British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

People like me work day and night shifts. Wherever the away leg is I'd need to book it off as even if I'm on days I don't finish till 6.30pm. Many people these days do not work 9-5 Monday to Friday. There are 5 Bees fans on my shift who are unlikely to be able to attend both final meetings now. I will be extremely lucky if I could make one.

As I said I am lucky to be able to change my day off quickly and I know what your saying but the inference is we did it on purpose to gain an advantage when we could have faced ellis at reserve and now it will be garrity who has beaten newman many times at poole whereas ellis hasnt.

i think the people making comments about work commitments should stop moaning and think there selves lucky they have a job, some of us dont and would love the the quandary and actually being able to afford to go to a meeting. theres bigger issues in life than watching a sport that isnt fan friendly at all. rant over. :t:

IMO putting down covers on a wet track would be quite dangerous as there could be drier patches and wetter patches develop which in theory would make the track inconsistent and be a danger to the riders as the grip would be difficult to predict and we wouldn't want that going into and out of the bends no would we !!

As I said I am lucky to be able to change my day off quickly and I know what your saying but the inference is we did it on purpose to gain an advantage when we could have faced ellis at reserve and now it will be garrity who has beaten newman many times at poole whereas ellis hasnt.

The problem as I have always seen it is that the hole was caused accidentally and failed to be repaired (while knowledgeable speedway people think the hole could and should have been repaired). No effort was made to cover the track in advance of a vital scheduled for TV meeting. The covers problem could be aimed at the BSPA's collective door for failing to enforce any rules to make clubs take adequate preventative actions - but could also be levelled at the EL's most successful and probably most wealthy club.

No inferences about team line-ups, just simple statements.

• Like 1

IMO putting down covers on a wet track would be quite dangerous as there could be drier patches and wetter patches develop which in theory would make the track inconsistent and be a danger to the riders as the grip would be difficult to predict and we wouldn't want that going into and out of the bends no would we !!

if theyd put the covers down for the initial staging then they wouldnt have been able to create a hole then not be able to fix it :)....surely a hole on a speedway track can be fixed by a decent track curator in good time for a meeting to be staged?? Even if delayed??
  • Like 5

Let's just rewind to Monday night for a moment - it was clearly stated that the meeting would have gone ahead had it not been for the hole on turn 1

Therefore, the meeting WAS NOT POSTPONED BECAUSE OF A WATERLOGGED TRACK!

If Poole have admitted that the hole was their own fault, then obviously they are responsible for the meeting having to be called off

Perhaps, therefore, given those circumstances, they should have forfeited the semi-final, allowing the final to go ahead, weather permitting, as scheduled

Only Poole are responsible for this - no-one or nothing else is

• Like 8

Poole had no new shale/material available at the stadium. Do Poole EVER put any new material on their track?

Edited by Trees

Last time lakeside raced at Poole Ellis beat Newman in heats 2&9

• Like 2

i think the people making comments about work commitments should stop moaning and think there selves lucky they have a job, some of us dont and would love the the quandary and actually being able to afford to go to a meeting. theres bigger issues in life than watching a sport that isnt fan friendly at all. rant over. :t:

Why should I feel lucky that I've got my job, I've worked bloody hard for it!

• Like 1

But the point is, you should not be calling off meetings because you have messed up tracks ruining another teams arranged and promoted play-off date and screwing it up for the fans who have booked to go to the finals. Can you imagine them accepting this in Poland? I bet they have deadlines and if you miss them then it's 75-0. Today was the weather, fine. But Monday Poole Speedway

So here is a Cov supporter saying you should not call off meetings because the track staff messed up the track. Oh what a short memory you have. Pot and kettle spring to mind

• Like 1

Why should I feel lucky that I've got my job, I've worked bloody hard for it!

An awful lot of people, who also worked bloody hard for their jobs, have lost them through no fault of their own

If you think all the people without jobs "deserve" to be without one . . . . . . . . .

I can't think of a suitable response :shock:

• Like 2

What do people expect when you hold meetings like this in October ?

It rains a lot and is cold in October.

This is where the play-offs real fail and fall down.

Also teams have broken up by now (injuries etc) and we have Guests galore.

Kings Lynn and Poole without their best riders.

Either start season earlier and hold it in September or change play-off format.

What is really unfair is that the best team throughout the season (Kings Lynn) will end up with nothing ?

They have done all the hard work throughout the season and now without their best rider are punished ????

But this is Speedway !!

People like me work day and night shifts. Wherever the away leg is I'd need to book it off as even if I'm on days I don't finish till 6.30pm. Many people these days do not work 9-5 Monday to Friday. There are 5 Bees fans on my shift who are unlikely to be able to attend both final meetings now. I will be extremely lucky if I could make one.

I'm a 9-5 officer person (10-4 actually with some flexi) and i do have a fair degree of flexibility. but right now, we could be at Poole or Lynn any time in he next few weeks - I need to book time off and I can't. Poole I can make any day really - finish at 4, be there for 6.30 but I'd prefer to book the next day off so I can stay over and celebrate a league fun (or drink to forget a loss!) as last time we won it away I had to leave and drive home that night and regretted it).

Again, it's a case of "screw the fans". Why are we not being given dates?

So here is a Cov supporter saying you should not call off meetings because the track staff messed up the track. Oh what a short memory you have. Pot and kettle spring to mind

And we lost out. We had to run a meeting after the play-off cut off date. Other fans said it was a farce, most Bees fans moaned, bitched and complained too (the odd head in sand [or maybe shale?] fan tried to defend it). It was a PITA but Coventry lost out because of it. In fact the BSPA/SCB had an investigation into the ELRC farce - and rightly so - any investigation this time?

As I said I am obviously lucky I can book leave without much notice but why would you book hotel when you dont know where it is going to be staged. I am sorry if it means you cant go to the final now but I assure you it wasnt done on purpose and I think they picked wednesday next week as the forecast is better, as for changing the original date not sure why that was, its always been a monday before.

Just to be factual for a moment - Poole Stadium is not available for Speedway this Sunday/Monday!!

The rearranged semi final 2nd leg on Wednesday 15th October is exactly 12 months on from when Poole won at Birmingham in last year's final (Tuesday 15th October 2013).

Edited by Skidder1

Some of THE BEST meetings I have seen have been in October and March when the tracks hold moisture and are lovely and grippy :)

Not to mention the dark nights as well :)

Edited by Trees
  • Like 2