British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

I suppose there is a first time for everything.

Is that you saying, WELL DONE POOLE.

Well the farce of the elite league went ahead with the expected result. Love the Poole fans saying it was to dangerous to ride after heat 10! The same bunch if clowns who thought it perfectly acceptable to race after heat 9 at Belle Vue! What a bunch if hypocrites. We can only hope for a Coventry win as I couldn't bear the though of Ford with the trophy

You moan when its called of after heat10. You moan when the meeting is allowed to run its full course. You are a hard person to please

• Like 1

Well the farce of the elite league went ahead with the expected result. Love the Poole fans saying it was to dangerous to ride after heat 10! The same bunch if clowns who thought it perfectly acceptable to race after heat 9 at Belle Vue! What a bunch if hypocrites. We can only hope for a Coventry win as I couldn't bear the though of Ford with the trophy

your posts are not only offensive but are full of negativity you are calling Poole fans a bunch of clowns, yesterday slagging off Matt-Ford. The moderaters should ban you from this forum as your unpleasantness is beyond a joke Gavan.

We can take constructive critisism but most of your posts are anyting but. if anybody is a troll then you must be at number 1.

This forum is full of unecessary vile spitefull people who slag off Poole-Speedway whenever they choose.

How many Poole fans gate-crash other topics and Rant?. The answer is not many if any, and dont bring Steve-Shovlar into the argument as he has stopped psting on here.

Edited by Shaleshifter
  • Like 7

your posts are not only offensive but are full of negativity you are calling Poole fans a bunch of clowns, yesterday slagging off Matt-Ford. The moderaters should ban you from this forum as your unpleasantness is beyond a joke Gavan.

We can take constructive critisism but most of your posts are anyting but. if anybody is a troll then you must be at number 1.

This forum is full of unecessary vile spitefull people who slag off Poole-Speedway whenever they choose.

How many Poole fans gate-crash other topics and Rant?. The answer is not many if any, and dont bring Steve-Shovlar into the argument as he has stopped psting on here.

Mostly bought on by the actions of the vile spiteful person who runs Poole Speedway, and the inability of several posters to see the bigger picture, in my opinion. :lol:

• Like 3

Mostly bought on by the actions of the vile spiteful person who runs Poole Speedway, and the inability of several posters to see the bigger picture, in my opinion. :lol:

No. If that's the case then what a pathetic lot you are. Somebody riles you up a bit and you all turn into animals?

Well done to everyone last night, not a great night of racing and awful weather once again but at least it was over quickly and we got the right result, hope for better conditions tonight but looking at the forecast that seems unlikely.

Lost interest in the sport over the tactical joker decided final in 2006, which ironically Sky still show as if injustice was something special to be celebrated. League speedway is past its sell by date anyway, only the grand prix worth watching , at least you get more than one decent race every meeting.

Exactly. League speedway cannot be taken seriously. The 2006 Play-Off Final killed any chance of me adopting a liking for the GD; ditto the Joker thing in the World Cup. A sport isn't believable unless you can really feel its rules are deadly serious. Over time, speedway has gone more for X-Factor than being credible. It may have driven more fans away because of this than it's actually kept or won over. I know of three that no longer attend.

These Play-Offs are also pretend speedway. Somebody that rode for a team last night as guest, could have been a major influence on who his real-life team opposed in the Final 24 hours later.Is this a sport you can turn up and watch, cheer on riders and your team, knowing, with a click of the winter chill, many will be riding for new teams in 2015 There is no continuity.The bond between fan and team, rider and team, fan and riders... well, it's long gone.

I no longer have the passion to watch even speedway that's on TV, modern speedway, as I simply cannot believe the riders are commited to the team they represent. Team huddles on SKY make me cringe. Team managers actually looking like they are doing a job, they are needless nowadays... now the old Tac Sub is archived.

Although I have SKY TV, and don't grab a freemans from internet sources via streaming, I haven't watched a match or GP all year. They have been on in the background, as I've done something else, occasionally picking up my head if there's an incident. But I haven't actually sat down and watched a match.

I am really confused. A short scenario here, is, I am currently piecing together stats for the 1984 season... and actually feel emotions for back then, as I go week-by-week through the Star, for when Belle Vue lost the title after having been clear favourites; anger at the way broken-legged Kenny Carter passed Peter Collins at the British Final, to eliminate PC. I actually feel something - 30 years on - for a sport, which I still cling on to, hoping something will change, and the past decade or so can be forgotten.

Speedway is a totally different sport than I fell for.

Although it's The Main Event tonight, the PO Final, something inside tells me... it's about as important, as real, as when you pretended to play cops and robbers as a kid, or war games. Many of the riders will be off on their musical chairs route come the winter.

The sport is living a lie, somewhere deep within. For league speedway, team speedway to survive, you have to build a solid bond between club, riders and fans.

Another feeling that's just stirred inside me... was the 1981 season, when Peter Collins appeared set to join Leicester from Belle Vue, after his season-long retirement from the then British League. I was sick, felt like my girl was linking with another bloke. Thankfully, it didn't happen (PC joining the Lions; my girl did go to with bloke).

But, Andersen, Harris, Nicholls (no doubt), these guys and their Belle Vue experience... you knew only joined for the team place and they'll fleet off after the summer like some pop star on tour. The gig is done, the equipment loaded, and next night they are somewhere else. Many more riders than the ones mentioned, they are merely guests for the season.

Sorry to go off topic....

What was the question again?

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 5

I don't know how much pressure was put on the riders tbh,I would say a fair bit seeing as the scores were so close all the way through.

No I wouldn't want to watch a meeting in conditions like that again.In most races the riders were so close it would only taken one slip from any rider and it would been carnage,full credit to everyone for getting the meeting done but it was not speedway as we know it.

A final word for the Kings Lynn fans here,you can be proud of your teams efforts this year for the most part the standout team that looked nailed on to be champions but that is not always the case as we know only too well.If you can keep the nucleus of your team you challenging again next year.

Shovvy was there last night and sends his love,but is not coming back,

best news ever biggest prat going Edited by rainman
  • Like 1

best news ever biggest prat going

Expect this post to be deleted, it seems adverse comments about SS are off limits :wink:

Edited by Dave Jones

and dont bring Steve-Shovlar into the argument as he has stopped psting on here.

Jeez So sorry for posting a genuine question which I did not know the answer to

Well done to Poole on the expected progression.

Is that you saying, WELL DONE POOLE.

Selective reading.

You can apologise if you wish.

• Like 1

and dont bring Steve-Shovlar into the argument as he has stopped psting on here.

Why, he spent years winding the forum up (something he once admitted in a PM to me) and slagging off every other track, so what goes around, comes around.

• Like 2

Well what a great win for Poole. Both teams tried their best is really poor conditions at both legs and it was so close at the end.

We are looking forward to Sponsoring the final at Poole, may the best team ;)

Selective reading.

You can apologise if you wish.

I posted this before reading further down. So yes I apologiise

• Like 1

I posted this before reading further down. So yes I apologiise

Thanks, accepted.

Nice quote from Chris Louis in the Ippo programme notes last night.

"....That said I'm really not at all sure that the meeting at Poole ten days ago should have been cancelled and Kelvin Tatum even less so. Yes there was a hole in the middle of turns one and two but with constant remedial work throughout the night it could have been kept within acceptable condition to have run the meeting to a satisfactory conclusion."

I do like Chris Louis!!

Anyone actually see how bad the hole was?

Did Kelvin say they should get on with it?

I didn't catch that part of the programme.