British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

double header for what reason? would it just not be nice to win a meeting and get some silver ware lol if we are lucky.

Niall has been suckered by the whole No.8 fiasco that has occurred across the league this year not just at Eastbourne. All teams were required to name one but no team at any point has been required to use one (unless through choice).

Personally for next year I would limit the amount R/R can be used (twice home and twice away) then every other time use the no.8's to cover missing riders. Also give them the same rights as the reserves so they could cover 2 mins exclusions or any reserve rides when a reserve is struggling.

If they are required to be named then use them. There are riders crying out for a chance / experience and meetings taking place with R/R everywhere. Would certainly make the signing of the number 8 a lot more important than just whoever is prepared to turn up and stand around.

They may try double headers to cram in our koc and gold cup fixtures because brad leaves the country in just over a month!

They may try double headers to cram in our koc and gold cup fixtures because brad leaves the country in just over a month!

I'm sure his flights can be changed.

Junior

Season does not finish until the end of October. Brad I am sure is aware of it. Flights can be booked to suit fixtures if not we can use almost anyone to replace him if he has to go home early for any reason.

Maybe a job interview lol

Rumour has it that Richard Andrews is hurt again taking an unfortunate blow to his shoulder at Eastbourne when his front wheel collapsed and he was thrown to the floor.

Heard on the jungle drums that for the Final against Rye House the NT Trophy was that little Spiller Ethan is coming over as another 3 pointer English passport holder to rider for Eastbourne or they have to you Niall Strudwick if Richard is not fit.

All a rumor at the moment but really I like to see Andrews up on his feet again, Maybe we can all put our hands in our pockets for a new front wheel for him.

Let's hope injury isn't too bad as Andrews has been good but mightily unlucky this season.

Mattie Bates rode on Friday at Somerset so could he be an option?

Massive credit to Eagles management this season as the number of injuries has been crazy, so for the team to finish 2nd and potentially win 3 trophies is a great reflection on them.

Brad has got his flight booked for a reason it's his 21st birthday and his dads 50th birthday towards the end of October and usually the season has finished by then think in the last few years theres only been one or two meetings towards the back end of October at Eastbourne, so you can't blame him for wanting to be home to celebrate!

Season should be finished by the 20th October easily but as someone said above his average is so high you can use anyone in his absence if he does wish to go home early

Dont think brad has his flights booked as he was saying he was going home via the USA and then onto the GP in Australia. His dads birthday is same time as end of season awards so he wont be home for that and i think the way the fixtures are we could be racing till the end of october, thats what happens when you have a club that makes all the finals, Shame its not happened in the last 15 years but at least we are not going down to the Dumps like Kent have been in the last few years, Have to say a great season by all the riders at Eastbourne its been a great pleasure to support them.

Kent are only in their third season and have just won the NL pairs, that's hardly being down in the dumps is it!

Thats true but in i take back that comment, NL pairs winners which both boys rode well in, but as a club Len has played it safe all year and not really looked at whats best for the club, Have to say its the fastest run meetings in the league, but it does not seem to have the connection with any of the riders they all seem like numbers to Len not racers, Eastbourne are in their season and could possible win some silverware and at the start of the season had no team or riders which they owned? All borrowed and built up a great speedway team, all unknown riders in Dugard Woods and BWD.

All a good year so far.

Just found this photo on the internet of Spiller, Look in the background and looks like Ellis Perks is outside the Window if not its Papa Smurf.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/speedway/eaglesnews/13598997.Spiller_ready_for_trip_into_unknown_with_Eagles/

Looks like someone is having some fun.

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 1

I'm a regular at lakeside, kent, rye house and eastbourne. I don't support any of these teams, but I want all of my local clubs to do well. A little bit of success might help ensure that they all come to the tapes next season!

Good Job

No arguments from me on how Eastbourne have conducted themselves this season. Got behind all their riders, provided track time & assistance with machinery plus developed a huge bond between them. In return they have been rewarded with loyalty and effort.

Yes the Brendan Johnson saga was a fiasco at the beginning of the season but not worse than Rikki Mullins and making riders race off for the lower places a week before the season started.

The professional approach & attitude at Eastbourne this year has brought the results they deserve in the same way that the opposite has applied to Kent this season.

• Like 1