British Speedway Forum

I'd go Ash at 2, heat one would be his due to his gating, with Steady team riding.

Then heat 8 would be his too, having said that if I reckon when Ash gets going he'll have no choice but to be at least third heat leader.

For me it's Poole at 2 and Birks at 4. Proctor at 5 - if he's up to it in March, if not Bellago until he gets some kind of form. A bit like last season really, he wasn't up to riding at 5 when he first came into the team and was under too much pressure to perform, IMO. That's how I'd start off and see how things progress after the first half dozen meetings or so.

Sure that Mr. Lee will have his own ideas and he's the man who has the final say.

For me it's Poole at 2 and Birks at 4. Proctor at 5 - if he's up to it in March, if not Bellago until he gets some kind of form. A bit like last season really, he wasn't up to riding at 5 when he first came into the team and was under too much pressure to perform, IMO. That's how I'd start off and see how things progress after the first half dozen meetings or so.

Sure that Mr. Lee will have his own ideas and he's the man who has the final say.

Skinnerrrrrrrr! Is that u

From Rod Colquhoun:-

Injured Umina based flyer Taylor Poole hopes to be back on a bike in early February as he continues to recover from a broken femur. He says he’s generally in good health but the extra time off will help his leg to heal properly.

I'd go Ash at 2, heat one would be his due to his gating, with Steady team riding.

Then heat 8 would be his too, having said that if I reckon when Ash gets going he'll have no choice but to be at least third heat leader.

that would be a shock

• Like 1

Don't think Ash will need anyone to team ride him at Owlerton

I think that as captain, and with his experience and capabilities, Simon should instill a team riding mentality across the whole team. Paul Rickitt said in a recent Speedway Star that he should look round more often.

I think that as captain, and with his experience and capabilities, Simon should instill a team riding mentality across the whole team. Paul Rickitt said in a recent Speedway Star that he should look round more often.

The only time he looks round is after the race to see where his team mate has finished, he gets a stiff neck turning round when he is racing

it is his one fault, abandoning his team mates to look after themselves

Edited by The Third Man

The only time he looks round is after the race to see where his team mate has finished, he gets a stiff neck turning round when he is racing

He certainly hasn't doany team riding from my knowledge since he came back to the club.

But I remember Doug Wyer been the same when he rode at number 1.

I think certain riders can team ride and some can to be fair with the way Steady rides I don't think I would want to try and team ride with him,

• Like 1

To be fair, team riding in speedway (ala Morton/Collins and Moran Bros style) is a bit of a lost art these days.

To be fair, team riding in speedway (ala Morton/Collins and Moran Bros style) is a bit of a lost art these days.

Only lost because riders wont try it

Remember Andre and Benji, the best piece of team riding i have ever seen, Andre had to just about stop on every corner to protect Benji

• Like 1

Remember Andre and Benji, the best piece of team riding i have ever seen, Andre had to just about stop on every corner to protect Benji

I agree, that was the best team ride I've ever seen and ever likely to see, a masterclass in speedway from Andre.

i think if i was riding with benji, i would have to stop on every corner..