British Speedway Forum

Can see Lawson to us! Yeah?

It is looking likely he will be based with the other Tigers across the border from what we hear.

It is looking likely he will be based with the other Tigers across the border from what we hear.

Keep hearing Glasgow but not happened yet! Can't see the sense in that move for him, specially if Sheffield want him?

Keep hearing Glasgow but not happened yet! Can't see the sense in that move for him, specially if Sheffield want him?

Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it not going to happen.

According to the Sheffield Star, Josh Bates has signed up for another season at Owlerton.

Josh Bates has rejected interest from several rival Premier League clubs to stay with Sheffield.

And the Barnsley boy insists hes not just doing it to keep it in the family after doing a deal with co-promoter Damien Bates, his uncle.

Bates is in for a busy season riding for Tigers and also Wolverhampton in the Elite League after he was selected by the West Midlands side in the draft system last week.

The British Under 21 Champion is current in Australia where he is spending time on the bike preparing for next season.

And he said: Im delighted to be back with Sheffield, but its not just because of the family connection, I wanted to go back there purely as a speedway rider.

I feel Ive got a point to prove, I know I can improve and there were other clubs who asked about me Im told.

But staying with Sheffield was always the best option for me and I want to underline to people that I have what it takes to become a very good speedway rider.

Sheffield is a great venue and a great track and I hope to get better and better as the season progresses. Its going to be an exciting season, Im so excited about riding for Wolverhampton as well and hopefully in between matches I can get some more regular training and testing in.

Of course its nice that members of my family are involved at Sheffield but I always said I want to prove what a good rider I can be without that pressure and Im looking forward to it.

Damien Bates, who is preparing for his second season with the club after a late winter takeover, wants to ease the pressure on his nephew.

We had a long chat with Josh about the family thing and riding at Sheffield and its no big deal, he said.

Believe me, we havent just handed the lad a team place because of his surname, we saw good progress in his riding last year and of course he won the British title which was great.

Hes got an exciting style and Im sure he will get better as the season goes on. Wolverhampton are delighted to have him on board in the Elite League and so are we in the Premier.

We are hoping for more rider news in the very near future.

Edited by Blackadder

Bates is the boy for Tigers ! , Personally I'm pleased with this signing and how the new team is shaping up. Going to be very interesting to see who the final three riders are. I have a feeling Proctor will be in the side, hoping we can strike a deal for Sissis too, although I wouldn't say no to Covatti at reserve.

Can anyone see Ben Wilson or Compton returning ? A work friend of mine seems to think we will track a certain Richard Hall at reserve.

Either way I feel this team will be hard to beat at Owlerton.

Really don't want to see Hall in the team if i'm honest. According to the Panthers supporters, he would struggle to hold down a NL berth

Would like to see Proctor and Ben in the team if possible.

So many permutations that I can't see which way it will end up....

Personally I think we're lookin at a team of

Simon Stead 9.96

Ty Proctor 6.27

David Bellego 6.06

Taylor Poole 6.05

Arthur Sissis 5.00

Josh Bates 3.44

• Like 1

Personally I think we're lookin at a team of

Simon Stead 9.96

Ty Proctor 6.27

David Bellego 6.06

Taylor Poole 6.05

Arthur Sissis 5.00

Josh Bates 3.44

Hope not we will only have six riders :cry:

• Like 2

What a patronising post this is just because Sheffield want him then why go to Glasgow is that seriously what you mean, If so that is even more smug than some off the post's from the Monarchs fans difference there though they could be smug as there team were winning everything can't see why you are though.

What a patronising post this is just because Sheffield want him then why go to Glasgow is that seriously what you mean, If so that is even more smug than some off the post's from the Monarchs fans difference there though they could be smug as there team were winning everything can't see why you are though.

One in every village I am afraid.

Most Sheffield know and except that Richie is going to Glasgow, and with Simon Stead staying at the club is not on the right average whether he wanted to come or were desperate to come.

But I am sure that he will be raging success for our Scottish cousins.

• Like 1