British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

Oh dear, the forum Police out in force telling me what I should be thinking. :nono:

I genuinely do not believe that Fisher is an out and out No.1. As MikeyT says, far too inconsistent. He didn't show anything like that sort of form when last a Devil. He scored an lot of points courtesy of Barkers exceptional team riding. As most folk on here agree, the PL has become stronger over the last few years. Why should I believe he will become so much better?

HalifaxTiger, in an earlier post on this thread you said Plymouth could regret letting Barker go. Now you are saying he was going anyway, re the Lakeside link!

I agree with FormerDevils comment though. As the Promotion have stated in press releases, 'they only need another 100 PAYING customers to break even'.So Skippy, my partner and I WOULD be missed if we don't go. Perhaps you wouldn't be!!

Barncooseboy, I am not the photographer lady you mention. I agree that the SBA in general does provide some excellent speedway. I simply don't want to waste my hard earned money watching a rider whom I have very little regard for.

After seeing Somersets exiting line up for 2015, Plymouths next signings had better be 'up and coming' riders, not old has beens like Simota and Franc.

I wont be holding my breath.

I genuinely did believe that Plymouth would regret losing Barker and still do to an extent. I was wholly unaware that he potentially was signing for a Friday night EL club when I made those remarks.

Fisher averaged almost 9 per match in his last spell at Plymouth, and was 6th in the PL averages that season. You might not think that is the form of a No1, almost everyone else would disagree.

To suggest that he was 'inconsistent' that year is clearly nonsense and to suggest that a rider of that sort of ability relied on Ben Barker is even worse.

If Fisher averages the same in 2015, he'll be a point up on his starting average. I doubt there are many fans across the country who wouldn't be very happy with that from a No1.

On a final note, Skippy would be very much missed if he stayed away.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Ryan had a v ery big, complex operation on his shoulder area in August, it corrected the damage caused in the, at that time recent accident, but it also corrected damage that had been present since his days at Edinburgh. Ryan says that currently he is feeling better than he has felt, physically, for several years, those lost points could well be on the way back.

Abby and Harley love the kids playground at West Hoe however apparently the schools in Las Vegas are crap

I genuinely did believe that Plymouth would regret losing Barker and still do to an extent. I was wholly unaware that he potentially was signing for a Friday night EL club when I made those remarks.

Oh dear, the tom toms of the first bend gang not working well then?

Fisher averaged almost 9 per match in his last spell at Plymouth, and was 6th in the PL averages that season. You might not think that is the form of a No1, almost everyone else would disagree.

That was then, not now. He started with almost a 10pt average. Now its less than 8pts!

To suggest that he was 'inconsistent' that year is clearly nonsense and to suggest that a rider of that sort of ability relied on Ben Barker is even worse.

Take a look back on live updates. Quite often there would be a couple of exclusions or zeros. Inconsistent. The number of times Ben turned a 3-3 into something better while helping Fish in Hts13 and 15 is unreal. So yes, he DID rely on BB.He is also very petulant with lots of tantrums in the pits.

If Fisher averages the same in 2015, he'll be a point up on his starting average. I doubt there are many fans across the country who wouldn't be very happy with that from a No1.

IF...I just don't see it happening.

On a final note, Skippy would be very much missed if he stayed away.

When Bowden banned him from the pits, he didn't go at all, as he refused to pay to go in.

As I am a paying customer, I feel I have the right to express my views. You are fully entitled to yours.

We disagree.

So be it.

I know you attend the SBA 3 or 4 times a season, judging by your comments on here. I have seen far more meetings there than I have missed. I remain unconvinced that Fish is going to be the out and out NO1 others expect.

I will go to some meetings, as I enjoy watching certain riders. Of course, I will be cheering them on, big time. ;)

As I am a paying customer, I feel I have the right to express my views. You are fully entitled to yours.

We disagree.

So be it.

I know you attend the SBA 3 or 4 times a season, judging by your comments on here. I have seen far more meetings there than I have missed. I remain unconvinced that Fish is going to be the out and out NO1 others expect.

I will go to some meetings, as I enjoy watching certain riders. Of course, I will be cheering them on, big time. ;)

I disagree with a lot of what you penny cross but you do make a valid point regarding people who don't pay far to many get in for nothing and call themselves fans surely real fans would be happy to pay as I do and you do, Edited by lewy

Bit much to call Sam Simota ' an old has been ' - he's not 30 until May next year !!!! :mad:

Lee Trigger is doing a lot of swooping according to that article! Someone buy the a thesaurus FFS!

Bit much to call Sam Simota ' an old has been ' - he's not 30 until May next year !!!! :mad:

I bet Simota wishes he was a has been, as by definition you have to have been, he never was :/

Facts need to be checked before accusations are made is all I will say on comments made by certain parties on here. Paying £14 a week would be a cheaper option for me to stand on the terraces and watch a meeting than work in the pits and see about half a dozen races a meeting. Tyres, fuel, oil, cash to riders and giving up my time free of charge driving riders around the country mechanicing for them and following the devils away amongst other things has cost me personally since 2006 thousands of pounds.

• Like 2

having gone through some long term medical treatment over the past year I hope i will be able to be at SBA most weeks this coming season, perhaps I should change my name to hop or jump.

Talking of medical treatment Brian Cave is in Derriford currently, recovering from major surgery, ;lets all wish him a speedy recovery. I believe he is in Braunton ward.

• Like 1

We disagree.

So be it.

You said that in his last spell at Plymouth Fisher did not show the form of a No1. Given that he averaged just under 9 per match and was 6th in the PL averages that season, I am not sure how you worked that out.

I am also wondering if there were 'quite often' a number of zeros or exclusions how he managed to reach that average. Must have won every other race, it seems.

It also seems that there are genuine reasons why his average slipped last year and, from that, he could be a bargain on that 7.80 or so.

Where Skippy is concerned, if you'd been banned from the pits - especially by a crook like Bowden - would you pay to go in and give him money ? To me, it says everything about Skippy that Sam Simota gave him a bottle of champagne at the presentation evening and that I had the pleasure of his company at Glasgow last season.

To be fair, he should not have suggested you won't be missed, because you would be. After all, every single fan counts.

I agree we'll have agree to disagree about Fisher, time proving one of us right.

Risager might look like a bit of an unimpressive signing, but I don't think many would dispute that he is an SBA expert.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Where Skippy is concerned, if you'd been banned from the pits - especially by a crook like Bowden - would you pay to go in and give him money ? To me, it says everything about Skippy that Sam Simota gave him a bottle of champagne at the presentation evening and that I had the pleasure of his company at Glasgow last season.

I was not welcome in the stadium

Edited by skippy

I was

not welcome in the stadium

My post was not referring to you personally Skippy if it came across that way I apologise,I was making a more general comment,I,m aware of the good work you with regards fuel,gp nights etc and I commend you for that

• Like 1

Oh dear, the forum Police out in force telling me what I should be thinking. :nono:

I genuinely do not believe that Fisher is an out and out No.1. As MikeyT says, far too inconsistent. He didn't show anything like that sort of form when last a Devil. He scored an lot of points courtesy of Barkers exceptional team riding. As most folk on here agree, the PL has become stronger over the last few years. Why should I believe he will become so much better?

HalifaxTiger, in an earlier post on this thread you said Plymouth could regret letting Barker go. Now you are saying he was going anyway, re the Lakeside link!

I agree with FormerDevils comment though. As the Promotion have stated in press releases, 'they only need another 100 PAYING customers to break even'.So Skippy, my partner and I WOULD be missed if we don't go. Perhaps you wouldn't be!!

Barncooseboy, I am not the photographer lady you mention. I agree that the SBA in general does provide some excellent speedway. I simply don't want to waste my hard earned money watching a rider whom I have very little regard for.

After seeing Somersets exiting line up for 2015, Plymouths next signings had better be 'up and coming' riders, not old has beens like Simota and Franc.

I wont be holding my breath.

Ouch!

I suspect this may come back to haunt you. In a list of consistent contributors to the Devils - both riders and promotion - Skippy would be near the top of many people's list.

Lee Trigger is doing a lot of swooping according to that article! Someone buy the a thesaurus FFS!

I bet Simota wishes he was a has been, as by definition you have to have been, he never was :/

My definition of a 'has been' is a rider who has already peaked in his scoring powers and unlikely to improve.

Simota started 2014 on a 7.40 average and finished on 6.10. This despite being at reserve for quite a while. This season he would be in the 1-5, so I don't see any him improving much at all, if anything. I do quite enjoy watching him ride, exciting at times but again very unpredictable.

As for handing over bottle of bubbly, nothing unusual there, most riders give something to their sponsors or helpers.

AM...why will that comment haunt me? No sleep lost here, I assure you.

The signing of Risgaer doesn't fill me with great optimism either. Yes he looks ok at the SBA, but remember he was only beating some poor Devils sides in the past.

My definition of a 'has been' is a rider who has already peaked in his scoring powers and unlikely to improve.

Simota started 2014 on a 7.40 average and finished on 6.10. This despite being at reserve for quite a while. This season he would be in the 1-5, so I don't see any him improving much at all, if anything. I do quite enjoy watching him ride, exciting at times but again very unpredictable.

As for handing over bottle of bubbly, nothing unusual there, most riders give something to their sponsors or helpers.

AM...why will that comment haunt me? No sleep lost here, I assure you.

The signing of Risgaer doesn't fill me with great optimism either. Yes he looks ok at the SBA, but remember he was only beating some poor Devils sides in the past.

Because I suspect that you may be in a very small minority in your opinion.

On the basis that with presumably the honourable exception of Kyle Newman you appear to disapprove of the rest of the riders announced as signing for the 2015 Devils, are there any that you would deem acceptable?