British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

Holder?? Robs already ruled that out. While Kindt was told publically by Rob he is too expensive. I reckon we wont have a 3pointer and that Lunna will be reserve on 5 with a more experienced partner. We are told we are bringing back an existing asset. How about Wilko on 5.24 to partner Lunna at reserve. That leaves 6.21 for the remaining rider. Either way I cannot help but rue seeing Tommy Gun and Birko out the door because I don't think we can possibly end up as strong or entertaining. However I gather they did want to leave so we have to move on. It seems to me that the team is being set up around Lunna. For me I would want him to come in at reserve with a seasoned rider with him. A rider like Wilko can do that job well. Others who might also be in mind for that role are Jason Bunyan 4.66 and Leigh Lanham 4 90 either of which may open the door for MPT to return. I might have liked to see Mellgren 6.57 given the chance to show us what we missed out on last season. But any which way I cannot see the 2015 starting 1-7 looking as strong as the 2014 1-7 on paper.

Another scenario would be the return of Mellgren; who has the potential to be No1 and we bring in Bunyan and Lanham as the reserves. Lunna does start in the team. Hopefully he fires but if not we have two ultra experienced riders at reserve and Lunna drops in to reserve. So thats Auty Howe Douglas Mellgren Lunna Lanham Bunyan mmmmmm.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

So who is an existing asset?Wilco,Tofty,(he was at quite a few meetings this season),Steve Worrall( i believe hes just become a father to a scunny girl)?Matt Williamson?

Bringing back seems to mean to me someone who used to ride, so maybe not Matt as probably would say "retaining".I am not sure about building the team around Nike, i thought Rob was building his teams around Ryan, I am still going for another unknown on a 5. so. Howe, Worrall,Auty,Douglas, Scandanavian,Lunna and Perks

Wilkinson isn't going to improve his average, but if you brought back MPT it leaves little options for the second strings if Lunna is to start at reserve. Who else are assets?

Like the outsider said, it's looks like the team is being built around Lunna and it remains to be seen if he'll even achieve his assessed figure! Especially when the rumoured rider was Jack Holder or Max Ruml.

Bunyan and Lanham in the same team are you mad

Looks like I am but those two are or can be the strongset reserve pair in the league. Having thrown a 5 on Lunna IF he proves a revelation and we had somewhere near the best of Mellgren. That could be as effective a use of the limited points available. I agree seems a bit mad but if Lunna was in the 1-5 we need to be coverimg in reserve not further exposing us with a 3pt rider as well. Surely to God! Bunyan and Lanham are capable of adding to their current modest averages from reserve. But its all conjecture I know.

Bunyan and Lanham in the same team are you mad

Or am I missing your point and there is some reason they cannot ride together ie: past history?. Edited by the outsider

This is just my guess looking across all media types and a semi wish list, but i have a feeling we may see Klindt back and also a return for MPT

But yes the other 2 im guesing will be Howe and Auty with rob statig early on that he wanted to keep a core of the team. Think Josh will do better as well next year if he does ride in the Fast track in the EL as last year was very stop start with meetings and then his illness

You won't be seeing MPT I'm afraid

My view on lanham and Bunyan is they are on low averages because they are only as good as that best days are over and they won't increase at all and would do well to maintain their starting average on a track that gives very little advantage to home riders

Richard hall as the returning rider?

slot in at reserve too.

Hope not after the auty incident can't see scunny fans taking to him again

Mads Korneliussen 8.33

N.klindt 6.68

T.Aarnio 5.54

J.Auty 7.16

R.Douglas 6.73

N. Luna 5

Perks 3

Edited by eric i

I hope not R.Hall, he's been there worn the T shirt and kicked our Josh when he was down injured!. please No!

• Like 3

Good evening Mr Godfrey it's difficul this year so my guess would be

1 Howe 2 Auty 3 Nike 4 Douglas 5 Williamson 6 Mellgren 7 klindt

1. David howe 7.50

2. Taylor poole 6.05 / kevin wolbert 6.19

3. Ryan douglas 6.73

4. Nicolai klindt 6.68

5. Josh auty 7.16

6. Oliver greenwood 3.12

7. Nike lunna 5.00