British Speedway Forum

Every time we have gone down the No1 route in the last few years, we are in the bottom 3, last year a team in depth 4th. Time listen to the facts and not pander the the pleas of certain fans.

Going down the No1 route is fine, if you have one and probably two of the best reserves around, that is where they went wrong when putting that kind of team together. Last season the strength in depth approach worked, hopefully they will stick to what works, time will tell.

Going down the No1 route is fine, if you have one and probably two of the best reserves around, that is where they went wrong when putting that kind of team together. Last season the strength in depth approach worked, hopefully they will stick to what works, time will tell.

Considering they started with only 1rider over 7 last season doesn't look promising for strength in depth team if the Aussie is a 7. Edited by Fromafar

Why not much mention of Vissing? Surely he'd be a no brainier on that average riding at 5 where Barker would take most of the pressure off him... Would've been a decent top two imo

• Like 2

Why not much mention of Vissing? Surely he'd be a no brainier on that average riding at 5 where Barker would take most of the pressure off him... Would've been a decent top two imo

Im sure most Berwick fans have the same thoughts

Looks like its between ourselves and Newcastle to pick the best of the remainder hopefully we get our 7 before Diamonds

Every time we have gone down the No1 route in the last few years, we are in the bottom 3, last year a team in depth 4th. Time listen to the facts and not pander the the pleas of certain fans.

Didn't do Edinburgh any harm

• Like 1

Going down the No1 route is fine, if you have one and probably two of the best reserves around, that is where they went wrong when putting that kind of team together..

that and injuries doesnt help Edited by abyassinian bandit

Plymouth have built there team round Ben Barker on a few occasions and look where it has got them

Absolutely nowhere.

Isn't that what I am saying, perhaps less direct

If they didn't kill each other in the pits, no love between those two

a lot of pressure on barker though he will be used to it riding for Plymouth

Remember!, one rider does not make a team

That line up was a bit of a rarity, and well deserved for assembling a team like that. Looks like Glasgow may have achieved something similar, but via a different route, MONEY,MONEY. MONEY

that and injuries doesnt help

Injuries, weather etc. etc. always used as an excuse, it's generally the same for every team. You cannot run a team on IF,IF,IF, it always comes down to management. It's like saying in my shop, what IF I run out of watch batteries, it won't happen as I always make sure I havve enough stock to cover, with back up suppliers, just in case.

Edinburgh build there team based on having a strong reserve and some middle order riders that can improve there average

They don't just sign Cookie and go from there

He was the 6th rider to put pen to paper for them this year

They build from the bottom.

Isn't that what I am saying, perhaps less direct

Yeah I was just being a bit more blunt :lol:

Edited by Hamster00

Barkers average isn’t even that excessive for a Number 1. It will take a hell of an argument to convince me that signing him is a bad idea, it is an argument that I haven’t read on here yet.

Barkers average isn’t even that excessive for a Number 1. It will take a hell of an argument to convince me that signing him is a bad idea, it is an argument that I haven’t read on here yet.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea I just think it's a better idea to build the team differently build it around riders that can improve there average

Edinburgh have seemed to build around Wolbert, Sedgmen and the reserves and then fit Cookie in from there rather than sign Cookie and work from there as we have done with Barker

Maybe it is just my perception of how they do it.

Maybe Barker was signed as one of the riders who can improve his average?

Do you actually need an excessive gain in average to win the league now, or have a good season? Berwick ended last season 4th, with a team average of 43.16, over the course of the season they didn’t even add a point to their team total.

Edited by sparkafag