British Speedway Forum

That potentially is a very very good signing.

He was highly rated a while back when he was in the junior scene,could be a good signing...

Perhaps if you would explained things better then the patronising comment might not have been made.

Lots of reasons for Lawson signing for Glasgow.

Family connections.

Likes the Glasgow track as much as the Sheffield track.

A very good deal (money)

My comment certainly wasn't as patronising as your 'one in every village' one.....very disappointing!

My comment certainly wasn't as patronising as your 'one in every village' one.....very disappointing!

Like I say if you had explained yourself better then the comment would not have been used.

For my part I apologize for the comment and move on and celebrate the new signing.

• Like 2

Only 12 points left for the remaining two riders, one of whom needs to be a heatleader.

Stead 9.96

Bates 3.44

Birks 5.68

Bellego 6.06

Sissis 5.00

Total 30.14

Leaves us with 12. 36

Proctor 6.27

Poole 6.05

Total 12.32

Bates get a reduction on his average due to British/ Experience.

A team that is under the just, but under the limit.

Right! Let me put the record straight!

Patronising?

Richard always performs well at Owlerton and has always made it clear he loves the place, doesn't live a million miles away, and nearly joined us last year, (if Steady hadn't put pen to paper then it was nailed on, fact).

He probably will join you up there, good luck to him. My point was simple, loves our place, lives close, get my point now?

Spin king...enlighten me on your comment!

Well if you had explained it like this i would not have made the patronising comment if you read your original post and the way it has been posted and think about the way you have said it and you can honestly tell me that it doesn't sound patronising then i stand by the comment as it does sound very patronising.

As for Spin King's comment he has read it the same way i did in your first post and came to the same conclusion he has reflected on it and has been big enough to apologise I on the other hand did and still do think that your original post was very patronising against Glasgow.

any new signings must have a surname starting with the letters B or S.

• Like 2

Read some where that as a junior Sissis was considered a better rider than Darcy Ward when at the same age! So he sounds a very good prospect, but will he reach his potential? Only time will tell. Now really looking forward to the start of the new season and some decent weather.

Looks like the last two will be Proctor and Poole, but will be dependant on Pooles' fitness after his bad break. Understand he has now returned home intending to get himself ready for next year. Be good to see him back as he was a pleasure to watch this year.

Edited by Steve55

and possibly P ???

• Like 1

If you need a P, you'd best go to the toilet...

Think Sissis is a gamble on a 5 when he probably hasn't sat on a speedway bike for a couple of years. If he can live up to his potential though, could be a very astute signing

Well that signing alone has possibly just won Sheffield the league. And probably gained them a 30k asset.

Tobias Busch :)

Edited by MonarchsMitchy