British Speedway Forum
Arson fire

Newcastle 2015

no 'out and out' number 1,,, won't work :-)

I reckon Bjerre could be a good enough number 1.. But where is Robbo in that team? o.O

Edited by DIAMONDS

Well having an out and out Number one in Danny King didn't work either

I reckon Bjerre could be a good enough number 1.. But where is Robbo in that team? o.O

he probly could,,,

Well having an out and out Number one in Danny King didn't work either

back to square 1 then,,,

It's going to be an interesting winter (again). Every year the sport seems to be at a crisis point and as ever there seems to be doubts over several Elite and some Premier clubs continuing either at all or in their current league so probably not that much point in predicting a 2015 side until all is clear on the 2015 set-up.

Has though been a disappointing season for the Diamonds. No problem at all with the side we started with but it was a side that needed a couple to emerge as genuine heat leaders as Ludvig was always going to struggle at number 1. I think perhaps that was expected but it was probably hoped that Anton Rosen and maybe Lewis K would the two most likely to fill the void. However Lewis struggled early on and Anton never looked like making the immediate step up. It's ironic that Lewis K found his form soon after we made the changes and had he started like that it may never have happened. That's no blame to him as he ended up having another fine season. It's just one of those things.

I said at the time though that the change was only worth making if it included Robert Lambert. If there was a mistake made it was perhaps committing to the change without getting firm assurances from the BSPA first. With no Lambert and Rose having to move up prematurely, we always looked like struggling from there on in. As it happens I've been slightly disappointed by Danny King's form around Brough where he has not looked as formidable as I expected although to be fair he has scored well and at times carried the side on the road.

As for the rest of the side, Robbo has been solid. He's not the rider he was 3 or 4 years ago but is a good third heat leader and a superb team man and I wouldn't have a problem with him returning as long as that's his role and he's not pushed up to 1 or 5. Ludvig has been..well Ludvig. At times absolutely brilliant and at others absolutely awful. The criticism he gets from one or two is rediculous in my opinion and not backed up by facts but having said that he's been here a good while now and hasn't really progressed into the rider he should be given his ability so I would be tempted to look elsewhere as we need riders who can improve and ultimately it's been another, 'more of the same' kind of year from Lude.

Both Lewis' have been excellent I was very impressed by Lewis Rose although he has had more than his fair share of knocks. Would be delighted to have both back but I guess they'll both have plenty of options, some of which might be closer to home.

I personally don't want a very average foreign rider like the Glasgow rider (no disrespect) coming in on a 3. We have done very well giving young British riders opportunities in recent years (Newman, Kerr, Rose) so I would like us to go down that route again if possible. A strong reserve pairing is very important in this league, our reserves have been very good around Brough this year but poor away so a good reserve who can score home and away would be handy.

Supsect Danny King will end up elsewhere so could be a very different looking Diamonds side that lines-up in March.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 2

I'm a little disappointed to hear some fans criticism of Robbo. I understand the fans frustration at the disappointing season, but don't look to Robbo as being a rider who let you down - far from it, the lad is the leading point scorer (all meetings included) with over 350 points scored, and he has scored the most bonus points also. So he has scored more points than any other Diamond this season. Also I believe he is worth another point or two to the team for his work in the pits as Captain, and leading by example helping team mates etc. His points total may well have been higher were it not for his unselfish team riding, how many times have we seen him ride "shotgun" to his team mate.

"The Mackem"

• Like 4

Can't say I've heard too much criticism of Robbo. Always worth the admission money. Robbo riding round on his own is exciting!! I'd certainly welcome him back next year.

He can not be considered a #1 or #5 any longer though.

id only be disappointed if we lost Kerr...and to a lesser extent Rose, if he was at reserve... The rest are much of a muchness who havent pulled up any trees.

• Like 1

I'm a little disappointed to hear some fans criticism of Robbo. I understand the fans frustration at the disappointing season, but don't look to Robbo as being a rider who let you down - far from it, the lad is the leading point scorer (all meetings included) with over 350 points scored, and he has scored the most bonus points also. So he has scored more points than any other Diamond this season. Also I believe he is worth another point or two to the team for his work in the pits as Captain, and leading by example helping team mates etc. His points total may well have been higher were it not for his unselfish team riding, how many times have we seen him ride "shotgun" to his team mate.

"The Mackem"

Exactly..

Can't say I've heard too much criticism of Robbo. Always worth the admission money. Robbo riding round on his own is exciting!! I'd certainly welcome him back next year.

He can not be considered a #1 or #5 any longer though.

I agree with all of this..

id only be disappointed if we lost Kerr...and to a lesser extent Rose, if he was at reserve... The rest are much of a muchness who havent pulled up any trees.

I would definitely have Robbo back over any of the other riders to be honest..

Kerr is a must and I would like to think that Rose done enough to warrant a return. Like Arson not too bothered about the rest. I think if Lambert was allowed to come we might have had the season Edinburgh have had although we will never know. Interesting Winter ahead and I think some big decisions have to be made.

• Like 1

Exactly..

I agree with all of this..

I would definitely have Robbo back over any of the other riders to be honest..

Im not fussed, nice bloke, good in the pits, good to watch.... But not getting or going to get much better....

I love watching robbo but, dont get me wrong... But i wouldnt be fussed if he didnt come back next season tbh.

Im not fussed, nice bloke, good in the pits, good to watch.... But not getting or going to get much better....

I love watching robbo but, dont get me wrong... But i wouldnt be fussed if he didnt come back next season tbh.

Well I hope Robbo is back next year also the two Lewises preferably with Lewis Rose at Reserve with Simon Neilsen.

Have a feeling that next year's team won't be a million miles away from this year's one

hope not,,, unless were getting a new stadium ;-)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Have a feeling that next year's team won't be a million miles away from this year's one

Same here think most of the team will be back - hope I'm wrong but we shall see - I wasn't impressed with the starting line up last year (before and after the changes) as just not enough heat winners in the team and that always results in problems especially on away tracks.

Well if Robbo, King and Kerr leave - who will be Number One?

Over to you RD.