British Speedway Forum

The team to beat IMO.

lots of potential i agree, but Steady is the only one who you know what your going to get with.... Birks, poole and proctor all have had bad injurys and in birks and proctors case they didnt really come back well, sissis could be anything, bates needs to progress, bellego can beat anyone on his day but also get beat off anyone and stead will get double figures just about everywhere.

If the click they could run away with it, but its a canny big if imo.

• Like 3

lots of potential i agree, but Steady is the only one who you know what your going to get with.... Birks, poole and proctor all have had bad injurys and in birks and proctors case they didnt really come back well, sissis could be anything, bates needs to progress, bellego can beat anyone on his day but also get beat off anyone and stead will get double figures just about everywhere.

If the click they could run away with it, but its a canny big if imo.

Well i don't see many teams as good TBH, and if Sissis kicks on like everyone says he will he will fighting it out for an heat leader spot, also lets not forget Bates has only been riding PL 1 year fully and only been riding Speedway 3 years so there shouldn't be any pressure on him.

Glasgow maybe, but a lot depends on their reserves, James Sargent had 6 half decent weeks in the EL at the end of the season so a lot to prove, i believe this will be his 7th season riding in speedway so lets hope it doesn't take another 7 to progress to the next step. and Victor raspberry Pavolova needs to step up but if they do they will be a force.

Somerset have an illegal team so they will have to lose someone more than likely be Ritchie or Holder.

Edinburgh have 2 big gambles at reserve also and also taking a gamble on wolbert as he was poor last year

Workington are taking a gamble with Hanson at number 1 but if that gamble pays off they will be up there.

Scunthorpe will be hard to beat at their track especially when Davis gets dialled in, again though big gamble on the reserves

So every team and riders are potentially a gamble if you analyse every team, so we will have to wait and see

Newcastle are the team to beat. Just look at that lineup.

Awesome.

Newcastle are the team to beat. Just look at that lineup.

Awesome.

Do you know what it is then? :unsure:

Yes its:

Lewis Kerr

Lewis Rose

A N Other

A N Other

A N Other

A N Other

and our hot Danish prospect

A N Andre

Team to beat I believe, loads of potential on paper and if A N Other lives up to expectations I believe he will average in excess of 10.50. :t:

:D:D :D

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Like 1

Very impressive line up at Sheffield next year! Wilson can feel slightly hard done by as he did very well at the back end of last season. Would of been him or Bates for me but its all about averages and I can see Bates improving for a few years yet.

Hopefully will be able to get to as many meetings at Owlerton as possible.

You would certainly think with that with this line up there is plenty of fire power to win at home, its going to be those away trips that will make or break it to whether it will be a play off side or not.

Roll on Ricky's BIG day in march!

• Like 1

We'll just put Lewis and Lewis out 15 times each.

• Like 1

Well i don't see many teams as good TBH, and if Sissis kicks on like everyone says he will he will fighting it out for an heat leader spot, also lets not forget Bates has only been riding PL 1 year fully and only been riding Speedway 3 years so there shouldn't be any pressure on him.

Glasgow maybe, but a lot depends on their reserves, James Sargent had 6 half decent weeks in the EL at the end of the season so a lot to prove, i believe this will be his 7th season riding in speedway so lets hope it doesn't take another 7 to progress to the next step. and Victor raspberry Pavolova needs to step up but if they do they will be a force.

Somerset have an illegal team so they will have to lose someone more than likely be Ritchie or Holder.

Edinburgh have 2 big gambles at reserve also and also taking a gamble on wolbert as he was poor last year

Workington are taking a gamble with Hanson at number 1 but if that gamble pays off they will be up there.

Scunthorpe will be hard to beat at their track especially when Davis gets dialled in, again though big gamble on the reserves

So every team and riders are potentially a gamble if you analyse every team, so we will have to wait and see

Sarjeant did well most of the year acquitted himself very well stuck at it where did your six week theory come from? surely you did not expect more from him.? Edited by sidney

Sarjeant surely just flattered from racing against other average PL riders mostly. Done nothing up til now in the PL, really not sure where the hype has come from.

Bates , NGE

Poole , is he fit and is his dad over for the season cos he was average either side of his dad being over

Sissis , never had a competitive race on a 500cc

The potential is there ... But so are the question marks.

• Like 3

Sarjeant surely just flattered from racing against other average PL riders mostly. Done nothing up til now in the PL, really not sure where the hype has come from.

No hype he has just progressed which has to be good dosent't it? this rule should of been brought into the PL English lads getting a clear run in the team.Still we have the likes of Dilger,Edberg(ect) taking up spots,it is not right going back to Sarjeant who has hyped him up?.I have not heard any Coventry fans say it Havelock made a comment and he said he was pleased with his progress.
  • Like 1

I'd say Peterborough are looking more than capable of challenging for honours

In other words, if he 'does the business' in heats 2 and 8 (against those he was riding against in the EL) and picks up the scraps in his other outing(s) you're looking at 5 or 6 points minimum. Job done if that were to be the case.

• Like 3

I know it is just a one off but Sarj genuinely beat Scott Nicholls late on last season and was a threat at very least to the top draft riders (he beat Newman at Poole remember). He also started the season well, so it was not for 6 weeks. He started well then had a month of knocks in the NL and slowed a little (but still did well) before ending with a relative bang. He will get 4 with ease IMO and should be looking at nearer 6. Even on a bad day he generally score a couple of points though, his form was to plod steadily and then throw in a great ride.