British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

3.kyle newman capt

Good start wouldnt want anyone else from this season retained but it will all come down to ££.

If his average has dropped a bit May well be back with us,as out team will need breaking up again,

You should morten risager, always scores highly at your track, and not exactly on the highest of averages.

Totally agree baldy would love to have risager but seems to be a nailed on witch yearin and year out tbh!

If his average has dropped a bit May well be back with us,as out team will need breaking up again,

Why would his average of dropped?

Nothing has changed from last year though. Alex needs to improve his form away from the OTA hence why the management were happy to loan him to Plymouth for a season or two.

3.kyle newman capt

Good start wouldnt want anyone else from this season retained but it will all come down to ££.

I'm with you all the way mate, Kyle is the only one I'd retain as the others haven't shown enough to warrant a return or in Simota's case I just don't see him improving on an average of over 6 in the main body.

As I put on the Devils site the side I want to see (money no object) would be...

Robson

R Worrall

Newman

Wells

Birks

Boxall

Shanes

I know Wells asked for silly money last season so doubt that would change and getting Boxall away from Rye on any kind of decent machinery is near enough impossible but one can only hope!

All I do hope is that we go all round strength rather than big number 1 but as you say it's all about the £££!

Things are looking more positive for next season and beyond it was announced at the end of season do last night also kyle newman said he was looking forward to being the devis captain!

I'm with you all the way mate, Kyle is the only one I'd retain as the others haven't shown enough to warrant a return or in Simota's case I just don't see him improving on an average of over 6 in the main body.

I'll be astonished if he isn't back for next season.

Probably Plymouth's most popular rider last season, and that includes Newman.

As I put on the Devils site the side I want to see (money no object) would be...

Robson

R Worrall

Newman

Wells

Birks

Boxall

Shanes

I know Wells asked for silly money last season so doubt that would change and getting Boxall away from Rye on any kind of decent machinery is near enough impossible but one can only hope!

All I do hope is that we go all round strength rather than big number 1 but as you say it's all about the £££!

Ashley Birks has already signed for Sheffield.

Ashley Birks has already signed for Sheffield.

To be fair I did post that over a month ago. It was more of a 'wish list' than anything else.

I'll be astonished if he isn't back for next season.

Probably Plymouth's most popular rider last season, and that includes Newman.

Popular doesn't make you good value. He is coming in on an average of 6.10 which was basically obtained from home form at reserve. He has been poor at most away tracks and starting in the 1-5 will only see that average drop.

He is great when the track suits but when it's too slick or wet Simota goes missing. On song he is great to watch but that hasn't been often enough especially away. I think there are better, more consistent options out there on better averages.

But you're right he will be in the side next season as will Benko.

Edited by Mikeyt

To be fair I did post that over a month ago. It was more of a 'wish list' than anything else.

Popular doesn't make you good value. He is coming in on an average of 6.10 which was basically obtained from home form at reserve. He has been poor at most away tracks and starting in the 1-5 will only see that average drop.

He is great when the track suits but when it's too slick or wet Simota goes missing. On song he is great to watch but that hasn't been often enough especially away. I think there are better, more consistent options out there on better averages.

But you're right he will be in the side next season as will Benko.

Don't disagree with any of that, Mike.

While it is his popularity that will get him a place rather than his potential I think there is a place for that.