British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Lakeside 2015

National Trophy on Sundays for 2015 (After training) - Too many fixtures to fit in with EL & NL

That's a real shame if that is the case - I was looking forward to having another NL team to support! Although it's definitely better than nothing, and hopefully it will lead on to full NL the year after.

Edited by Mjolnir
  • Like 1

So why ever suggest tha possibility man
Surely they knew how many fixtures hey?

Same old cock and bull :rofl::drink:

Looks to me that the situation remains as Jon Cook said a few weeks ago, training days followed by challenges or possibly National Trophy.

I see nothing different.

• Like 1

Depends on how many sides enter the NT I guess . Last year there were just four - including a make-weight Leicester - but with seven 'stand alones' this year could be more...

Second sides in the Trophy gain nothing and are just hen picked riders from the sides that aren't in the competition. Look at Leicester last season.

If Lakeside enter the trophy I hope they're told to field a 7 man team of riders who are not attached to NL clubs already.

Hopefully the Sunday slot can replace the existing training on a Friday meaning the track can be at the best it possibly can for the important EL meetings, I know Gerald and his crew can work wonders but the track in my own opinion will never be as good as it could if you have riders practicing all day before an evening meeting, especially in the warm summer months where constant watering is crucial.

Ultimately though a NL setup at Lakeside will always be limited because of the gulf between the EL and NL, a PL/NL setup is much better in terms of natural progression, that said though there is nothing to stop Lakeside loaning riders out once ready and building an asset base of youngsters, I have always said that is what the club should be doing, does not matter who and where they ride so long as they remain assets which could be used or sold in the long term.

The more tracks there are offering rides the better.