British Speedway Forum
Arson fire

Newcastle 2015

you know the score mate :)

surely not until the match is finished tho :-)

NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY SUPPORTERS CLUB

Announcing our next evening event in March, 2015.

On Sunday 22nd March at the Corner House, Coast Road, Heaton, starting at 7.30pm, we are holding a MEET the RIDERS night, combined with a Fun Quiz. All the riders will be there and interviewed by George, in between the rounds of the Quiz. Always a great and popular night, so if you want to personally meet the riders after their earlier practice session, come along and it's FREE entry. Teams of 4 for the quiz with a small entry fee.

Be nice to see the return of the splendid turnout we had for the Race Night we had in January. And of course there is a raffle.

sounds good :-)

Edited by ruffdiamond

What about Ben Barker ?

he always misses the gate and finds it hard to pass on the bends at brough then normally ends up on the deck

Whilst we all await the 29th of March. You may just want to have a look at the Newcastle Speedway History website? http://www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk I have been running the Newcastle Speedway History Website since 2005..10 years, almost a life sentence! The website is already pretty big but I am always on the lookout for historical items, photos, memories etc to make it even bigger.

Please have a look at the website and if you have any pics/memories etc please get in touch, my contact details are on the History Website.

The 2015 team IMO look capable of sharing a lot of heats 3-3. We need some of our lads to win races especially heats 13 and 15 turning 3-3 into 4-2..Looking forward to the end of march and I hope the promoters get a boost from bigger turnouts through the turnstiles

• Like 3

first visit to this site. VERY interesting.

first visit to this site. VERY interesting.

Which site?

2 posts up..

Got you, thanks.

Does anyone know why Newcastle Speedway don't advertise in the NE1 magazine. All of the local sporting teams seem to have a mention under the sport section of the listings in the back of the magazine except the speedway. Looks like an opportunity missed in my eyes?? I think you can just email them @ listings@ne1magazine.co.uk, might be worth a punt what with the start of the season fast approaching and the magazine for March due out soon I believe.

• Like 1

Nice one DH - all publicity helps. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

David Rowland Newcastle Speedway

URGENT
We need a number of track workers for the 2015 season. Duties would be putting the dog track sheets down before a meeting, and taking them back up after the meeting. Also we need rakers/red flag marshals to work during the meeting. If you fancy seeing the Diamonds ride at Brough for FREE, message me on Facebook or on this BSF. Alternatively just turn up to the Track Staff meeting at Brough Park at 11.00am on Sunday 8th March. See you there.

While we await the new season I just thought I would tell you about one of my websites. I have been busy adding many new items to my http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk website. It is well worth a visit, I am told.

I am a Newcastle fan and I hope I will never have to add Brough Park as a defunct track to my website :o The website has hundreds of photos including some info from our other tracks at Gosforth and Whitley Bay. My friends Ex Diamonds Ivan Mauger and Dave Gifford have their own pages on the website. If you have any photos or programmes relevant to any defunct track please scan them and email me. Sorry for this "commercial" but maybe you will be interested. If not then my apologies for disturbing your winter hibernation! ;)

Will 2015 be a season we win some silverware? We may not have a Craig Cook as our number 1 but we have a number of riders battling for the number 1 slot. I think 2015 will be interesting and one or two riders will emerge as genuine heatleaders. Ludde is my favourite out of the bunch. I really hope he will prove the knockers wrong in 2015

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 2

While we await the new season I just thought I would tell you about one of my websites. I have been busy adding many new items to my http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk website. It is well worth a visit, I am told.

I am a Newcastle fan and I hope I will never have to add Brough Park as a defunct track to my website :o The website has hundreds of photos including some info from our other tracks at Gosforth and Whitley Bay. My friends Ex Diamonds Ivan Mauger and Dave Gifford have their own pages on the website. If you have any photos or programmes relevant to any defunct track please scan them and email me. Sorry for this "commercial" but maybe you will be interested. If not then my apologies for disturbing your winter hibernation! ;)

Will 2015 be a season we win some silverware? We may not have a Craig Cook as our number 1 but we have a number of riders battling for the number 1 slot. I think 2015 will be interesting and one or two riders will emerge as genuine heatleaders. Ludde is my favourite out of the bunch. I really hope he will prove the knockers wrong in 2015

Me too. :t::)

my feeling is that you will be spot on as I also ludde kicking on and get'n his av up to 8.8 by the end of the seas'n also anton will prove to be a much better rider this time round :approve:

my feeling is that you will be spot on as I also ludde kicking on and get'n his av up to 8.8 by the end of the seas'n also anton will prove to be a much better rider this time round :approve:

I see ludde kicking on

just a reminder to all diamonds fans,, with the seas'n just a few weeks away we will be running coaches / minibuses to various away meet's so as you's enter the stadium check our noticeboard for details on travel and all other events in the coming months starting with a quiz and raffle and meet the riders night on the 22nd of march from 7 pm at the corner house in heaton,, lets support the lads in 2015 and beyond.........................

• Like 1

David Rowland Newcastle Speedway

URGENT

We need a number of track workers for the 2015 season. Duties would be putting the dog track sheets down before a meeting, and taking them back up after the meeting. Also we need rakers/red flag marshals to work during the meeting. If you fancy seeing the Diamonds ride at Brough for FREE, message me on Facebook or on this BSF. Alternatively just turn up to the Track Staff meeting at Brough Park at 11.00am on Sunday 8th March. See you there.

Weather forecast is good for Sunday, so if those who are coming for the 11.00 staff meeting want to come for 9.30am, there's plenty of jobs to do.

See you all there.