British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Everyone still think this is a satisfactory way to decide the champions for a seasons worth of racing? The lottery of rain likely October tracks.

Always thought the league should be decided by.. the league! Not play-offs. Usually get shot down by people citing the excitement of the play-offs. Which I can see... but if you have a league system, you should win the league, then have a different challenge for the top finishers. Otherwise the league is really more a very long qualifier.

Just imagine if the world championship went through all the rounds... then we had the top riders go into a separate meeting to decide the world championship. ;)

• Like 5

Get your act together Poole its only water

Time to break out the jet skies and decide this in Poole harbour, at least that wont be rained off...

• Like 3

Porsing is riding in Poland on Thursday and I see kenneth Hansen has twitted he is also in the same meeting so Howarth it is then lol

Time to break out the jet skies and decide this in Poole harbour, at least that wont be rained off...

I actually think that suggestion has merit :D

Always thought the league should be decided by.. the league! Not play-offs. Usually get shot down by people citing the excitement of the play-offs. Which I can see... but if you have a league system, you should win the league, then have a different challenge for the top finishers. Otherwise the league is really more a very long qualifier.

Just imagine if the world championship went through all the rounds... then we had the top riders go into a separate meeting to decide the world championship. ;)

Just imagine.. I'm imagining 1936-1994...

I'm also imagining all the riders having 5 rides each then going into semi finals.. where the top scorer could be eliminated. Nah.. my imagination is getting carried away :)

Farce

No, its called weather.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

Giving the conditions Poole were happy to race in a couple of seasons ago at Belle Vue, I amazed they haven't insisted on the meeting going ahead as the wet conditions are what they excel in.

No, its called weather.

No the other poster was right. It is a farce, where there was no plan in place to allow for rain-off's so the final had to be delayed by at least a week, maybe longer if tomorrow does not happen.

No the other poster was right. It is a farce, where there was no plan in place to allow for rain-off's so the final had to be delayed by at least a week, maybe longer if tomorrow does not happen.

Just out of interest, what would your plan have been?

• Like 1

What do you mean no plan ? The plan was to re run the meeting at the next date that the teams and stadium owners could agree on .. On those dates it's rained .

What was your Plan ?

• Like 1

This is all pooles doin! Everything about it stinks, and theyl fiddle it so they get exactly what they want. I personlly think this is all connected to ebola and the madalaine mccann cases. Its all bollocks and been fabricated from the off!

Oh and the charlatans are announcing new tour dayes on monday, sumat to look forward.

Sick of this twaddle now tbh. Scratch it off n try again next season i say. Lets be honest, sky dont care, we dont care, the riders av probably had enough the weathermen dont care, matt ford.... Yea he still cares, hes not goin home til poole av won one way or another! Didnt he ised to a hairdresser? I need a hair cut

Funny how some on here are still whining and blaming Poole for the weather again.

I have a question have you heard of winter before?

RIDER SAFETY COMES FIRST!

Except it is not winter only autumn !!!

Funny how some on here are still whining and blaming Poole for the weather again.

I have a question have you heard of winter before?

RIDER SAFETY COMES FIRST!

They could do it on push bikes? Or just run round? They arent interested though are they, dont wanna know, ohhh its rainin so we cant ride! Footballers play in the rain, these speedway riders are all puffs i reckon! One little touch and they are flying theough the air and through the fence and reckoning on to av broken bones and concussion! Ya dont see footballers doin that do ya!!! ;)