British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon V Coventry 6 October

I've never agreed with tactical rides for the semi's or final as it's not fair that one team could use it and the other be denied the chance. The final result is decided over two legs so no tacticals should be involved. BUT saying that it's too late now and if the rules are to change it will have to be next season. Some Swindon fans seem to be getting a bit concerned but I don't really think the Robins have much to worry about. Good luck to both teams and may the best one win. Whoever it is will lose out to Poole anyway so I'm not getting stressed about the result. :lol:

• Like 4

Thanks mate. What happene to the the meeting if its called off. Im a cov fan and making the trip. But looks like the weather will play a big part in this

Thanks mate. What happene to the the meeting if its called off. Im a cov fan and making the trip. But looks like the weather will play a big part in this

Same as usual. If 10 heats are run then we get a result. If less than 10 then it gets re-run again from scratch. Probably on the Wednesday.

Same as usual. If 10 heats are run then we get a result. If less than 10 then it gets re-run again from scratch. Probably on the Wednesday.

It is prob on the thursday as the dogs race wed night.

It is prob on the thursday as the dogs race wed night.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday are the official rain off dates.

Edited by SCB

Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday are the official rain off dates.

Wed and Fri they have dog racing so it could be tues if they have permission to run that night.

I understand that only the losing side can request a track inspection.

So, with rain expected on Monday, what happens if Coventry are 6 down at heat 10? Can they call for a track inspection?

• Like 2

Looking at the forecast the rain is due before 7 not later in the evening.

Don't think it will be a 29-point trouncing as last time, but Swindon should get into Grand Final against Poole as 2 years ago. Will go 52-40 to the Wiltshire side.

Think the Bees will go through courtesy of them using tactical rides but really hope I'm wrong.

Swindon's top 5 should be too strong.

I literally can't call this. Coventry will be helped by tacticals if it gets that bad. I can actually see a 90-90 appearing here.

I think that it is crazy at the best of times but in a 2 legged meeting! Surely the sensible thing if tacticals have to be used in the semi's, it should be based on the overall score. I can well remember Reading loosing the 2006 Final on tactical rides . Absolutely bonkers.

Your suggestion is worse though, massive disadvantage for the team home in the first meeting.

I will still be in Shanghai when this meeting is on, but I will definitely be watching the updates.

The first meeting was a bit disappointing and we really should have kept it closer than we did.

It’s all to play for though, and on our home track we definitely have the power to win through.

Maybe, we had a couple of riders who felt the pressure of a semi-final in the first leg, but surely

The lure of a place in the final can overcome that, and if so, we can get there.
  • Like 1

I don't understand why people think this will be tight - unless the rain intervenes! Swindon gifted Coventry too many points in the first leg and they shouldn't make the same mistake again and should win comfortably at home and progress through.

The only "fly in the ointment" should be if it rains - and we all know what happened last time it rained against Coventry.

C'mon you Robins !!

• Like 1