British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

wrong your track prep was crap.

Swindon had covers and people prepared to work on the track. Poole had neither. Hardly a big club mentality.

They bladed the circuit , which done at any other track would have guaranteed the meeting going ahead.

The guy on the blade needs the sack. If Poole are supposed to be the bench mark for the elite league then that was a shambles in track prep

what makes you an expert? You only seem to abuse Poole and their management.

I accept they are not perfect.

No team or their management are perfect.

I thought you would have been concerned more of Somerset v Ipswich on Friday!

• Like 1

The Poole track was raceable,straights were fine,bends 3 and 4 were fine,the meeting COULD have gone ahead with a diff set of riders standing there in my opion.If this was a premier league match,there would have been no problem,but the simple fact is the pamperded elite league stars didnt want to try,Ive seen bigger ruts loads of times this season,ok it was on the first bend,But come thursday they are going to have the same problem to deal with,and we will see what happens next!!! I should add im a neutral fan in all this and we went down to Poole to have a good day out,which we were having up until start time!!!

No mate, sorry it was far from Raceable, i understand where you are coming from, but rider saftey is paramount, so if 99% of the riders say no, they say no for a reason. As i said in another post, it chucked it down all the previous night, and didn't stop untill 1.30 the following day. Then appart from sweeping the lakes off the track there is still nothing you can do untill the track drys a bit. Sadly time was not on the curators hands.

Up untill the downpour at 4pm the track wasn't to bad, 4-5 bags of Sawdust and you was in business. but the downpour caught everybody out, it wasn't forcast. Taking the slop off the top and then putting Sawdust down on wet dirt with the temperature dropping like a stone wouldn't have helped, and riders would have been sliding everywhere other than where they wanted to go which could have caused serious injury. You have to remember riders are riding these bikes with no brakes and the bikes are not light, especially if they hit you, ask any rider..

Every effort will be made to get Thursdays meeting on, but we are governed by the Greyhounds and therefore have limited access to the track, and as you know, this time of year you are very much weather dependant. Everybody in the stadium was very dissapointed that the meeting didn't go ahead believe me.

And before anybody jumps on the poole bashing bandwagon, ask Rosco the question, were they right to put covers down, what was the racing like, and what was the result?, which unless they had an Army of people would have taken them hours. 2 yr ago, we tried the same thing with the same covers, and it took us 5 1/2 hours to put them down, and 5 to take them up in the pouring rain. That was with 8 people. Swindons track is a dam cite bigger than ours.

Sadly people havn't got the time, or don't want to Volunteer so covers are a none starter.

Im sure every poole fan will feel for you, but do come along again even if you can't make Thursday, its a great place to be.

wrong your track prep was crap.

Swindon had covers and people prepared to work on the track. Poole had neither. Hardly a big club mentality.

They bladed the circuit , which done at any other track would have guaranteed the meeting going ahead.

The guy on the blade needs the sack. If Poole are supposed to be the bench mark for the elite league then that was a shambles in track prep

As i said, ask Rocso if it was the right decision. You are utterly clueless pal, you have no idea what our track was like, and you have no idea about Track prep, so stop talking about something you clearly know nothing about. you are just a Troll, go back to your own league. You are not liked on this forum, and you are not what speedway needs at this time.. Bye Bye.

Edited by Starman2006

Not at all, just commenting on what we ALL heard and SAW watching it on SKY.

Your comment that some weren't at Wimbourne to even be able to make a comment is pretty flawed don't you think?

In fact those that were watching on SKY had probably better insight and information as too what was actually happening than those in the stadium! ;)

What a naive point of view.

You see what Sky want (and allow) you to see and hear.

Those in the stadium at Wimborne Road could see the work being carried out.

• Like 1

Buster knows what your track is like and he was quite disappointed with the way Poole went about preparing the track!

Buster knows what your track is like and he was quite disappointed with the way Poole went about preparing the track!

Was Buster their from midday? No, he wasn't, so he had no bering or idea on what the conditions were like.

It's ashame for them because of the 'racing' that was served up and the vast majority of those fans who stumped up the money to watch it live would be home team fans, thought that would be obvious. British speedway needs all the paying fans it can get to survive and for some that may have been one of the few meetings they'd been to - will they go again? Any fan of speedway should be able to realise that the meeting was dire and would not attract casual fans to watch again on TV either.

Thanks also for the rather childish correction when I wrote 'cancelled' instead of 'postponed' - and actually it's p.s. as in postscript, not PS: as in whatever....... :oops:

Speedway is all about adapting to the conditions - good or bad. Of course it's a shame the meeting took place in difficult conditions, but it happens a lot (either wet or bone dry).

Poole are in a really dodgy situation now, and will they be trying to protect the track, and doing everything they can to get the match on? There's no guarantee it's going to be any better on Thursday.

Also, correcting your use of cancelled is not childish. The correct terminology is postponed (take a look in the SCB Regulations). If Poole have to cancel, what happens? Even though they won at KL, subsequently failing to stage the second leg would require a very difficult decision to be made by the BSPA.

PS: that's a perfectly valid variant of Post Scriptum :).

Whispers that Hans may be guesting for someone on Thursday???

Of course as far as Poole is concerned the 8-day rule could well have some influence now if they get past Thursday!!

Was Buster their from midday? No, he wasn't, so he had no bering or idea on what the conditions were like.

What has the gap between Russia and Alaska got to do with it

• Like 4

What has the gap between Russia and Alaska got to do with it

Ha Ha, very funny..

• Like 1

So about 8 hours of solid torrential rain til nearly 2 pm made it easy to prepare??????????

I think not................

RP

This IS on Sky Sports 2 on Thursday at 7.30.

It's not showing on the Sky TV Guide yet but is on the Sky+ Application - although it's not letting me record it.

Also Nigel Pearson has tweeted he will there on Sky Sports

So about 8 hours of solid torrential rain til nearly 2 pm made it easy to prepare??????????

RP

More like 12 hrs RP.

So about 8 hours of solid torrential rain til nearly 2 pm made it easy to prepare??????????I think not................RP

As reported in the EDP, Buster was not complaining so much about the track prep as the fact Poole did not have any fresh shale to fill the hole so it makes no difference if he was ther at 2 pm or not. Or did some thief come along just after 2 and pinch the shale?

RP

So 8 hours "solid torrential rain" affected just 5 feet of very strategically placed track whilst the rest of the track which (presumably) was also subjected to the same 8 hours solid torrential rain was ok to race on.

Oh how convenient.

Anything connected with Poo continues to stink !!!!

• Like 3