British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

fair play to Plymouth turned it round it would seem some good results at the right time coupled with the momentum

Plymouth fans deserve it, whatever the future may hold

Whatever the future holds ?

With Poole at BV on Monday, no Newman at Glasgow!!

Ex Tigers skipper Theo Pijper in for Kyle Newman on Monday at Glasgow.

Edited by Devildodger

Don't think it was crud from Somerset, difference was Plymouth reserves 15+5 Somerset reserves 7+1.

To be fair to Plymouth, it wasn't just their reserves that did well, the whole team contributed. When they didn't gate, they fought tooth and nail to get to the front.

It was one of the most complete away performances that I have witnessed.

Good honest comments er the two victorys over the rebels were unexpected especially by the winning margins,i,m sure you guys can put it behind you and get back to winning ways as for thr devils its seems to have ignited our season and we could even make the play offs and that in its self would be some achievement for us and could be pivotal in our pl future

And having just paid my first visit to Plymouth tonight I would agree with that. Certainly has potential, and for lots improvement.. Now on to the meeting. For the second night on the trot the Rebels were never at the races, and i'm very sure that Garry May will not be happy. Fair play to the Devils who took both meetings to the Rebels. You don't gate round Plymouth invariably you will get nothing.

And can I just say, the person who told me that Kyle does not team ride really wants to pay one of our sponsors at Poole a visitation. ;)

In my experience, that's simply not true and I'd say Plymouth is one of the best racing tracks in the country.

Last Saturday wasn't up to their usual standard because following on from Wright's last bend outside pass of Lanham and Risager's inside move on Worrall the dirt line moved to the outside and once a rider got on that there was no chance of passing him.

Whoever says that about Newman wasn't watching heat 10. He spent most of that race looking left for Wright.

All the negative comments on plymouth come from the same 3stooges opinionatedjoke and pennycross and formerdevil who is particularly dissappointing considering his past connections with the club! However they seem to have disappeared of late or maybe they are choking on humble pie lol

• Like 3

All the negative comments on plymouth come from the same 3stooges opinionatedjoke and pennycross and formerdevil who is particularly dissappointing considering his past connections with the club! However they seem to have disappeared of late or maybe they are choking on humble pie lol

Past connections? I have no idea what you and ancient mariner are on about when you say that. I think you are very much mistaken with my identity!

In my experience, that's simply not true and I'd say Plymouth is one of the best racing tracks in the country.

Last Saturday wasn't up to their usual standard because following on from Wright's last bend outside pass of Lanham and Risager's inside move on Worrall the dirt line moved to the outside and once a rider got on that there was no chance of passing him.

Whoever says that about Newman wasn't watching heat 10. He spent most of that race looking left for Wright.

Yes i was there and i did see it. I made the comment before that meeting but it was one of the only times in 2 years that it has happened so you were priviledged to be there that night and witness it!

Past connections? I have no idea what you and ancient mariner are on about when you say that. I think you are very much mistaken with my identity!

Whoa! I asked you a question as to your identity particularly based on your statement as attending Devil's away meetings, having travelled a bit myself in support of the Devils. You did not deign to reply.

I now realise that I was very mistaken and apologise, as I indicated I would at the time.

Plymouth replace james wright with linus eklof

Good move.

Hope it's not too late.

• Like 1

Cheque book speedway again,makes a mockery of the pl,win at all costs as per usual with the rebs,

You were saying?.........

Plymouth replace james wright with linus eklof

Wd used the nice big loan fee we got for razmus but we had to wait for the cheque to clear :-)

One big difference we changed a rider that dropped his average by 2 the rebs dropped lanham and he upped his by 2!

Certainly a sign of intent and cant blame the Devils for making such a move. Its the first time they have been anywhere close to a play off spot.

As Lewy said you cant compare this with certain win at all costs signings.

After all Wright was significantly underperforming expectations and of course had been plucked from retirement.

It will be tight but I expect the Devils to overhaul my own Witches

Certainly a sign of intent and cant blame the Devils for making such a move. Its the first time they have been anywhere close to a play off spot.

As Lewy said you cant compare this with certain win at all costs signings.

After all Wright was significantly underperforming expectations and of course had been plucked from retirement.

It will be tight but I expect the Devils to overhaul my own Witches

Its going to go to the wire for sure whoever gets the final place I dont think 3rd place will relish the first stage of playoffs imo !!
  • Like 2