British Speedway Forum

Are you trying to tell me they are decenet riders?

Yes they are. They are both of similar ability to Jake Allen. Jake will do well at Berwick, he can gate and is good on the bigger tracks and in the last 12 months he has got the tight tracks worked out. He is a real talent and will be a good asset for the club Edited by sm00th

Therein lies one of the unfortunate, unpredictable elements of speedway.

You can build a great team, but you also need a bit of luck with injuries. I'll not even go down the Gjedde path :)

Last year it could be argued we went with Carr too long, however, many people want to see young British riders given a fair crack at things.

We did the right thing giving him a long run last season.

I suppose my point is that there needs to be a balance between being utterly ruthless and overly loyal.

Scott, it's a business, you need to do things when they need to be done, it's not rocket science after all. If a rider is under performing and you have attempted to do everything you can to overcome the problem, then. GET RID . before too much damage is done. I don't think it is ruthless at all, just good business. I am loyal to my suppliers, but, only as long as it is beneficial to me.

sorry but no club should settle for just having speedway

if its not entertaining theres no point and the promotors are taking the micky out of the paying public

A ridiculous post.

Tell that to the good citizens of Wimbledon, Hull, Oxford, Exeter, Bristol, Sunderland or Ellesmere Port.

• Like 2

A ridiculous post.

Tell that to the good citizens of Wimbledon, Hull, Oxford, Exeter, Bristol, Sunderland or Ellesmere Port.

We finished bottom of the pile last year. I'm not happy about that and have publicly slated the promotion for the team they put out, but I'd be devastated if we closed down.
  • Like 6

Merry Christmas to all Forum fans,Here's a little Christmas Quiz ,Who was last Berwick rider to win a World Title?

Merry Christmas to all Forum fans,Here's a little Christmas Quiz ,Who was last Berwick rider to win a World Title?

Kelvin Tatum ?

Bruce Cribb (world team cup)

Nope!

You realise you've ruined my day as I won't rest until I know the answer

Tai Woffinden (guest in 2008)

Edited by Shads

You realise you've ruined my day as I won't rest until I know the answer

Tai Woffinden (guest in 2008)

Nope!

Just had bandits email though and they are waiting for the outcome of meetings between bspa and uk immigration and visas regarding jake allen

Do you mean he won a World Title while riding as a Bandit, or a rider who at one time rode for Berwick but won his World title years earler or later?