British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Poole Pirates Mon 29th

Wow Gater1 your logics are strange! Craig Cook ride in the World Cup last year and did poorly but was in the 5 riders this year. He has represented his country on the gp stage. He has finished 4th and 2nd in the last 2 British Finals. That in anyone's world makes him an international! So in your mind the only internationals we have are Tai Harris and Nicholls. Kennett, Barker King Bridger Stead are also internationals! Lambert isn't as he hasn't represented his country at senior level. It's like saying a footballer isn't an international if he only has one cap when quite clearly he is!

• Like 1

Personally i too would have preferred a postponement despite having travelled a long way, riding on a track like that is never good but in my opinion most of my visits in the last couple of years have been gate and go so the track may have not been the leveller you think but still would have been nice to see some battles and a bit of passing.

Maybe.. maybe not. Unfortunately we'll never know ;)

• Like 1

Gavan for the record Cook Pulled out of the SWC this year and was replaced by Richie Worrall on the day - he may have represented his country but that does not make him the second best rider in Team GB...............Simon Stead and Danny King are far better on their day.........

As for young Lambert..........I will reserve judgement until I have seen him ride live.........was working late both times Lynn were at Poole this season...........

RP

Not getting steamed up about it I just don't understand all the praise

No you are wrong.

1 meeting doesn't make you Britain's number 2.

Cook is not an international rider.

Cook rode in 1 meeting and poorly I might add and then Cookie got dumped.

No, I'm not wrong.

It's a FACT.

It makes zero difference how much you troll, stamp your feet or act like an attention seeking child, Craig Cook is British Number 2 and an International.

Gavan for the record Cook Pulled out of the SWC this year and was replaced by Richie Worrall on the day - he may have represented his country but that does not make him the second best rider in Team GB...............Simon Stead and Danny King are far better on their day.........

As for young Lambert..........I will reserve judgement until I have seen him ride live.........was working late both times Lynn were at Poole this season...........

RP

Many riders can be 'better on their day' than others.... but that is irrelevant. What matters is what they do on the right day.

In this case, the British Final. Craig Cook was 2nd, so is the British Number 2.

Leigh Adams was far better than Nicki Pedersen on his day.. however Nicki Pedersen was World No 1 3 times, Leigh Adams wasn't.

• Like 1

No, I'm not wrong.

It's a FACT.

It makes zero difference how much you troll, stamp your feet or act like an attention seeking child, Craig Cook is British Number 2 and an International.

Many riders can be 'better on their day' than others.... but that is irrelevant. What matters is what they do on the right day.

In this case, the British Final. Craig Cook was 2nd, so is the British Number 2.

Leigh Adams was far better than Nicki Pedersen on his day.. however Nicki Pedersen was World No 1 3 times, Leigh Adams wasn't.

He may have been second in the British Final but if he is the second best rider in Britain why was he not in the SWC team proper and not at reserve and then pulled out............

RP

• Like 1

He may have been second in the British Final but if he is the second best rider in Britain why was he not in the SWC team proper and not at reserve and then pulled out............

RP

The claim was he is British number 2. He was 2nd in the British final so that claim is true. Nobody has said he is Britains second best rider, thats something else. But his EL average and British final result would say that along with Bomber and Scott he could stake a claim to it.

1 cap doesn't make you an international.

:drink:

Believe what you want at the end of the day Woffinden, Harris, Nicholls, Stead & King are all ahead of Cook.

1 good meeting doesn't mean your Britain's number 2.

Yes it does.

And again yes it does, just not in your trolling world.

You're arguing against facts, which means only one thing, you're trolling. Again.

:drink:

Believe what you want at the end of the day Woffinden, Harris, Nicholls, Stead & King are all ahead of Cook.

1 good meeting doesn't mean your Britain's number 2.

stop talking out of your arse!

of course one cap makes you an international!!! what planet you on????

The title British Number Two is held this season by Craig Cook.

Maybe in your world we should rewrite history

In 1973 Jerzy whatever his name isn't World Champion because it was a one off and quite clearly Mauger was the better rider.

Leigh Adams never one a world title but in my eyes he is a better rider than Mark Loram was.

Andy Smith should never have been british Champion 3 times in a row when quite clearly riders like Havelock Screen Louis and Loram were around who were better

Yes King and Stead and Harris and Nicholls will beat Cook as much as he beats them and personally I cant stand Cook

But face facts and stop your trolling its quite pathetic

stop talking out of your arse!

In 1973 Jerzy whatever his name isn't World Champion because it was a one off and quite clearly Mauger was the better rider.

This is an endless debate in a way because there will also be a wouldashouldacoulda. This rider won this meeting on this day. This rider rode better this track all his life and took advantage of a championship he was in on this track. This rider had this tuner for 6 months and won more GPs then a rider who averaged 3 points more per league meeting.

But history remains the same. Fact is Jerzy was World Champion even though the smart opinion would say he wasn't the best rider the whole year.

Just some big Robert up so much so I compared Robert to Bartosz's ability at the age of 16.

I agree and I have stated many of time that I think Lambert is a good rider but I have also stated that Robert is over rated.

I agree but 1 good ride a meeting is not good enough because it puts so much pressure on the big boys.

I think Robert has done ok but nothing special as I pointed out the other day you only need to beat FTR's to score 4 points a meeting as a second string. Also yes Robert has improved his average but near enough every second string rider has improved there averages and have now some have become heat leaders. With that evidence it sais to me that its easy to win second string races.

Robert will never be as good as Woffy in fact I don't even think Robert will get to Chris Harris's level.

You cant compare the two anyway because Zmarzlik rode as a protected reserve and Lambert rode in the main body.

As already stated Zmarzlik is STILL inconsistent. He scored 3 a couple of weeks back despite his heroics on the World stage.

I don't think anyone is comparing riders or should do either.

Having had the pleasure to watch Lambert i see a very special talent emerging. If he continues to develop as he is he will quickly become GB`s no2 rider (in the next 2 seasons) IMHO.

The only comparison you can make of Bart and Lambert is they have had some stunning rides this year that belie their age.

Yes it does. You have to score well you just have to have been selected.

Facts i am afraid that cant be argued.

With Woffinden being world champion and Harris also in the GP they are Britain's #1 & #2 I'd have thought?

Alternatively if you look at the top 20 EL averages for 2014 Harris is top Brit followed by Nicholls then Woffy, Bridger, Lawson & Stead. Cook isn't even mentioned.

Cook finishing 2nd in the British Final means just that - he was 2nd in the British Final, nothing else - it's hardly an indication of rank!

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 3

........ I thought this was a KL v Poole thread ?????

• Like 3

It'll come back lol

Question is, is Charles Wright gonna be fit for Monday?

Edited by Trees

It'll come back lol

Don't see any reason why not, a bit sore and bruised but nothing broken and i am sure he would like to prove he is at least as good as Kyle Newman who also missed his last meeting.

It'll come back lol

Maybe better asked on one of the Poole v Kings Lynn threads?! :D