British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RockingRobin

Guest Riders: The Ruination Of Speedway !

What an absolute farce our sport has become !

Guest riders should be banned altogether, but now its gone mad !

Why the hell are Poole allowed to use a guest replacement for a rider who is suspended from the sport ?

Its like allowing Manchester United to borrow Sergio Aguero to replace Wayne Rooney, completely farcical !

Its no wonder the Press and Media don't take Speedway seriously.

Still I suppose Poole always do exactly what they want, and get away with it !

• Like 1

Woah. I hate Poole as much as the next man but they've done nothing wrong here.

Why the hell are Poole allowed to use a guest replacement for a rider who is suspended from the sport ?

Its like allowing Manchester United to borrow Sergio Aguero to replace Wayne Rooney, completely farcical !

Why shouldn't they be able to replace a suspended rider, did Liverpool play with 10 men when Suarez was banned.

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with teams using guests - thats the system, and its the system thats a farce.

Only way to cure it is to have squads of some sort like the Swedes et al.

• Like 1

Guests have been in existence since I first started going in the 70's....I never thought it was the ruination of the sport then and I don't think it is now.....to some degree....

I still don't think that a number 1 being replaced by another number 1 is that bad...it would be far worse for a team to arrive with a junior replacing an absent number 1.....that just short changes everybody...people say newcomers would not return because of guests...well they would less likely to return watching a number 1 beat a junior by half a lap...to me I don't mind a guest replacing a missing top star...it's always happened and I honestly cannot think of a better way at the moment....

But....and there is a but....I cannot remember , ever, teams turning up with 4 or 5 guests...that is the ruination of speedway....I can understand riders doubling up, I don't blame them for a minute, but it's got out of hand...too many of them....guests for injuries, guests for double uppers, fast track riders, fast track guests....teams turning up with 2 of their own riders.....why would a fan support that.....that's the ruination of speedway...not a number 1 rider guesting for another number 1 rider..

• Like 3

Interesting first post!

• Like 2

I still think the original post was a wind-up.

Nobody wants guests. This year however, has been a disaster at the end of the year.

In any other sport a team with injuries or suspension would replace them with other players on their books. Speedway is different. You can only have 7 riders in your squad and if anyone is injured after a certain date that's it no subs.

Like it or not there is nothing else but guests. Like it or lump it.

This original post made me laugh.

I'm new to the forum but it seems to me that Poole take a lot of stick even if they have nothing to do with the governing body who set the rules every year. Tbh it looks like jealously as they do seem to well every season and you cannot fault that especially as theit track is as fair as the next track.

Even with Ward as RR they have been winning so it makes no sense and agree with the other poster that this is surely a wind up.

Oh dear..

Another first post troll.

• Like 1

Oh dear..

Another first post troll.

Yeah, like we all believe it is a genuine first timer. No prizes for guessing whose grubby fingerprints are all over this one.

I think teams should be able to nominate 2-3 guest riders that they can use throughout the season.

• Like 1

I think teams should be able to nominate 2-3 guest riders that they can use throughout the season.

like in a squad system!! :t:

• Like 1

Would be good, but I doubt that will happen in this country mate.

Yes but the riders will already be based here. I think they use a similar system in Sweden.

• Like 1

Not really. Take Poole for example. They have riders out on loan to other clubs because they can't accommodate them themselves. It is these riders, and only these, who should be allowed to guest for their parent club. Likewise Swindon are in a similar situation so the same could apply to them. Other clubs may also be able to join the scheme but there are obviously teams such as Leicester who are not able to draw on any suitable loanees. In their case might it not be possible for them to be allocated a couple of riders who are not belonging to any of the other teams.