donation. At the end if the season (or once a team has finished top of the league) a group of fans could be picked/selected (by ballot if too many) to award the trophy.

As for the name I like "the fans trophy" but we could use it to remember Lee Richardson or any other rider that's agreed.

It's probably a little too late for 2014 (but still possible) but we could do something for future seasons.

If the fund makes too much money we could donate it to the SRBF.

The complete lack of interest in this suggest nobody cares who finishes top. So next time so stuck in their ways moaner comes on here saying the play-offs are crap we'll have to point them to this thread :D

As, probably, the main moaner on this Forum regarding the 'Play Offs' I would like to make a suggestion.

Why not have a Trophy and a Name for the Team finishing TOP!! I would make so bold as to suggest that you could call the Trophy the League Championship Trophy and that you could call the Winners (those at the TOP) the League Champions as indeed they are.

Then you could have the 'Play Offs', you could have a Trophy called the 'Play Off' Champion's Trophy the Winner of the Competition to be called the 'Play Off' Champions, as indeed they would be. They could NOT be called League Champions if they have NOT won the League, to call them that would be a misnomer.

Problem solved - but - not in Speedway.

The solution is simple really.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

As, probably, the main moaner on this Forum regarding the 'Play Offs' I would like to make a suggestion.

Why not have a Trophy and a Name for the Team finishing TOP!! I would make so bold as to suggest that you could call the Trophy the League Championship Trophy and that you could call the Winners (those at the TOP) the League Champions as indeed they are.

Then you could have the 'Play Offs', you could have a Trophy called the 'Play Off' Champion's Trophy the Winner of the Competition to be called the 'Play Off' Champions, as indeed they would be. They could NOT be League Champions if they have NOT won the League, to call them that would be a misnomer.

Problem solved - but - not in Speedway.

The solution is simple really.

Or in many other major sports. Move on.

Or in many other major sports. Move on.

Only my opinion Dave - to which, I think you will agree, I am entitled. That is what the Forum is for - airing your views.

When something comes up to which I can contribute - I shall continue to do so.

Only my opinion Dave - to which, I think you will agree, I am entitled. That is what the Forum is for - airing your views.

You are but you say the same thing about 100 times ...As he said move on .

You are but you say the same thing about 100 times ...As he said move on .

I wish I had a Pound for every time you had Posted the same old things about the Elite League orion.

Live and let live I say.

You contribute nothing to the Play Offs debate, because it is the same old, same old.

Edited by Tsunami

Scrap the idea SCB, Poole finished top.

On a serious note though, the PLAY OFFS determine the League Champions, speedway / Sky has decided this is the best way to go, to have them renamed as play off winners would instantly devalue them.

Whats better than the top 4 team scrapping it out to win the League?

You contribute nothing to the Play Offs debate, because it is the same old, same old.

Some constructive views from you might help - or - can you not see that the lack of credibility has caused me to give up the Sport. Don't you care?

I KNOW there are a lot more people who feel as I do, but just put up with it. In their turn though - they will leave - eventually.

PLENTY ALREADY HAVE!!!

Nobody seems interested in asking the question WHY people are voting with their feet. Nobody seems to give a damn.

Scrap the idea SCB, Poole finished top.

On a serious note though, the PLAY OFFS determine the League Champions, speedway / Sky has decided this is the best way to go, to have them renamed as play off winners would instantly devalue them.

Whats better than the top 4 team scrapping it out to win the League?

The team finishing top to win the league.

• Like 1

The team finishing top to win the league.

Except you are NOT allowed to say so. :mad: :mad: :mad:

As often as I like..................................

• Like 1

Except you are NOT allowed to say so. :mad: :mad: :mad:

As often as I like..................................

It seems there are 1 or 2 on this forum who would stop me having any opinions at all, if they disagree with their's of course.

• Like 1