British Speedway Forum

Yes Sissis is a very good signing and as long as he can stay fit I believe he could go all the way. I remember last time he was riding over here before he signed for Red Bull moto team he was very good and is a natural on a bike.

• Like 1

Has he signed as a full asset ?

When he has made so many appearances he will automatically..

That potentially is a very very good signing.

Hope the club have deep pockets, or lots of potential sponsors.Talented junior so will be interested to see how he handles a 500.

Junior

Was without doubt the most talented junior during his time on the 125's in Australia. Followed that on with Aussie title on 350cc bikes (after racing road racing all year), then left speedway. If he fulfils his potential he will be sensational. However he's got some serious catching up to do.

If hes as good as the hype the lad will be awesome.I think we should not expect too much and don't put him under too much pressure.He wont have seen half the tracks let alone rode them.Good luck to the lad I hope it works out well for both him and the team .Looking forward to the season already.

• Like 1

Don't think Sissis has had much if any experience on a 500cc up until this summer. Will need plenty of practice over our winter but is in the right place to get it. A signing that any fan would have welcomed for their side. Hope Sheffield don't break themselves financially though with the deal.

Arthur Sissis it is! :drink:

That is the signing of the winter. No matter who else is announced where. Under 16 Aussie champion when he was 11 or 12 and beat Darcy Ward to the title. I'm not sure how he qualifies for a work permit though as is there not a rule about being in the top four in a State championship? Maybe he's planning on winning the Aussie title in January 😄

What a signing that is. Well done sheffield promotion. Team is looking very good

This lad will go very very far

Australian Arthur Sissis showed up on the racing radar screen in 2011 in his second season of the Red Bull Rookies Cup. Born in Adelaide, Australia on July 15, 1995, he first raced at aged 7, winning many junior titles in a range of riding disciplines. He was first selected for the Red Bull Rookies Cup in 2009. In 2011 he was a podium regular and challenged Lorenzo Baldassari for the title in the final race. His efforts clinched him a place in the Red Bull KTM Ajo team for 2012, with which he scored his maiden podium at his home race in Phillip Island. He remained with the team for 2013 but did not get the results he wanted and this season he will try his luck again, this time with Mahindra Racing.

Certainly has good pedigree in Moto GP3, now to see if he can ride the shale track as well.

Congratulations - an excellent signing.

Read some where that as a junior Sissis was considered a better rider than Darcy Ward when at the same age!

Like David Howe, Lewis Bridger, Savalas Clouting... were compared to Mike Lee!

But seriously even though he has only ridden the odd speedway meeting (South Australian Championship three years ago being the most recent I could find) he should turn out to be the real deal.

That said when I saw him as a 13 year-old (when he was already being hyped as a future world champion) I was more impressed by a younger rider - whatever happened to Max Fricke?

Don't think Sissis has had much if any experience on a 500cc up until this summer. Will need plenty of practice over our winter but is in the right place to get it. A signing that any fan would have welcomed for their side. Hope Sheffield don't break themselves financially though with the deal.

Hence my comment previously , if its costing what ive heard, its a big number.

Hasnt shown at any meetings in australia so far, wouldnt be able to ride in australian titles either.

Hard to compare him to Darcy, riding a 125 is a fair but different to a 500.

Junior

I remember him doing a few second half`s at armadale on matt wethers bike rode the track very well