British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

No spinny the team was built so you would have a high scoring reserve and it worked to an extent by getting us to the playoffs however if it hadn't of been for mullering a very weak Sheffield team at the owl hut don't think it would of worked just my opinion

Still made the play offs though so not to bad of a season.

I think the key was the young guy Williamson, if he could have score a few more points things might have been better.

The good thing about Scunny over the last three seasons is the continuity of the side, and the very few changes that Rob Godfrey has to make and keep a nucleus of very good solid riders and it worked to a certain extent.

• Like 1

Ok will have my first go of the off season

I think we will have only 3 from last year back maybe 4

3 Probables

Howe 7.29

Auty 7.04

Douglas 6.73

Uses up 21.06

Then its look at possible new rider coming in (one hintted at needing a place to live)

Perks 3.0/sissis 5.0/Lahti 5.0

Of these i would prefer Perks as he could also double up with the stags

then it is other riders/ Assets

I would like to see MPT back and believe he would still be on his last PL average of 4.92 (seem to recall it is more then 1 year in EL it then becomes your coverted but if only 1 year you keep your PL average)

Possibles

Wells 6.46 (although off to ipswich like every rider is!!)/Mellgren 6.57/wilko 5.24/ Nicolai 6.68 (although think he will be at somerset)/Jack holder 5.0(rumoured with poole connection and would not need accomadation hence not in earlier section but expect him to also be at somerset along with max ruml!)

So my initial lineup ends as

Auty

Howe

Douglas

Mellgren

Nicolai

MPT

Perks

Total 42.23

Similar to last year with good solid strength and always a good reserve (mellgren is 5th in the averages!!) and i think it would have worked this year except for injuries at the wrong time.

Will update once somerset announce 3 riders i have mentioned in my post and once league structures known

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet

I have long believed that first rule is you want riders who want to ride for you...and if Tommy and Ash want to ride elsewhere then so be it....good luck to them .Time to move on and start again maybe

Both have been a huge part of the club for the last few years..especially Ash who started out with us..

Time to start again!

Talk of Bunyan wanting to leave Rye, he guested a lot for Scunny in the title winning season.

He was talking about it himself for most of the season.

I think he'll be off to Glasgow, but Scunny would be a decent option

Will Perks be able to utilise the Elite league reserve system?

I would imagine so, it maybe depend upon where he pledges his international allegiances to Britain or Aussie.

Possibles

Wells 6.46 (although off to ipswich like every rider is!!)/Mellgren 6.57/wilko 5.24/ Nicolai 6.68 (although think he will be at somerset)/Jack holder 5.0(rumoured with poole connection and would not need accomadation hence not in earlier section but expect him to also be at somerset along with max ruml!)

Heard something about Jack Holder earlier is the season and Klindt sounds reasonable. Max Ruml though?? Where.have you got that from because that is news to me??

I guess Poole will want to use Perks then! This tie up between both clubs seems to be working for the coming season with some fantastic new riders coming to these shores.

So looking at it:

Howe/Auty and Douglas will return. Holder and Perks will sign, so fill the 2 remaining gaps. Holder at reserve will be a trump card to start with.

Get Max Clegg back where he started,If Cradley are no more he will be looking. Would he come into the premier league on a 3 point average?? he would also make a great number 1 for the stags..

• Like 1

Hold on.. we've been Rum-b-led! it ain't Woohaa ....

Max-imum decoy throwing from Rob.

It's Mad is speedway it really is.... roll on March.

Keep HOLDER your hats looks like rob is having his usual fun around signing riders.

You would SIMply have to be a LUNAtic to gRUMbLe around his PR when it comes to this. Theres SNOW way it would be HALF As much fun if he just didnt keep giving crypitc deceptive clues!!

I suppose thats a PERK of being promoter!

Although i like the way everyone points to a aussie rider it could be a young dane who is going to commit to living here liek when thomas first started out with the scorpions

Thats 7 names dropped in cant think of anymore at the moment!! but i suppose i have one of somersets correct now if the comment that it is not Jack are true and not just another misdirection

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet

you guys must be gutted at losing ash birks to Sheffield.. such a good rider .