British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

If the meeting goes ahead there will a live report from Nigel Pearson before the meeting then some races will be shown on time delay with depending how the match goes and scoreline will dictate how much coverage is shown. Fans need to remember that Sky sports HQ is a sport news channel that features a variety of sport and has to take regular ad breaks but will feature Speedway more this evening.

The reason this is not being shown in full is simple cost it has already cost over 50k to try to broadcast this meeting, so can just about justify another £2500 for live inserts but not another 20k for full broadcast. By the looks of the weather it may be a very good decision. Lets just hope that forecast improves and can get Coventry on Friday

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

almost as if Matt Ford / Neil Middleditch were trying to gain an unfair advantage by inventing injury reports

Joe Screen.

Bluejigger - apology accepted. At the time of my initial posting it seemed strange that he was not riding when there had been no news of his injury.Compton has not done much to justify his inclusion in the team so his absence did raise doubts in my mind.

I agree that there have been many similar posts but it has not always been about Poole. The entire situation regarding guests in the Elite League needs a complete overhaul otherwise it will continue

Can someone please tell me which channel number I find these speedway heats - sports news? I'm not used to sky. Many thanks.

Can someone please tell me which channel number I find these speedway heats - sports news? I'm not used to sky. Many thanks.

I'm not sure about the Sky channels but if it does go ahead?..... then you can listen to the whole meeting here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p028p2c9

May the best team win.....Eventually!

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

Sky sports news is channel 401.Don't know the channel numbers on Virgin or BT

Having just seen the track on Sky it looks dodgy for tonight.But Pearson said if the rain stops by 5:30-6:00 the track staff are confident they can get it on.

Buster must have arrived early then :wink:

• Like 1

Having just seen the track on Sky it looks dodgy for tonight.But Pearson said if the rain stops by 5:30-6:00 the track staff are confident they can get it on.

Buster must have arrived early then :wink:

If the forecast is accurate is should have stopped by then, doesn't look good at the moment though.

The start covered. But the start only

Jacques- Sky sports HQ is available on Sky Go it was looked into broadcasting the meeting in full on the sky sports website but for the work that would have been needed behind the scenes to enable this combined with the weather forecast it has not happened.

If anybody has a steerable satellite dish and a receiver that can decode mpeg4 feeds you may be able to watch it that way and look out on the Internet streaming sites as somebody with the above setup may decide to stream it. Just be prepared it will be unedited with lots of zooming n and out along with shots of Nigel waiting to go live.

If anybody wants more info send me a PM

Am going through Poole right now and the weather is awful again. Glad I am working so I don't go to this meeting if it is on

Various tweets saying Meeting OFF tonight

Edited by A ORLOV