British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Life Of Tai - Monday Nights Off?

I was watching the life of Tai last week, which offered a great insight into his racing and I was shocked at the amount of travel and lack of sleep he (and many of the top boys) must have to go through. I guess perhaps emphasised by the fact he had to take time out this year due to exhaustion.

For Tai's sake, if he was able/allowed, would he not be better off riding for a midweek track to give himself an extra 24 hour break between Poland and Sweden most weeks?

* Before starting this I have no idea on contracts and who owns his contract to race in the UK or how moving to another track is conducted. Also, sorry Wolves fans.

Tai is one of, our only British talent, and it would be a shame to see him burn out if moving from Monday night racing to a midweek track was a possibility. That would give him some free Monday's to minimise possible burn out. (I assume he is not riding in Denmark?)

Just a thought.... I am sure I am forgetting something obvious, but his lack of sleep between Poland, Wolves and Sweden surprised me.

I was watching the life of Tai last week, which offered a great insight into his racing and I was shocked at the amount of travel and lack of sleep he (and many of the top boys) must have to go through. I guess perhaps emphasised by the fact he had to take time out this year due to exhaustion.

For Tai's sake, if he was able/allowed, would he not be better off riding for a midweek track to give himself an extra 24 hour break between Poland and Sweden most weeks?

* Before starting this I have no idea on contracts and who owns his contract to race in the UK or how moving to another track is conducted. Also, sorry Wolves fans.

Tai is one of, our only British talent, and it would be a shame to see him burn out if moving from Monday night racing to a midweek track was a possibility. That would give him some free Monday's to minimise possible burn out. (I assume he is not riding in Denmark?)

Just a thought.... I am sure I am forgetting something obvious, but his lack of sleep between Poland, Wolves and Sweden surprised me.

I think most if not all of the top riders would prefer Wed/Thur/Fri schedule in Britain. Gives them a break every 2-3 days.

But few weeks ago Tai was saying in press he thinks all Elite League tracks should ride on Mondays!

• Like 3

Id like elite league to run on one specific night maybe monday all have proven they can ride mondays by sky meetings.

They wouldnt need to change schedule.

Ride each other once home and away giving riders not as many meetings to come over for.

Bring back the elite KOC for some more racing for fans maybe ridden every so often instead of all at once.

Bit logical for me anyone think this could work?

Also with not as many meetings might tempt a couple of big riders back, maybe increase pts limit for the top 5 ? Or seperate pts limit for hestleaders and second strings would be cool IMO

Boot this prat out of british speedway - if he was a foreigner hed get slated left right and centre

Poles who miss el meetings get slated but usually because their riding in poland, same with swedes so whats woffidens excuse?

Showed zero commitment to wolves this season - get rid .

• Like 1

But few weeks ago Tai was saying in press he thinks all Elite League tracks should ride on Mondays!

As an old Spanish saying goes...."...there's a different song to sing each day..."

Boot this prat out of british speedway - if he was a foreigner hed get slated left right and centre

Poles who miss el meetings get slated but usually because their riding in poland, same with swedes so whats woffidens excuse?

That's an interesting suggestion.....!

Edited by Guest

That's an interesting suggestion.....!

Its a usual suggestion unfortunately.

If he give wolves 100 percent this year they should be looking for a replacement as nearly two points off a number ones average is disgraceful

That's always been the life for many many speedway riders and is nothing new. In days gone by there were also less frequent flights and more driving with that often being done by the rider as well! The important thing to remember is that nobody forces them to do this - they sign the contracts and want the reward so have to deal with what that entails. I cannot feel sorry for them.

• Like 3

All No. 1's averages have dipped this year. Tsi started slowly but got better. Same thing for Poole with Darcy as the heat leaders don't face as many rides against the 2nd strings& reserves

All No. 1's averages have dipped this year. Tsi started slowly but got better. Same thing for Poole with Darcy as the heat leaders don't face as many rides against the 2nd strings& reserves

Tais didn't dip slightly. Im not sure it "got better2 either. He was crap in the EL but managed to do ok in the GP, Sweden and Poland.

With fans like you, I would encourage him to walk away. What about last year when he rode through pain to be fair to his clubs?

• Like 1

No they haven't. Iversen and Doyle have.

Id like elite league to run on one specific night maybe monday all have proven they can ride mondays by sky meetings.

They wouldnt need to change schedule.

Ride each other once home and away giving riders not as many meetings to come over for.

Bring back the elite KOC for some more racing for fans maybe ridden every so often instead of all at once.

Bit logical for me anyone think this could work?

Also with not as many meetings might tempt a couple of big riders back, maybe increase pts limit for the top 5 ? Or seperate pts limit for hestleaders and second strings would be cool IMO

Of course it would not work. . Half the people would not go to the matches on a Monday night when live speedway is on Sky. Even Belle Vue do not want to ride on a Monday night.

Then what do you do when somebody gets injured. Take last mondays match of Belle Vue v Peterborough. Who do you suggest replace Neils Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre.

Of course it would not work. . Half the people would not go to the matches on a Monday night when live speedway is on Sky. Even Belle Vue do not want to ride on a Monday night.

Then what do you do when somebody gets injured. Take last mondays match of Belle Vue v Peterborough. Who do you suggest replace Neils Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre.

Except it already does work.