British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Interesting about Dugard and Cottham, Very convenient that Martin Dugard had a 3rd bike in the pits that was fitted for Gary at Mildenhall, I am surprised that the Dugards are thinking so far in advance, i did see cottaham at Kent last week maybe he was going to get a ride there and because of Daves Masons crash he never got a ride because of the Curfew, I bet Len Silver will be mad another local boy has gone to Eastbourne. I am sure there are a lot of kids out there who love to ride but dont have the equipment or the help that Eastbourne are offering.

Time to win some silverware. #eagles

Interesting about Dugard and Cottham, Very convenient that Martin Dugard had a 3rd bike in the pits that was fitted for Gary at Mildenhall, I am surprised that the Dugards are thinking so far in advance, i did see cottaham at Kent last week maybe he was going to get a ride there and because of Daves Masons crash he never got a ride because of the Curfew, I bet Len Silver will be mad another local boy has gone to Eastbourne. I am sure there are a lot of kids out there who love to ride but dont have the equipment or the help that Eastbourne are offering.

Time to win some silverware. #eagles

Kent losing out to Eastbourne (again).

Young Dugard seems to be quick off the mark. Kent should have thought about both Hopwood and Cottham and given them a go.

Agree, top hat cat, time to win some silverware #eagles

When was the last time? 2008?

Some trophies on show at the awards night at the Amex would look cool.

Edited by Richard Weston

Young Dugard seems to be quick off the mark. Kent should have thought about both Hopwood and Cottham and given them a go.

2008 with British team leeRichardson?? Edited by Alex2000

I was there for that one. I thought the performance in the 2nd leg was even better than the beating they gave poole in the home leg. more of the same to come will be sweet regardless of what level they race at. I'm surprised that any one is surprised after all pitstop warned everyone a month ago.

Did anyone see the speedway on Sky last night? Match was rained off so they reviewed sky sports speedway since they stated filming in 1999.

I nice little section on 2000 and Eastie winning the league against KL at Arlington. It was fantastic re-living that, Floppy, Deano, Petri Kokko etc

Its has made me want Silverware more than ever for our boys this year and most importantly the NL title. And with this season, at least we can really feel that the Management want it as well.

Makes you laugh when you think back to the' no stone left unturned' comments of the past. It now seems that we get an injured rider and the first stone that Conner/Martin turn over has a little gem underneath.

One thing I do hope is that if we do win the title, EVERONE, that has pulled on a Eagles race suit this season, is there to enjoy it with us. David, Danny and whoever is on the side lines should be there and we need to remember its all of them that put in the effort, not just the 7 on the night.

I also hope they are all at the end of season bash as well.

Why would Kent have considered Cottam. Nobody even knew he was making a comeback until the past 7 days (except Eastbourne promotion). I do rate Hopwood although he has ballooned since last season neither rider are on averages to help Kents predicament.

No point swapping Baseby for either as Aaron is doing a great job for the Kings.

Unlike Kent Eastbournes gambles have paid off as they were educated ones whereas Kents were just sign whats left. Still stand by my opinion that Richard Andrews was the signing of the season.

with Eastbourne do you think that its pure luck or do you think the younger Dugards have more feel for the younger generation of racers, In the past its always been left overs to make a Elite team, I remember that Kent this year was all about Danno in the winter what a signing he was and how great his is going to be his trip to Aus was really going to turn him into something special and to be honest i think that its killed his ambition.

The Dugards are very Raw at this in the young ones and you can see they want to make a big go of it and they will change sides and teams if they need to and their eyes are very much open on whats going on around them.

hats off to them for Hopwood and Cottham, but it seems as if they were talking to cottham way before the season started, With Andrews, Woods, Dugard, Powell, BWD, and possible cottham on the books they have a good side for 2016, If they move the meeting days from Sundays to a Saturday BWD will be able to do 90% of the meetings. Good days.

And no sign of the club saying they are loosing money or closing thats great news for a change :t:

I was there for that one. I thought the performance in the 2nd leg was even better than the beating they gave poole in the home leg. more of the same to come will be sweet regardless of what level they race at. I'm surprised that any one is surprised after all pitstop warned everyone a month ago.

Pitstop was right on that one, how did he know that Dugard was going to get hurt at Mildenhall?

Definitely that the Dugards can spot potential better than those at Kent. Wood is a multi British champion so not a huge gamble but one that has handsomely paid off. Andrews went stale at Devon but has had new life bred into him.

Danno has been around for years and nobody else has been interested. He did very little in a weak Scunthorpe side and got shafted when he went to Aus but even if he had practiced every week over the winter he just wont race!

I remember seeing Cotham on the island. Very gutsy and i think its fair to say the only thing that stopped him was his machinery. I cant tell from the photo but the bike connor put a picture up of the other day has a peter johns motor in it and if Gary gets on that i can see eastbourne having two reserve that are potentially heat leaders in georgie wood and Gary.

If the move was intentional - quite smart as the eagles are visiting Coventry, Buxton and Stoke - tracks where i think Baby Dugard would have picked up 2/3 a meeting. its fair to say that the Dugard & Wood combo is very much the same as the Halsey & Blackbird combo of last year. Away from home Dugard/Halsey being dropped from their last ride.

On Speedwaygb.co it states that Dugard is taking time out of the sport so the Eagles have moved for Cottham.

Shame for Kelsey as yes he was prone to the odd fall and struggled away but scored ok at Arlington - but perhaps with r/r for Andrews over next couple of weeks they feel they need guarantees at reserve.

I have a feeling that motor in Cotthams bike was the one Freemantle used to good effect at the island. Shame the Eagles couldn't have tempted him back too. Although he looked a shadow of himself at Kent when he retired. Maybe he thrived on the team spirit on the island and felt at home . Never has done any good riding for Len Silver

• Like 2

i guess we will never know. Brandon did have some amazing crashes last year that must have wrote off most of his bikes. Which is a lot of money for only a teenager so i can see why he would have been put off.

Shame Richard Andrews is out for 6 weeks ( broken Thumb) he must hate Mildenhall , I wonder what the Dugards will do now?