British Speedway Forum

Not every club has a spare £1,000 lying around like yourselves.

Edinburgh must. They've now got a trust with loads of money.

I'm sure you like it, it ain't your money.

Glasgow go from being potless to gambling away a grand in the space of a few months. That's new money for ya

It wouldn't be my money either if Glasgow or anyone else won the league.

• Like 1

Where have Glasgow said 4/5 thousand per meeting i think they are looking at 1500 for the fist meeting.Maybe you should have said in the first month

Where have Glasgow said 4/5 thousand per meeting i think they are looking at 1500 for the fist meeting.Maybe you should have said in the first month

its there some where , either on here or the official glasgee site. it was a COMmEnT. made by some one.

Maybe it was MR bLOBBY he is always making nasty comments about Glasgow.

Edited by MANSE

It's simple logic, if you win the league but are over stretching your financial capabilities then you shouldn't be putting an expensive team together in the first place, remuneration or none. And then you deserve to go out of business tbh. Glasgow have deep pockets this year and they're building a team they can afford. Edinburgh however announced they made a loss after winning the title, some could say that's because they were living beyond their means, same as Newport after they pulled out all the stops to win the ko cup.

That is a fair comment however no one would have predicted quite how well edinburgh did last season and the nature of the way riders get paid meant it was a very expensive season and would have blown any budget set at the start of the season. To use your analogy if the car dealership came back to you after 3 months and said actually the performance of your car is better than expected you are now due us £xxxxx more.

It is these unexpected losses that make speedway so hard to budget for, I can imagine there are some promoters at times who will start wishing their own riders lose to save money which is bonkers, happiness is 46-44!

I agree with the principal that there should be prize money for the winning team but the only way that is possible is if the league gets a sponsor.

As many have said good luck to Glasgow and I hope they manage to get the balance right between spending and building for the future and like ekimba hope they finish second to us.

• Like 2

It was a comment made by a fan who was a wee bit deluded. No one in an official capacity has been so rash.

If Glasgow can increase crowds to around 800 then that would be a great bounce back.

Maybe it was MR bLOBBY he is always making nasty comments about Glasgow.

I have never said that Glasgow are looking to get 4/5 thousand at the first meeting I said they are looking to get 2000 at the first meeting. Witch is what your New owners have said themselves.

Edited by Mr Blobby

What Stewart dickson said was every team that wins the league seems to have a bad financial year the following year and maybe that if every promotor/ team put something into a pot and split between say the top 4/5/6 whatever it would help balance it out as surely every promotor thinks that they will win the league at the start of the years with the team they put together and would also give them something to look forward to rather than winning every meeting 60-30 and thinking that's a big payout that night and know that you are losing money every meeting but knowing that if you win the league at least you have something waiting to cover all these loss,s

Edited by mac101
  • Like 4

It's simple logic, if you win the league but are over stretching your financial capabilities then you shouldn't be putting an expensive team together in the first place, remuneration or none. And then you deserve to go out of business tbh. Glasgow have deep pockets this year and they're building a team they can afford. Edinburgh however announced they made a loss after winning the title, some could say that's because they were living beyond their means, same as Newport after they pulled out all the stops to win the ko cup.

I think you will find out that Edinburgh started to struggle because they were paying for at least 50 points home and away in most matches, which was not expected, if fact not expected by any club

• Like 1

I think you will find out that Edinburgh started to struggle because they were paying for at least 50 points home and away in most matches, which was not expected, if fact not expected by any club

Well it should be expected and hoped for by all clubs. What's the point if you aren't building your team to win the league and every meeting they race in?

• Like 3

Good old Scottish mentality coming to the fore here.

We want our sport to flourish, as long as it's our team.

So petty and small minded.

isnt that what closed hull down all those years ago SUCCESS.

good to see dickinson wanting to splash his own money to give to the league champs this season. wonder if he would have come up with that thought if he was in charge of workington...

good to see dickinson wanting to splash his own money to give to the league champs this season. wonder if he would have come up with that thought if he was in charge of workington...

I think Stewart has thought this for a while not because we have new owners. :cheers:

• Like 1

Hull were kicked out by their landlords. The only clubs I can think of to fail financially are Newport and IoW.

is he the real deal? Are we having a visit from Bargain Hunt?

I know Stewarts tan can be a bit dodgy at times but I think thats maybe a step too far.... :P;)

• Like 5