British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon V Coventry 6 October

Yep, fair play. I was one of the Havvy critics, and he's knuckled down and proved himself this year. Well done, Havvy.

Good to hear you've eaten Humble pie Speedybee, i just wish many other Coventy fans would do the same.. Havvy was still finding his feet last season in the managerial circus. It was his first season, and anybody is going to bound to make mistakes.

He's now learn't by those mistakes and this is the result.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

SPEEDWAY STATEMENT Coventry & Cradley

Tuesday October 07, 2014

THE Speedway Control Bureau has issued a statement following an investigation into an incident at the Coventry v Cradley National League KO Cup tie on Friday September 26.

As follows:

National League: COVENTRY v CRADLEY

Friday 26th September 2014

The Speedway Control Bureau held a Disciplinary Hearing (SCB Court) today at the offices of the Auto Cycle Union in Rugby in respect of charges of Ungentlemanly Conduct during the above Meeting against James Sarjeant, Nathan Greaves & Danny Phillips.

Under the Chairmanship of Tony Gillias, the SCB Court that included Alex Harkess & Gary Thompson having viewed the video evidence and heard mitigating statements from those riders made its finding

known to each Riders following a full review in camera.

All 3 Riders were found guilty of the charges and the penalties were advised as follows:

James SARJEANT: 12 months Suspension, that itself is suspended for 12 months plus a £100 Fine and Costs.

Nathan GREAVES: 12 months Suspension, that itself is suspended for 24 months plus a £250 Fine and Costs.

Danny PHILLIPS: 12 months Suspension, that itself is suspended for 24 months plus a £250 Fine and Costs.

The SCB Members stressed the importance to each Rider of the need for them to learn from this unfortunate incident and wished them good success in the future.

Each Rider is entitled to lodge an Appeal to the ACU should they wish to do so in accordance with The 2014 Speedway Regulations.

Great news that's Coventry Bees will have Sarjeant for the final

As a neutral if I hadn't pre-paid for tickets I wouldn't have bothered going along to tonight meeting after the dank day we've had. Turned out a worthwhile trip to see Swindon get such a humiliating spanking at home, which could have been even worse. The locals weren't happy! :D

We were watching in the pub in Oxford and it was wonderful to watch the Robins lose even though it was to the Bees who ain't to popular in this neck of the woods either just hope the Stars beat the south coast ne're do wells and go on to win the final

One team wanted it and one didnt.

The Coventry boys are better suited to a wet track, but it was shocking to see riders like North hardly try, and Batchelor wasnt much better.

One last thing regarding Nathan Greaves.

Ive only seen Swindon ride on sky this season so maybe doing him an injustice, but he falls off a heck of a lot and when he doesnt he looks like he is out of control or about to fall off. Dont get me wrong i admire any of these guys who do the sport we love and risk injury to do it, but he doesnt seem to sit right on the bike and seems to be out of his depth.

Have to agree. Looks unbalanced and uncomfortable on the bike. Always likely to fall at any time. Sadly, don't think the lad will make it past a PL second string.

Even with a great preference it can't hide the fact that Hansen is very poor. Last night he ride like a novice, and will need to pick it up in the final. Over the last few months id have thought he was from the draft and not Garrity or Sargent !

Have to agree. Looks unbalanced and uncomfortable on the bike. Always likely to fall at any time. Sadly, don't think the lad will make it past a PL second string.

It disturbs me that Greaves gives up so easily when behind and retires in nearly every race. Before everyone says "but he's only 16" there are plenty of others that age (Lambert?) giving it their all this season. Can't understand why Robins fans admire him so much, I don't see the effort there.

It disturbs me that Greaves gives up so easily when behind and retires in nearly every race. Before everyone says "but he's only 16" there are plenty of others that age (Lambert?) giving it their all this season. Can't understand why Robins fans admire him so much, I don't see the effort there.

He had a few weeks where he was beating riders and scoring points but gone backwards last few weeks and looked as though his head was down. His attitude last night was shocking though. Giving up when Garrity was all over the shop was terrible.

He had a few weeks where he was beating riders and scoring points but gone backwards last few weeks and looked as though his head was down. His attitude last night was shocking though. Giving up when Garrity was all over the shop was terrible.

It seemed like all our riders gave up before it started when they saw the wet track, but Greaves efforts were particularly pitiful. The shame of it all was how up for it the large Robins crowd were at the start but within four heats you could tell what was going to happen and the atmosphere was flat.

even if Nathan Greaves had put in one of his best performances of the season he still wouldn't have scored more than a point or two and Swindon would still have lost. It's not his fault he was the fourth choice for the no 7 slot.

• Like 1

even if Nathan Greaves had put in one of his best performances of the season he still wouldn't have scored more than a point or two and Swindon would still have lost. It's not his fault he was the fourth choice for the no 7 slot.

No one is blaming him. He scored what I expected him to. He just shouldnt give up after 2 laps every race.

One last thing regarding Nathan Greaves.

Ive only seen Swindon ride on sky this season so maybe doing him an injustice, but he falls off a heck of a lot and when he doesnt he looks like he is out of control or about to fall off. Dont get me wrong i admire any of these guys who do the sport we love and risk injury to do it, but he doesnt seem to sit right on the bike and seems to be out of his depth.

Yes, but he is a force to to reckoned with on the terraces though!! ;)

• Like 5

What were you doing at 16?

Oh yes, and who are the 'plenty' giving their all at that age?

I remember when Nick Morris was 16 and a Coventry reserve. He beat Nicky Pedersen and you can guess the reaction of the "Pantomime Villain"!

Edited by Bees of 69

I remember when Nick Morris was 16 and a Coventry reserve. He beat Nicky Pedersen and you can guess the reaction of the "Pantomime Villain"!

i have a feeling I saw him beat Leigh Adams at Swindon that same season, was amazed at how good he was at 16.

i have a feeling I saw him beat Leigh Adams at Swindon that same season, was amazed at how good he was at 16.

Has he really kicked on as much as we thought though & has gone missing in both of the play offs the last 2 seasons.

The likes of Brady Kurtz & Max Fricke seem to do it when it really matters.

Harsh I know but that is the reality at the moment.