British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

I think most teams will be pretty solid at home this year.

For potential away wins I think Brum, Kings Lynn & Buxton look the most likely.

Im excited I think this is the tightest league for years.......I don't think Cradley will dominate. Yes early season Perks will get a hatful but once he is the main body of the team it will be a very different story.

Kent, Rye House, Cradley, Eastbourne, Stoke but in what order I cant decide......all going to come down to confidence and injury luck I think!

BJ, no matter what he says is just an NL journeyman, he's been at it for years and will never get any better. last year Poole's no 7's were woeful an MF was scrabbling around trying to find someone who could do better than just pick off the odd point when the opposition packed up / fell off.

BJ fell into that category, i'm sorry but saying you were the best no 7 there last year really is clutching at straws, it's like being the best football player for the under 5's = it may sound good, but in the grand scheme of things it counts for sweet FA

I hate the use of the word Journeyman in speedway.

It is often used to describe someone who rides/plays for lots of different clubs but had no loyalty. That may be the case with Brendan but in speedway, the reason riders ride for lots of different clubs is because the are consistently dropped, not always because of their lack of performances but because of the averages, so I think its unfair to label a rider this unless they are consistently leaving a club that wants them, looking for a better deal. I don't think that Is the case with Brendan.

I hate the use of the word Journeyman in speedway.

It is often used to describe someone who rides/plays for lots of different clubs but had no loyalty. That may be the case with Brendan but in speedway, the reason riders ride for lots of different clubs is because the are consistently dropped, not always because of their lack of performances but because of the averages, so I think its unfair to label a rider this unless they are consistently leaving a club that wants them, looking for a better deal. I don't think that Is the case with Brendan.

Nothing to do with loyalty or number of clubs. A journeyman is someone who, with a reasonable amount of experience, reaches a mediocre level of success with little evidence of potential improvement. Correct in this case and many others where it's used.

A win at Rye House?? They look far stronger than Eastbourne so far

Actually id go as far to say all of those clubs look stronger so far. Eastbourne dont currently have a number one

hahah your team isn't done so isn't stronger and we do have a number 1!!! Wait until your teams finished before saying you are better! Good luck winning at eastbourne 😜

And hurrah for journeymen - without them there would be a lot of gaps in a lot of teams.

hahah your team isn't done so isn't stronger and we do have a number 1!!! Wait until your teams finished before saying you are better! Good luck winning at eastbourne

Whilst Eastbourne do have a rider in the Number 1 position (and as much as I love Magic) IMO he is one of the bottom two number 1's in the league this year.

What you will get is a rider who is very professional, has excellent equipment and bags of experience which will prove invaluable to the rookies.

Don't be surprised to see David sheparding home lower order riders for 5-1's on numerous occasions.

Whilst Eastbourne do have a rider in the Number 1 position (and as much as I love Magic) IMO he is one of the bottom two number 1's in the league this year.

What you will get is a rider who is very professional, has excellent equipment and bags of experience which will prove invaluable to the rookies.

Don't be surprised to see David sheparding home lower order riders for 5-1's on numerous occasions.

surely if he is not so good they will move around the team like say Marc does well can they move him to number 1?

Of course. I fully expect Marc to move up and stay up at number one............great rider and still got more potential!

Thats good then if mason is not capable we can move him around so that we have a better rider higher up!

mason to go down into the team then owen up to number one followed hot on his toes by wilson, Means by mid way in the season they will either have 3 riders all on the around the same average or an outstanding number 1.?

Let wait and see

hahah your team isn't done so isn't stronger and we do have a number 1!!! Wait until your teams finished before saying you are better! Good luck winning at eastbourne 😜

I dont think Rye will win at Eastbourne but they will get closer than Eastie will at Rye im certain of that.

surely if he is not so good they will move around the team like say Marc does well can they move him to number 1?

Only if he has the highest average. Which isn't beyond the realms

I dont think Rye will win at Eastbourne but they will get closer than Eastie will at Rye im certain of that.

probably if the same theme carries on into this season from the last😅

Knowing eastbourne Kelsey will be at number 1 or maybe more realistically Georgie may do well

Are you riding any where this year Mr.phillips?

Yes im riding 146 miles from the Lake District to Newcastle in aid of Lochaber Mountain Rescue (The helicopter team of Ben Nevis) why do you ask?

• Like 2